Talk Whatever Online is becoming Deadicated Fans! Forum restructure is under construction ×

10 years, and what have we done?

MojoPogo

I got the idea for this reading the 10th anniversary newsletter, incidentally, probably the finest newsletter i've read (cheap pop ahoy), and thought, bloody hell, i've been around, admittedly with the odd hiatus for 5 years now, and what have i achieved here? What have i done? You know, we're constantly analysing, critiquing, and generally picking apart stuff, why not blow our own trumpets (steady Darkie) a bit?

Well, i can safely say, i've laughed, cursed, raised some hell, but more importantly made a lot of valued friends in my time here, even if some of my posting has been, er...........less than fresh. All that being said, i feel reenergized, focussed and more positive about myself and the future than i can say for quite some time. And hopefully this should be reflected in my contributions. So, lets hear it, for the boys and also for the girl..........:xyx

I got the idea for this reading the 10th anniversary newsletter, incidentally, probably the finest newsletter i've read (cheap pop ahoy), and thought, bloody hell, i've been around, admittedly with the odd hiatus for 5 years now, and what have i achieved here? What have i done? You know, we're constantly analysing, critiquing, and generally picking apart stuff, why not blow our own trumpets (steady Darkie) a bit?

Well, i can safely say, i've laughed, cursed, raised some hell, but more importantly made a lot of valued friends in my time here, even if some of my posting has been, er...........less than fresh. All that being said, i feel reenergized, focussed and more positive about myself and the future than i can say for quite some time. And hopefully this should be reflected in my contributions. So, lets hear it, for the boys and also for the girls..........:xyx

Fixed.

What have I done. Well I've bitched and complained a lot and really nothing else. So yea, that sounds bloody depressing doesn't it?

Yes it does Dante, yes it does :').

I've been a fairly unremarkable member for the most-part, except round the TWOstars part of the forum where I'm pretty well known.

Did nothing of note until two summers ago when my bruv bullied me into signing up to the e-fed and it just happened I was pretty good at it.

Now I'm in charge of it and have a great network of people because of it :).

Also met one or two folk late last year which was a ball - seems so long ago now.

Oh, and I've donated some money to get into the Champagne Room.

And that's it really, I don't imagine much changing to be honest.

Climbed from internet newbie up to forum mod, hosted a shitload of TWOMeets (spending far too much in the process :lol) met some very cool people, won money, brought TWOStars back form the dead and turned it into a success and generally had a laugh.

6 years I've been here now.

In 6 years I've joined, posted, done a W101 Column, started RX, saw RX implode, been on a hiatus, come back... and then generally just pratted around in the TWOStars e-fed and argued with Jung about football.

Busy first year, mellow five after that.

Cheers!

Lets see, Ive met a few great friends on here, been a subber for one go through, plan to be again soon. Ive been a lurker mostly bar a few threads I read a heck of a lot more posts then I post. Ive been here mainly for the efed from the start but I absolutely love this place. Ive been here since '06 I believe.

Practically everything. I've been a poster, chatter, e-fedder, moderator, administrator, W101 writer and interviewer, avatar creator, competition winner, t-shirt wearer, TWO meet attendee, award winner, hall of famer, and next year will be my ninth as a member of the site. To think, I could have spent that time outside in the sunshine.

In real life during all that time, so much has changed. But, for all the sh*t I give the site and its inhabitants, I made some close real life in-person friends from here and that's about as cool a thing as I could ask for.

If anyone ever wonders why I get away with stuff here that no one else does, as sad and potentially reputation destroying as it may read, I practically grew up on here. I'm a child of TWO, so to speak. Except, unlike the other kids, I never got away.

You get away with it, because you're usually right. And believe me when I say that I'm not really one for handing out compliments. Besides, someone's gotta be the comedy villain of the piece! :lol

TWO was the first place I called "home" on the internet. :) I cut my teeth here, learned a lot about how the net works.

I've met some cracking people - all of whom I need to make time to see again. I've seen some weird stuff like "The Gang" and a faked death. I was a mod in the chatroom for a while, I think.

For a while eFedding took up waaaaay more of my time than my employers would like to think.

And even though I've come and gone a couple of times; even though I don't post as much as I used to; even though each attempt I make to get back into wrestling fails; I always come back.

Edited by A.C.