Raw, Next big unexpected things, Nash and more...

Walshy

Quick thanks to Russ who pointed out a few problems with my last post I will try and do better this time.

Raw's world title - The point I made about this was that if when easy E bought in the title, instead of just giving it to Triple H and creating one hell of a boring show, there should have been a tournament that involved everyone on the raw roster. I personally feel that this would have much better, it would have helped to establish more main eventiers, Booker T, RVD, Kane, Jeff Hardy etc… there could have been upsets, fan favorites going further than people expected, Tommy Dreamer or little Spike going to a huge PPV final, 6 man hell in a cell or the elimination chamber. HHH could have still won it, but it would make him look so much stronger than when he is just given the belt. In the words of Y2J; ‘what a very WCW thing to do, it makes me sick!’

Stars that could be – who in the WWE could be pushed to the top that you wouldn’t expect? I must admit that I would have to go with Tommy Dreamer at the moment, the fans love him, he has talent and could give great matches with the right opponent. Before you begin to say that I’m nuts, remember that Bill Demott was once Hugh Morris, who looked like he was never going anywhere, now look at him, Mid card looks like a certainty, perhaps higher. Who do you think that it could be??

Dawn + Torri – Does anyone feel sorry that the Al Wilson angle has effectively destroyed both of there careers as wrestlers, not me. I feel that Smackdowns! angle should be that the best wrestlers and performers are on this show, all the storylines and gimmicks and T&A are on RAW.

Nash – What will happen when Nash comes back? He could feud with Steiner on Raw to show he is the real Big Poppa Pump, He could battle Big Show on smackdown to see who is the best big guy? Or he could just join the not four horsemen and rule Raw with his best mates HBK and HHH. With his fitness in question Raw would be better were he would not have to work as much.

Well I’m going to watch smackdown now, not expecting much form the review that I read but you never know.

Walshy Boy Version 2.0

my best post yet I think!

I'll give my thoughts on the things you talked about in that...

For Raws World Title - A tournament would have been great I agree, but I also think it was handled well. It got The champ heel heat because he got given the belt and dint have to fight for it, and then he acted like it didnt matter because he deserved it anyway, It was used to get him heat, and I think it worked. It also, for a short time, elevated Bubba Ray Dudley though, so maybe the tournament would have been better.

Stars that could be - Potentially, if given the right story, pretty much anyone on the roster should be able to be a big star. But from a personal viewpoint, Matt Hardy, Christian or John Cena would be great to see to be bigger stars than they already are.

Dawn and Torrie - I dont think the Al Wilson storyline will have ruined there careers. Within a few months most people will have forgotten about it. Remember Kane who was kept away from people all his life before coming to the WWE, was able to go to parties and get drunk. People dont look at Austin and go "Isnt that the Ringmaster?" They don't mimd that Rikishi once "ran over" Stone Cold. The whole thing will probably be forgotten about, and there careers will continue.

Nash - Not really bothered about, As long as he doesnt stink things up too much.

Overall, your column wasnt all that bad. COuld maybe do with going into more detail on some things, but not too bad overall.

For Raws World Title - A tournament would have been great I agree, but I also think it was handled well. It got The champ heel heat because he got given the belt and dint have to fight for it, and then he acted like it didnt matter because he deserved it anyway, It was used to get him heat, and I think it worked. It also, for a short time, elevated Bubba Ray Dudley though, so maybe the tournament would have been bette.r

Yeah, a tournament would have been better. It did also get HHH heat but more X-pac heat than proper heel heat. It was less "You're a great heel, we hate you" and more "We're bored of you, you suck, I ain't watching this shite no more". A good heel keeps the viewers coming back over again to see the face eventually get revenge. But now everyone knows no one is gonna go over HHH and no one cares, and ratings continue to drop, only getting higher when HHH isn't there, or with something as big as this Austin storyline. Also, it didn't really elevate Bubba Ray, as everyone knew he'd lose the feud, and now is back to teaming with D-von in boring matches with bore-athon Storm and Regal.

Stars that could be - Potentially, if given the right story, pretty much anyone on the roster should be able to be a big star. But from a personal viewpoint, Matt Hardy, Christian or John Cena would be great to see to be bigger stars than they already are.

I don't think just ANYONE can become a big star with the right story. A-Train was given a great story with Edge, attacking his partner and then Edge oging after him for revenge. But it flopped because A-Train is simply not main event or even upper mid card worthy material. I agree with Matt, Christian and Cena getting pushes, as they are more exciting than Batista, Big Show and DeMott (even if Vince can't see it), and you can add O'Haire, Jericho, Booker, Orton and RVD to that mix too.

I personally feel that this would have much better, it would have helped to establish more main eventiers, Booker T, RVD, Kane, Jeff Hardy etc… there could have been upsets, fan favorites going further than people expected, Tommy Dreamer or little Spike going to a huge PPV final, 6 man hell in a cell or the elimination chamber.

Would be a good idea (except elevating Jeff Hardy, which is a stupid thing to do in his current state). But the upset finalist would have to be someone more like Batista or Orton or Rhyno or someone of that calibre, as Dreamer is merely hardcore as opposed to all-rounder that main eventers need to be, and SPike only serves to make new giants look like vicious killers, which the main eventers wouldn't need as they are big enough in the fans eyes anyway.

Stars that could be – who in the WWE could be pushed to the top that you wouldn’t expect? I must admit that I would have to go with Tommy Dreamer at the moment, the fans love him, he has talent and could give great matches with the right opponent. Before you begin to say that I’m nuts, remember that Bill Demott was once Hugh Morris, who looked like he was never going anywhere, now look at him, Mid card looks like a certainty, perhaps higher. Who do you think that it could be??

Again, Dreamer is merely just a hardcore wrestler, so a main event push wouldn't really work for him. Demott is merely pushed on size factor and isn't getting over much. Someone like John Cena is a much better choice as he is great on the mic, ad a true talent in the ring, technical, speed and agility wise, and can easily get himself over (with the right gimmick and push).

Dawn + Torri – Does anyone feel sorry that the Al Wilson angle has effectively destroyed both of there careers as wrestlers, not me. I feel that Smackdowns! angle should be that the best wrestlers and performers are on this show, all the storylines and gimmicks and T&A are on RAW.

It hasn't destroyed them as WRESTLERS, but I think people have seen "the light" as far as their acting is concerned. But again, attention span is short nowadays, so I doubt many will remember (or so WWE hopes). As for the best wrestlers and performers thing, I don't agree, as guys like RVD and Booker T and Jericho are gret athletes and if all great athletes were on SD, RAW would be left with A-Train, Rikishi, Bill Demott, Jeff Hardy and Big Show, and that ain't a roster I really want to see being pushed on my TV.

Nash – What will happen when Nash comes back? He could feud with Steiner on Raw to show he is the real Big Poppa Pump, He could battle Big Show on smackdown to see who is the best big guy? Or he could just join the not four horsemen and rule Raw with his best mates HBK and HHH. With his fitness in question Raw would be better were he would not have to work as much.

I think he should focus more as a character, as he is versatile on the mic and can be entertaining, as long as he is nowhere near a wrestling match, where the possibility of tripping over himself and being left a cripple as his nail breaks or his hair gets caught in something is very high. In my opinion, he's done as a wrestler.

Good column thing. Keep it up.

The depressing thing is Nash and HHH have both said in public they want to work together at or after WrestleMania and those two allways get what they want. 2 years ago HHH probaly could of dragged a good match out of Poochie but now it'll no doubt stink worse than Stiener/HHH and be given 25 minutes. Edited by Tajiri