The hilarity continues

Jung

"Stephanie McMahon recently told Mike "Nova" Bucci to cut his long hair. The reason she wanted him to cut his hair is because she thought he looked too much like Triple H."

Do they think we are idiots or something??????

I'm amazed they actually think we'd see the 5'7 170 pound Nova and go, "blimey Triple H has shrunk and lost some weight"

This company is run by a bunch of monkies, next we'll be having arrows to point at wrestlers just to show who they are. And you gotta love WWE asking all wrestlers to cut their hair, apart from HHH. They really are an absolute joke. Shame nobody is laughing.

Personally, I think the story is a load of crap.

I find it impossible to believe that he was asked to get his hair cut because he looks similar to Triple H. I think its more that he may have been planning to get it cut anyway, or maybe for his character they wanted him to get a hair cut, or something like that, internet reporters hear about it, and twist it into a way to get at Triple H. It's pathetic really.

Don't like it? Don't watch. Simple as that.

Using that logic every supporter of a team not doing well should just quit watching football, people are wrestling fans, they want to enjoy the wrestling they see and if they aren't enjoying what they see they have every right to complain about decisions made or actions of people who they feel are damaging there enjoyment.

Exactly. We take time out of our lives to watch this stuff. We pay £14 every 3/4 months to watch something and if we don't like it, we have every right to complain and criticise in any way we feel fit. If we are paying our hard earned money on something and it turns out to not meet our standards, thats their fault, not ours, and we can complain as freely as we want.

Ok. Fair enough. But turn off during HHH's bits at least. I for one am getting sick and tired of the same people getting slagged off. If enough of you who claim to hate Tripper turned off during his segments than WWE would take notice. But I suppose it's easier to come here and moan in every single thread about how he's ruining the company.

Originally posted by Sabba Simba

If enough of you who claim to hate Tripper turned off during his segments than WWE would take notice.

Sadly, that only applies to the US only.

And even when Raw's ratings were hovering above the dreaded 2.9 zone, they were still putting the same crap with HHH on TV.

I'll give you that HHH is a good heel, but let's not kid ourselves on, the man is anything but a saint when it comes to backstage behaviour.

You are right HHH is just one of the problems, but he is the biggest problem of them all. get rid of him, restructure the writing team and bring back Shane O'Mac and you might even have a good show.

quote:

Vince Russo - Where is the emotion attactment in wrestling today?

There are two things you can do about it, thats nothing and like it!

WWE don't need to get rid of HHH, the guy is a good heel and does still holds name value, but currently his physical state has severely taken away from his in-ring work and his presence in so many Raw segments has led to his character becoming very stale and will probably damage any chances of him drawing big money in the future if business picks up, really what WWE needs to do with HHH is give him time off to heal (something that he will probably never take due to the fear of losing his spot) and re-move from him being the centre of all activity on Raw to allow more of the younger and newer guys to shine. I do really agree with Austin said recently on no active talent having any involvement in booking meetings if it doesn't concern their own angles.

I have to say HHH is not the main problem WWE have, in my opinion the main problem is WWE Management and booking staff who seem to have no confidence in guys like Booker/Benoit/Jericho/Edge etc having the opportunity to be in high profile roles so they will continuously resort to older main eventers and big guys, WWE management simply doesn't listen to what fans want, the Rumble was the clearest sign of this, big guys like Batista and A-Train come out to zero reaction and dominate while guys like Rey/Matt/Edge/Jericho/Booker get great reactions and look like jobbers only getting 10 minutes in the ring.

I don't think Triple H deserves to be fired, and its not his promo work or in-ring work, that people fault, its the attitude he has, that makes him believe he should be the only headliner. His matches with RVD, Booker, Kane etc. haven't been bad, just groan inducing, cause they follow the all too similar pattern of watching HHH squashing the living crap out of them ad nauseum, and thus making them look incompetent.

On work rate and promo skills, HHH is not bad, if not pretty good, its just people get annoyed at him, because his feuds follow a very distinct pattern, and the fact they know he won't job, unless too his friends, or if he gets 3 wins back over the next month, means fans get annoyed, and they have every right to get annoyed. No-one should ever tell a fan, if you don't like it, don't watch it, cause they have every right to complain, as a fan of the sport. If fans never complained, and just turned off, wrestling would have probably died 20 years ago. Wrestling and its future is based on what fans what, after all they pay for what they want to see, at shows, PPV's etc. Thus if they complain, hopefully someone will notice, and the product will therefore change to suit that. Thats why fans have to state their opinion, cause the show is being made for them, the wrestling fan.

Fans want to see Triple H, but they want to watch wrestling, in which its competitive, cutting edge, hanging off the seat type stuff, and watching HHH cut off every single push by crushing INSERT NAME, is not what they want. It's not the only problem by any means, but its certainly a problem, one which will have to be looked at soon or else they won't have a future.

Guest Mafia Quan

This rambles on and jumps around a bit, but here goes.......

Did anyone ever stop to think that maybe, just maybe, all the "backstage politics" stories are actually created by WWE insiders, and put on the internet, in order to creat heat for HHH outside of normal WWE Programming. Even though Vince is a busy man, im sure that he has heard of the internet by now (LOL).

How many of the so-called reporters have actually been backstage during a WWE event to witness this first hand? No one really knows what's going on other than the people backstage. But of course this is the internet and EVERYTHING that is on the internet is true. It could be true, it could not be true, but in my opinion, it doesnt really matter who is in on production meetings, who's screwing who (literally and metaphoricly.)

What really matters is the final product. We all know that the product has been under par as of late. Quite a few people want to again go to the backstage politics and point the finger at HHH. Another thing to keep in mind, is that for the most part, during every era of WWE there has always been "the main guy". Just look at Hogan's early years and you will see what I mean. As far as the writing team goes, what ever they play, has to go through Vince, the final athority. Sooner or later as a writer, you just end up writing what you know the boss will go for, over writing cutting edge material that will just be dismissed as (insert lame excuse here).

Then comes the in-ring performance. Here is where the real (and in my opinion) and only blame for HHH lies. His performance has gone seriously downhill since his return from the quan injury. He bulked up way too much (roids or not) and lost the agility that made him interesting to watch before ( much like Steiner.) Regardless of how he got his spot, or how he is keeping it, HHH seems content in the fact that he will reamain there, with little or no effort. I feel that if Vince is going to keep him in the main spot, the least he could do is prove to us that he deserves it.

Mind you I still like HHH. I like his persona, and I still hold onto the days not-so-long ago, where he could kick ass, and still make his opponent look like a milliion bucks ( or a million and a half pounds ). Anyone who remembers the match he had on Raw with TAKA a few years back knows what I'm talking about.

Can we just stop pointing fingers at indivuals and come up with a real cure-all solution.. then maybe, just maybe, somone at Titan Towers will hear us.

Ok HHH shoudn't be fired, I agree that his in ring work has been very poor since he came back and Raw is very boring as there is pretty much nothing that doesn't involve HHH, Flair or a screw job.

HHH should look at it this way, If I promote other talent like, Booker, Y2J, Edge, Cena, Rey, RVD and so on, then I will be respected as a person and it will give me more people to battle with and improve the show.

Instead he thinks: If I keep all the talent down then I will be the main attraction, everyone will think that Im the best and I will be seen as a Ledgend.

But theres no point in moaning about it because nothings going to change! EVER!

HHH - 'On this show I am GOD!'

Did anyone ever stop to think that maybe, just maybe, all the "backstage politics" stories are actually created by WWE insiders, and put on the internet, in order to creat heat for HHH outside of normal WWE Programming.

I find this VERY hard to believe, considering that HHH was face for a good few months last year, and reports of his backstage demeanour were still coming thick and fast. Why would WWE go to such bother to make a small proportion of their audience hate the guy that they're pushing as one of the biggest faces in the company?

Maybe every internet reporter does have it out for HHH, and he's a top guy backstage, making friends and trying his darndest to get guys over. Or maybe he's just what they report it as. While I don't know for sure, I think it's easy to tell just what's happening backstage.

Steph and HHH running the WWE, Jericho being burried by HHH everytime they fight, X Pac getting a push, Regal getting a push, Test/Nova being told to cut their hair, John Cena's push disapearing, HHH being praised by everyone who pics up a mic, HHH appearing in every segment and HHH going over every upper midcarder/main eventer on Raw.

With all that happening in the past few years, surely there's got to be some explaination deeper than "Everyone online hates HHH, they're just making up stuff about him".

How many of the so-called reporters have actually been backstage during a WWE event to witness this first hand? No one really knows what's going on other than the people backstage. But of course this is the internet and EVERYTHING that is on the internet is true. It could be true, it could not be true, but in my opinion, it doesnt really matter who is in on production meetings, who's screwing who (literally and metaphoricly.)

The stories all originate from the newsletters (mainly the Wrestling Observer and Pro Wrestling Torch) which the writers off know and are in contact many people involved in within the company and who are present in booking meets (and if you don't believe that check out the Meltzer interview I posted a few weeks back). Now there are a number of Internet writers who will get about 20 people reading their work and think there now gods gift to Wrestling fans with amazing knowledge and come off with there wonderful backstage stories but ignoring them comes down to common sense. Things that are reported aren't said in dark smoke filled rooms there said in rooms with management, road agents and booking staff all present (see the two newspaper reports from backstage at SmackDown! a few months back), now I’m not saying that this makes it all 100% true but either HHH is really a nice honest hard working guy trying help put over scores of younger guys and it just a really nasty coincidence that what appears of TV backs up what was reported about him in the 'sheets'.

its no wonder everyone hates him now, hes soo boring and predictable people just get sick of him, but one question i`d like to ask is how come hes keeping John cena from etting a push?? I think cena`s class, one of my fav wrestlers around. hmmm I wonder how many people remember him defeating chris jericho last year at a ppv.....