Talk Whatever Online is becoming Deadicated Fans! Forum restructure is under construction ×

Reminiscing...

Jack

I've just been looking through a few old posts on here after receiving a PM and it actually brought a smile to my face. As frustrating as this site can be sometimes, it's always been a pleasure to be on here. There's a lot of genuine, honest people on here, who give TWO something that no other site I've ever seen has.

...ok, the love in is over.

The post I was been reading a few minutes ago, was about the whole issue with a few ex-members having a paddy and leaving the site. Of course, they didn't just leave, they created a stir before they went, it was an issue which turned into a laughing matter within days and the next week, nobody cared they had gone. It's still pretty funny reading them all pass the buck to avoid being banned though. And one other thing which made me smile, was the horrendously obese, ugly teenager, mentioning other peoples weight and looks, but that's a separate issue.

Even though there have been a few ups and downs for me personally and the site as a whole, I always look back with fond memories. It's a great place to be, especially when there's a big talking point.

Anyway, I don't want to list too many things. I'll let you post your own memorable moments in TWO history.

ahhhh Craig.

I get what you're saying, though.

I take hissy fits and sometimes need a sabbatical, but I always come back. TWO is the site I've visited/been part of longer than any other on the net. I've met some great people IRL through here, and had some great times.

Although some peeps do try my patience... I love it here.

I know I'm kind of a standing joke now, but damn it, it's all still fun and games.

I love TWO. I dread Kam ever getting tired of it and closing the site down. Sure I know most of the people I want to know, but something about the place is just fun.

I've met a lot of cool people thanks to this site, and I wouldnt swap that for anything.

Yeah, couldn't say I've ever really disliked people here, but I tend to bottle up all my frustrations and let it out in one big Rawr anyway and usually that's off site.

But the hissy fits do tend to amuse, Darky has 2 a year, Inno usually has a fit when the season changes and I can think of only 2 people who left TWO without a fuss.

I've also met a lot of genuinely nice people too.

I love reading old TWO threads as well. Reading about tha past is always fun. But even though the past seems better the present is cool as well. I love posting at TWO.

Jack could you link that thread you mentioned, I was looking for it but couldn't find it.

The one I was reading was in the mod forum, so, unfortunately, I can't. I'm not sure many people, including yourself, would want to read what was written again either.

But, still, I always enjoy a bit of controversy on here ;)

Even though I never attended one, the TWO meet ups always seemed pretty fun. Any fond memories or stories from those who did go to one?

Loved the meet ups! These days my place is too small to host one though. Not enough space for more than 2 or 3 people to stop over, so I have to invite rather than just opening it up to whoever wants to come.

There have been some great ones, the 1PW one with the double box was ace. Loads of us watching the show from on high and during the interval pissing about in the nearby matted room. :lol

That was the one where Colin was so drunk that he aimed a chair shot at... Banner I think, missed and fell to the ground. He jobbed to a chair. :lol

The Mania ones were normally fun too. Gringo fell to sleep on an inflatable matress (and burst it) so someone threw a shoe at him. In fairness he wasnt asleep because he was tired, it was a John Cena match. :P

Hah! Or there was the time we went to a local bar and AC got chatted up by a gay fella for about 10 minutes. He even asked AC to sit on his knee. I think theres a video of it somewhere.

Good times. Still, I'll let you know how Summerslam goes...

I love this site too. It's the only forum I've ever been an active member on, and I don't see any point in joining any other. I mean, we talk about everything here; music, films, history, politics, MMA, football, how sh*t wrestling is, just inane banter and jokes, and then, occasionally, we all shout at each other and call each rude words for no reason, and then feel kind bad about it, but can't really be bothered to apologise. What more could you really want from a forum?

Oh yeah absolutely agree with just about everything that's been said here. I haven't been a member of too many forums over the years but, for whatever reason, TWO is by far and way the most welcoming, friendly and intelligent.

I think as I've got older and I've fallen out of touch with the Reno's and the Hancock's of this world, what with their jargonz and their "~'s" and their YouTubes, I think the greatest thing that TWO has ever managed is remain the least "internetty" of all the internet forums. Which is quite something.

It's also nice and simple, and tidy too.

Never been to a TWO-Meet though. Darkstar has invited me to plenty and I've never managed to go. I remember he invited me to this UK wrestling event in Donny where he had an executive box and I really wanted to go, but I was going on holiday at that time.

Cheers!

Meeting quite a few people has been really fun and all thanks to the site.

I've woken up Darkstars neighbours at four in the morning singing F**k Her Gently with AC whilst sharing a cig, I've popped inflatable furniture at a few peoples houses, I've been to weddings, I drank neat JD through my eye, I've hear Mojo Pojo snore like a gutted pig in the middle of an earthquake....

Good times...

But aside from that this is a family really - people form bonds, get closer to certain people then others, argue and bicker and still forgive each and generally put up with one another whilst still manage to talk about big issues and private matters with generally the minimum amount of mockery.

Thats the great thing about this place - whatever your conversation needs it can placate them and at the end of the day you can make friends doing it if you want. It's like a cheaper pub with less glassing.

I think the greatest thing that TWO has ever managed is remain the least "internetty" of all the internet forums. Which is quite something.

Good in some ways, but bad in that it's a little disheartening to see how out of touch TWO can be at times. The site still has a chatroom, for example. In 2011! And wrestling fans seem to suffer from a lack of pop culture and stepping out of the wrestling bubble anyway, so it can be a chore sometimes.

But, yes, as someone who has left and come back a few times, and may be the only person who cannot under any circumstances get banned, it's true that TWO is just a natural thing to me. It's quite hard, after what is now NINE years last month (I joined the chatrooms before I joined the forums), to see anything in the world and not think "I wonder what the people of TWO think about this," even if I know that what they think is going to make me lose all faith in humanity.

For all the crap I give the site and its members, it gave me two of my best friends in Ray and especially Colin, as well as getting to meet others over the years (and the few that I will likely meet in the not-so-distant future like Inno and Peter Richards), helped get me into Uni and got me a solid pass in my radio doc assignment, and made watching and discussing wrestling a lot more fun. And to back up Boyo's point, whilst it isn't as funny as SA or F4W's forums are, part of me doesn't want it to be. It is what it is, and it suits it well.

Edited by DraVen

I keep coming back for some reason. TWO just feels like home.

I know what you mean. For me, it's probably because discussions on TWO rarely degenerate into the typical internet mud slinging crap (which I genuinely cannot tolerate.), no matter how controvesial they might be. Most people here can actually form an intelligent argument and remain rational.

I don't know what to say.....

I mean, no one seems to like me on these forums, and now and again an inadvertant argument seems to start, and due to those two things, I become disencouraged (is that a word?) about posting. I also steer clear of the "serious" threads, such as the serious issue threads in the general chat forum, partly because of these things also.

I really have tried to "fit in" on these forums, and I have tried to contribute something to them, but I feel like I've failed.

When I first joined the forums, for the first year or so, I don't remember having any problems.....

.....so yeah, I don't know what to say.

I don't know wuhat to say.....

I mean, no one seems to like me on these forums, and now and again an inadvertant argument seems to start, and due to those two things, I become disencouraged (is that a word?) about posting. I also steer clear of the "serious" threads, such as the serious issue threads in the general chat forum, partly because of these things also.

I really have tried to "fit in" on these forums, and I have tried to contribute something to them, but I feel like I've failed.

When I first joined the forums, for the first year or so, I don't remember having any problems.....

2/10 I only like posts about rap music.

I don't know what to say.....

You take things too personally SHL, people are going to disagree with you and they aren't going to think less of you for having a differing opinion.

It's when you lose your temper with people because they disagree with you that people start moving away from you and you also have the Jayfunkian ability to not listen to what people are telling you and that gives off the impression you don't really care about anyone but yourself.

Edited by Paul

You take things too personally SHL, people are going to disagree with you and they aren't going to think less of you for having a differing opinion.

It's when you lose your temper with people because they disagree with you that people start moving away from you and you also have the Jayfunkian ability to not listen to what people are telling you and that gives off the impression you don't really care about anyone but yourself.

"Jayfunkian" :lol

Anyway, I know. I try not to, but it happens.....

I used to think that if it wasn't for the e-fed I wouldn't ever come here but I think in all probability even without that I'd still be posting here and there. For all the faults the site has now and again in general it's been a place where you can express your point of view, have the odd debate and generally become part of the furniture. Being part of the site (in the small ways I've done) has genuinely been rewarding and even the times where I've exploded with e-rage at people haven't dented my appreciation for the laughs I've had with a lot of people here.