The Big Question

Russ

This, surprisingly enough, hasn't been asked too many times. At least to the best of my knowledge.

Anyway, the question is, what is the best match you've ever seen? Seeing as how this is the US Scene Forum, the only restriction is that it took place in a US Promotion. But you can include any workers, any gimmicks, anything you want. Just name the match that made you say "I've never seen a better match than this".

In my opinion, nothing will beat Flair and Steamboat's feud in NWA, at the end of the 80's. Every time they got in the ring together, the results were jaw dropping. Their last match in the feud was at Wrestlewar '89, and it's just fantastic to watch 40 minutes of utter non stop action. Every bit of movement had a purpose, and I don't mean that as a throw-away comment, like Michael Cole does. Flair first works over Steamboat's back so he can get the quick roll up, then when Steamboat starts realising what Flair is doing, he prevents him from working the back. In retaliation, Flair then works over his legs.

Quite frankly, it's wrestling at it's best from two of the greatest workers of all time.

Other matches that narrowly missed out are-

Flair Vs Steamboat (Great American Bash '89)

Flair Vs Steamboat (Chi Town Rumble '89)

Bret Hart Vs Owen Hart (Wrestlemania 10)

Bret Hart Vs Steve Austin (Wrestlemania 13)

TAKA Michinoku Vs Great Sasuke (Canadian Stampede 97)

Bret Hart Vs British Bulldog (Summerslam 92)

Shawn Michaels Vs Razor Ramon (Wrestlemania 10)

So...Any classics I forgot?

Well these matches are only from 2000 onwards as that was when I started watching wrestling, and I have only really watched WWF/E since then, so heres what my favourite matches I have seen are:

Triple H vs. Cactus Jack - Royal Rumble 2000

Triple H vs. Cactus Jack - No Way Out 2000

The Rock vs. Triple H - Judgment Day 2000

Triple H vs. Chris Jericho - Fully Loaded 2000

Chris Jericho vs. Chris Benoit - Judgment Day 2000

TLC 1 - Summerslam 2000

Chris Benoit vs. Chris Jericho - Royal Rumble 2001

Triple H vs. Stone Cold - No Way Out 2001

Shane McMahon vs. Kurt Angle - KOTR 2001

Kurt Angle vs. Chris Benoit - Unforgiven 2002

Kurt Angle/Chris Benoit vs. Edge/Rey Mysterio - Smackdown 2/3 falls match, 2002

The one I would say I enjoyed most out of them would be Triple H vs. Cactus Jack at the Royal Rumble. I was in awe watching the violent chair and barbed wire shots, and its really was just 20 minutes of bloody hard hitting action I really enjoyed. Triple H waqs invlolved in most of the matches I mentioned above, its a shame hes such an arse these days. :(

Erm I personally love War Games 92, just great

Bret v Austin at WM13 was very awesome, as was Bret v Owen and Shawn v Razor from WM10.

The ladder and TLC matches in 2000 with The Hardys, Dudleys, and E and C live in the memory, as do the tables match and streetfight involving Foley and HHH at Rumble 2000.

RVD v Lynn Living Dangerously 99

Juvi v Blitzkrieg Spring Stampede 99, as well as the Benoit/Malenko v Saturn/Raven match off the same card.

Mike Awesome v Masato Tanaka at Nov To Rem 99

Bret v Perfect SS91, Bret v Piper WM8

Basically I can't really narrow down one match, but those listed are my favourite matches, ones that made me mark out as a fan.

Its impossible for me to narrow it down to just one match so i will give a list of some of my favourite matches ever(Note this will be all WWE cos thats mostly all i have seen)

Bret Hart Vs Shawn Micheals(Wrestlemania 12)

Razor Ramon Vs Shawn Micheals(Wrestlemania 10)

The Rock Vs Steve Austin(Wrestlemania 17)

TLC 1(Summerslam 2000)

Bret Vs Owen Hart(Wrestlemania)

Bret Hart Vs Steve Austin(Wrestlemania 13)

Cactus Jack Vs HHH(Royal Rumble 2000)

Those are just a few of my favourite matches ever

Flair vs Steamboat at Wrestlewar 89 is probably the best match ever!

Here are some others that narrowly missed the grade:

Bret vs Owen (WM X)

HBK vs Razor Ramon (WM X)

War Games at Wrestlewar 92

10 man at Canadian Stampede

Eddie vs Rey Jr. (Halloween Havoc 97)

HBK vs Undertaker (first HITC)

Benoit vs Bret Hart (Nitro Oct 99)

Bret vs Austin (WM 13)

Angle vs Benoit (take your pick from any of their PPV clashes)

There are more but I can't think of them right now.

Russ you suprise me with the lack of CIMA in your list!

...the only restriction is that it took place in a US Promotion.

Sorry, but CIMA and TOKYO Magnum Vs Disco and Alex Wright from Nitro doesn't do it for me. :)

If it was a case of all promotions considered, you be looking at a list several pages long, with the names Misawa and Kawada appearing many, many times. And yeah, CIMA himself might pop up.

But my topic, my rules. US promotions only. If you don't like me, bite me. Want some? Come get some.