Talk Whatever Online is becoming Deadicated Fans! Forum restructure is under construction ×

I blummin' love WWE at the moment

A.C.

Yeahyeahyeah, I've not been on for a while - real life got in the way AGAIN. Anyways...

As the topic title says, I blummin' love the WWE at the moment. Me and Mrs A.C. have been watching since, I think, August or September - every Raw, Smackdown and PPV - and it's been some good stuff.

She think Cena's the greatest thing since the sliced bread, obviously. I reckon he's great in his role, his character's surprisingly genre-savvy and he seems like a good chap to boot.

CM Punk... I'm so proud of CM Punk. I know did nothing to aid his rise to the top but to go from watching his hour-long matches with Samoa Joe and listening to his pre-WWE shoot interviews to seeing him in a main event spot and being one of the best mic-men in WWE makes me happy. To a lesser extent, Daniel Bryan is in a similar spot, though without the massive push.

The difference in the roster between two years ago and now is like night and day. I seem to remember a new superstar initiative or something - that fellah with the towel? - and it tanked badly. Look at the roster now and it's a cracking mix of the old hands and the new guard sharing the spotlight.

Not sure if I'm going to spark much discussion but this post is more by way of a "I'm going to try to post in the wrestling section" kind of a thing.

:xyx

It might be an age thing. Nowadays it's not so important to me that things are perfect or that my favourites aren't getting pushed. The only thing I skip past are diva matches as without the titillation that you got from B&P or gravy bowl matches back in the day, there isn't much entertainment left.

Another reason I enjoy it so much now is that it entertains me no end that Mrs A.C. points out poor selling, dodgy spots or "ooh, he didn't land right then, is he okay?" already. It's a bit like Educating Rita but with wrasslin'.

I must echo AC and say that, and perhaps this is an age thing, is that I watch wrestling with far less emphasis on being sound in the knowledge that I know a botched spot when I see one. I simply sit back, relax and enjoy.

And if I don't enjoy then I turn over.

I know for many people it's a big, important thing to dissect what WWE or TNA puts on our screen to such a degree that the displaying of your "wrasslin' knollidge" actually takes away from your enjoyment of the Art, but recently I've almost given up wanting to know who's doing who backstage, or who's botched what, or who's pushing who, or how that push could be better or whatever... and coupled with the fact that the newer people WWE have got are clearly a talented bunch... it made my watching of the Rumble very enjoyable.

Cheers!

Funnily enough, I came on TWO just to make this topic. I've watched RAW for the past few weeks and, honestly, it seems to be a good product at the moment. I really like CM Punk's character and the storyline with Randy Orton is excellent. I'm sure Orton would be better as a heel but because of how good Punk is, everything they do seems to work. Triple H vs. The Undertaker should be good too and I look forward to seeing how that builds in the run up to WrestleMania. The Rock's promos were the attraction to watch RAW again and I'm looking forward to Cena's responses too.

Wrestling is far more enjoyable if you're not a fan, you know? Writing this post, I expect someone to come in and say "What do you mean that was good, ____ buried ____" but that's missing the point to me. I enjoy wrestling a lot more when I don't care about how logical it is. I think that's how wrestling should be taken. It's not like a multi-coursed meal at a Michelin starred restaurant which blends together for perfection: It's a greasy bucket of KFC you eat when watching TV, sat in your undies. Simplicity can be as good as perfection.

I've really noticed over the last few weeks WWE has really been giving their viewers a reason to tune in the following weeks rather than just having us hope that something remotely interesting happens. There's been the return of The Rock, Undertaker, Triple H and next week something else is happening but I will leave that up to our friends in the UK to find out on Friday. If you already know then you already know and if you don't then you must not want to know yet. Either way, It's going to be cool.

The roster has been really strong as of late especially with CM Punks new role as Nexus leader. He's really building himself up as one of the top heels in the business.

I've really noticed over the last few weeks WWE has really been giving their viewers a reason to tune in the following weeks rather than just having us hope that something remotely interesting happens. There's been the return of The Rock, Undertaker, Triple H and next week something else is happening but I will leave that up to our friends in the UK to find out on Friday. If you already know then you already know and if you don't then you must not want to know yet. Either way, It's going to be cool.

The roster has been really strong as of late especially with CM Punks new role as Nexus leader. He's really building himself up as one of the top heels in the business.

You read my mind. And now I can't wait for Friday!!

Usually, I just fast forward through the shows and watch what I'm interested in. Lately, I haven't been doing that when watching RAW. I seem to be able to sit through the entire show and I actually get excited to see what will happen the next week. Wrestling hasn't had me hooked like this in ages.

• 4 weeks later...