Matt Hardy, Sean O'Haire and Technical wrestlers

joejericho

Firstly, I think that it is a shame that Matt Hardy has been demoted to a cruiserweight. Like Shawn Michaels said 'wasted potential', I'm not implying that Matt should be the champ but I beleive he should be holding the IC Title, if only the title weren't dead. Everybody is complaining about the loss of the IC Title, I am also upset but now I beleive that it is for the best. In 2002 we lost the Intercontinental , European and Hardcore Title but what we seem to forget is that we also gained the World and Tag team titles. I beleive that it is a fair trade although I hate the idea of two different singles and tag champs. How can you be the WWE champion when somebody else is on the other show? How Team Angle be tag champs when Regal and Storm also are.

Secondly, what is the deal with having heels as the champions in WWE? There are 8 titles in WWE and 7 of them are held by heels (Triple H, Kurt Angle, William Regal, Lance Storm, Charlie Haas, Shelton Benjamin and Victoria) and now it seems that Mattitude will be the next cruiserweight champ :mad

Thirdly, if Sean O Haire isn't telling us anything we don't allready know then why is he telling us, we already know, there's no need for you to remind us Sean.

And lastly, we all love technical wrestlers such as Chris Benoit, Kurt Angle and Eddy Guerrero but I don't beleive that they are more talented than any other wrestler whose made it to WWE. I beleive that 90% of the wrestlers in WWE have the same talent as Guerrero and Benoit but they aren't allowed to use them. WWE have allowed Guerrero and Benoit seem like the best wrestlers (technically) but I don't think that WWE would hire a wrestler is he wasn't as skilled technically as Guerrero, Angle etc. Are we being brainwashed?

what is the deal with having heels as the champions in WWE?

It's pretty obvious. WWE loves to end "chases" for titles at Wrestlemania. It's obviously more effective for a face to win a title on the biggest PPV of the year.

I beleive that 90% of the wrestlers in WWE have the same talent as Guerrero and Benoit but they aren't allowed to use them.

No way, José Maximo.

Eddie and Benoit have the talent and experience to know how to work a classic match. To say that almost all of the roster have the talent of Guerrero and Benoit is quite ridiculous, to be frank. There's so many big, talentless lugs employed by WWE. On top of that, there's plenty of guys who don't know how to work a match for more than 5 minutes without resorting to rest holds. It's not a case of fans being brainwashed, it's just taken as general knowledge that the remaining half of the Radicalz are really as good as they're built up to be by the internet wrestling community.

I believe there is a lot of underused talent (Jericho, Christian, RVD, Matt Hardy etc.) who haven't been given the opportunity to shine and show their full potential, but I don't think there are any wrestlers in the WWE that can compare to Benoit, Angle and Guerrero in terms of match psyclolgy, being able to go 20 minutes plus while keeping the crowd interested, and pure wrestling and mat skill.

I don't agree that getting rid of the IC title was for the best. yeah it's value was being tarnished by short and/or unneccsary reigns e.g. Kane's reign as IC champ was short and albert (who beat Kane was unnceccsary. but the belt was used to help wrestlers as a stepping stone to the upper card region, elevate them and help thier push be more successful. withoutit, it's (sometimes) hard to tell who's the next one to be elvated.

if the undisputed rule was still in force (the champ has to appear on both shows) then yeah it would be a bad idea to have two champs... but now WWE have got rid of that rule it's not so bad now (the only thing wrong with it is te picture is that HHH is one of the champs)

my friend has this idea that it's much better for a face to chase after a heel for a title then for a face to have the title for a long time. for me the jury is still out on that idea but it kinda makes sense.

90% of the roster having the smae amount of talent as Chris Benoit, Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho :D and Eddy Guerrero- that's a tad unreaslistic i would say. anyway- the fact that they certainly put on the most impreesive matches seems to enforce that they are the most talented in the WWE.

Vince may be a bit restrictive but i don't think he would go as far as making certain wrestlers not use moves they are capable off... well not much as we akll know RVD can't use his Van Daminator and Van Terminator, Brock can do his shooting star press (though as someone brillantly said- he'd kill Billy Kidman's heat in a stroke), Jericho can't do the ORIGINAL walls of jericho :mad

but I don't think that WWE would hire a wrestler is he wasn't as skilled technically as Guerrero, Angle etc

Big Show, Riskishi, Albert, Scott Steiner, Kevin Nash, HHH :devil, Bill Demott, Goldberg (well that's a technaclity), (appearntly) Nathan Jones, Hogan, Scott Hall, X-Pac, Billy Gunn etc, etc (someone with a better memory will think of more)

*the opinions of Seabass don't necessary reflect the other members of TWO and anyone else

How can you be the WWE champion when somebody else is on the other show? How Team Angle be tag champs when Regal and Storm also are.

Regal and Storm aren't the WWE tag team champions. They are the WORLD tag team champions. THere is a difference between WWE and World (so WWE would have you believe). Personally I'd prefer simple RAW champion and SmackDown champion. Saves the confusion.

Secondly, what is the deal with having heels as the champions in WWE?

Because no one would give a shit if the face champions only lost to face challengers. Its called psychology. If a heel beats a face, the fans hate the heel and rally for him to lose the title, and gets the face over when he finally comes to beat the champion.

Thirdly, if Sean O Haire isn't telling us anything we don't allready know then why is he telling us, we already know, there's no need for you to remind us Sean.

It's called a GIMMICK, my friend. And it's not only very entertaining, but quite intriguing too, which only adds more aura to his character, and puts him even more over. So everyone wins.

I beleive that 90% of the wrestlers in WWE have the same talent as Guerrero and Benoit but they aren't allowed to use them.

THere are a lot of underrated wrestlers in WWE, but none match up to Benoit and Guerrero (well, there are a few, but only a FEW... about 3-4 tops). I'd like to see Albert, Kane, Undertaker, Billy Gunn, Chuck Palumbo, Nathan Jones, Big Show, Taker, Bradshaw, Crash, Hardcore Holly, Tommy Dreamer, Scott Steiner, Rikishi, Hulk Hogan, Chris Nowinski, The Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Jeff Hardy, Funaki, Buh Buh Ray, D-von and Test have Benoit/Guerrero calibre matches. And guys like Christian, Kanyon, Edge, Rey etc can work great matches, but just aren't as technically gifted as Benoit, Guerrero, Angle, even Chavo.

A lot of WWE guys, Matt, Misterio, Jericho, Angle, Kendrick, Noble, Helms, Kidman, Chavo, Edge, Christian, Storm etc etc can have really great matches, if given the time and patience. But WWE have neither so they are stuck with lousy gimmicks and 5 minute bouts, while A-Train, Big Show, Steiner, HHH etc get the push and the 20 mins. Tis one of the many reasons why WWE is in the state their in.