wwe is ridiculous

Guest falconsnest

Guest falconsnest
I gotta say that I stopped watching most of the wwe stuff because it sickens me. Ever since I saw Triple H in a coffin with a dead body I realized they sunk to a new low. That is when I decided to not pay as much attention to their shows as I used to. They have great wrestlers there with lots of talent but they turned their show into a circus. What happened to the quality wrestling they had years ago? They traded that all in for some slapstick comedy that isn't even that funny. I admit that the rock has made me laugh a few times but that doesn't make me want to tune in to every show they have. I respect indy promotions much more because the wrestlers give it their all and they are there to entertain and not necessarily make a buck. I still can't get over the name change to "entertainment". It just doesn't sound right to me. For now, I will stick to japanese, lucha, and indy promotions.

I take it that statement was aimed at Raw?

The way i see it- Raw is more entertainment then wrestling and Smackdown is vice versa.

Get over the fact that WWF has become WWE- it wasn't like WWE wanted to change it, they were force to. Yeah it seems arkward to say WWE at first but you get use to it and then you barely notice saying at all.

*wonders if old school fans were bitching that WWWF became WWF*

Now if you don't mind i have to leave my farm and stop the world being destroyed by a comet :xyx

I respect indy promotions much more because the wrestlers give it their all and they are there to entertain and not necessarily make a buck.

From Vince McMahon to the owner of the smallest indy promotion on Earth, everyone in the wrestling industry is out to make a profit.

WWE isn't as bad as it was a few months ago. That's not to say that current WWE TV is good, it's just better than the crap that was Dawn Marie/Torrie and HHH/Katie.

I still do watch WWE but what I don't get is, why write Al Wilson off? his segments was usually the high rated segments on SmackDown!

Al Wilson was really funny in a cool sort of way.

Anyway, as long a certain man called Mr Rechsteiner is on WWE programming, I'm content to watch it......

WWE have the WCW syndrome down to a tee. If you watch WCW around 2000, a lot of Russo's basic booking ideas were very good, and had he used patience, and long term booking, with the ideas he had, WCW would still be here today. And that is WWE's problem at the moment. They have no patience.

They shouldn't be booking and planning for today, they should be booking for tomorrow.

WWE are trying with shock angles, bringing back old stars etc, to try and get ratings now, instead of building up guys for the future like your Benoit's, Jericho's, RVD's and even guys like Cena, Orton etc, so that they will be getting big ratings, in say a year's time.

It's far too similar to WCW, that it is increasingly more worrying. WCW had the stars there for the future in spades, and so do WWE. WWE have to have patience, true they aren't getting great ratings now, but given time and patience and building up new guys, I'd guarantee they will. The main worry is, they are wanting to get out of their rut now, and only now, and whatever they do, it's not going to happen. And until Vince realises that, WWE will continue to flounder, until the inevitable happens.