Talk Whatever Online is becoming Deadicated Fans! Forum restructure is under construction ×

RAW Discussion Thread - September 20, 2010 from Indianapolis, IN (#904)

TPIB

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/images/shows/raw.jpg

Last week's Season Premiere of RAW scored a 3.0 rating, the same number as the previous week.

(RAW for September 27 was taped in the same venue)

Venue

Conseco Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, IN

Confirmed Matches/Events

NEW WWE Champion Randy Orton To Appear

John Cena Vs. Wade Barrett

NEW United States Champion Daniel Bryan To Appear

Night of Champions Fallout

Edited by TPIB

Miz, once again, made the show worth watching. His intensity with Bryan was awesome and although it's completely stupid to continue the feud, I'm glad that they allowed him to be so strong again.

Everything else was ok. Nothing particularly great or even good. It was all just there.

Hhhmm it was ok but the booking is just rubbish.

They just throw random stipulations and completely illogical scenarios out willy nilly and you just end going "what?". The whole GM thing doesn't make any sense most of the time, Wade Barrett and NXT all look like idiots, Cena doesn't care about not winning the title yet again, the HIAC PPV ruining feuds with a meaningless gimmick and Jericho just saying actually I won't retire like was said in a stipulation.

It's all a bit Russorific for me.

Miz, once again, made the show worth watching. His intensity with Bryan was awesome and although it's completely stupid to continue the feud, I'm glad that they allowed him to be so strong again.

I think ending it at Night of Champions or Hell in a Cell does not really matter. 2 weeks apart, it is not going to be any diffrent really. Daniel Bryan will go over and leaves Miz all ready to cash it in.

John Cena doesn't care about losing the title? What a tool!

Daniel Bryan's up there with Punk and Sheamus as being the best thing in WWE right now. The man has class.

I remember when Nexus meant something. The biggest WWE angle of 2010 means f*** all now. If it was to finish I would've liked it to go out with a bang, not in the fashion where people don't care about it.

Apart from Bryan/Miz and that early Sheamus/Orton segment the rest of the show was booooring as hell.

That's what I meant apart from the obvious rubbish booking, boring shows.

Usually there's football on or a dog show or random special event.

But if not, then surely you're one off/anomaly concept Mitch may turn out to be wrong with no reason people weren't watching except for the fact they think Raw's got crap.

They've had anomaly shows before with nothing competing against it. Raw has been much worse in the past and had more viewers.

As it is, apparently last night had not only MNF but the debut of the new Dancing With The Stars season which I'm almost positive has affected the Raw rating before. Those wrestling fans sure love their dancing.

I was going to watch Dancing With the Stars, until I found out that Bristol Palin and freaking Florence Henderson were on it. Now it's become "Dancing with the Almost Famous and Has Beens".

RAW wasn't much better, ended up watching TOP CHEF on the Food Network.

They've had anomaly shows before with nothing competing against it. Raw has been much worse in the past and had more viewers.

As it is, apparently last night had not only MNF but the debut of the new Dancing With The Stars season which I'm almost positive has affected the Raw rating before. Those wrestling fans sure love their dancing.

Pwinsider are saying the football shouldn't be blamed too much:

The 9/20 edition of Raw did a 2.8 rating (that is not a typo) with 3.9 million viewers. The show did hours of 2.77 and 2.82. Obviously, that is not a good number, especially the day after a PPV. The NFL game on ESPN did a good but not amazing 10.92 rating, so WWE can't blame that number for the drop. The new season of broadcast (free) TV started last night and I think that had an effect on the Raw rating. It seems to me that some of the people are putting their viewing habits up for bid.

The 9/18 edition of AM Raw did a 0.43 rating with 493,000 viewers. That is also lower than normal.

Well along with Dancing with the Stars, CBS premiered the new season of Hawaii Five O which pulled in the biggest numbers of the night. Combine those two with football, RAW will lose everytime.

EDIT: And Raw was crap, so not surprised that some viewers found something different to watch.

Edited by Fiona

I thought RAW was really good this week. Sheamus and Orton were great in the opening. Sheamus' confidence is showing. He also said the word 'jammy'. Then topping that Orton threatened to RKO Sheamus' grandmother just to see the look on her face. Gold.

Edge and Zak Ryder are ****ing hilarious

Daniel Bryan is having a stella feud with the miz

I'm into Morrisons cheesy work out segments before he enters the ring.

The Nexus v Cena feud works. Nexus is running out of steam and needs to be erased or have its dynamic changed. The HIAC stip is perfect here. Both Barret and Cena cut very convincing promo's. I honestly don't know why people are moaning about the booking.

Show was OK, some really good stuff and fun enough to watch, but man, some butt-f*ckingly bad booking.

The good:

- Above all else, Miz's beatdown. He was a beast in there, just going mental and ripping at Bryan's face. What a complete asshole. Miz in general, from his promo, commentary, beatdown, outfit, excuse, everything ruled.

- Jericho/Morrison was a fun little match with a good finish.

- LAYCOOL on Raw. Improves this show immeasurably. Similarly, LAYLA working. Improves any show immeasurably. That flippy Stunner was freaking awesome too.

- RIDE OF THE VALKRYIES. Its corny as f*ck, but I like the song and I laughed a lot. I can get used to it.

- Eve. I like Eve. Cool finish too.

- Teddy and Maryse actually INTERACTING. Like, f*ck. It only took them to break them up to actually get them to notice each other. I must admit, I was legit intrigued by the mysterious love thingy. Its nice having something where you genuinely dont know whats going on.

- The idea - IN THEORY ONLY - of Barrett's swerve. At least they didnt actually do Barrett vs Cena then and there. And I really enjoyed the promos until Cena went goofy.

- Justin Gabriel. Dude is great, and he works well with Cena. AWESOME moonsault, that totally needs to be his Side Effect going forward.

The bad:

- HIAC IS IN TWO WEEKS. In case nobody noticed or anything.

- Beating Bryan. Bad, bad, bad. By the end of the whole thing it wasnt so bad because Miz was such a pr*ck, but the guy just won the US Title and still didnt have a single second to actually be...not a jobber. The guy's a bland midget typecast as a jobber, he needs all the help he can get. Its not the end of the world, but its just one of those things that indicates what wrestling involves in 2010 and why nobody cares about it.

- MICHAEL F*CKING COLE. Heel Cole is one of the most insufferable things I've ever had to sit through in wrestling. Seriously. It was kind of funny, like, the first time. 6 months ago. Now? Just f*ck off. Its not funny, its not clever, its not cool, it adds NOTHING to the show, in fact it makes it about ten times harder to watch.

I had no problem with babyface Cole. None whatsoever. I'm probably in the minority there, but whatever. I dont think the majority of normal fans gave a sh*t about Cole before either. He was just the God damn announcer. Like announcers are supposed to be. They're not supposed to be douchebags for no real reason. And now, because Cole ranted about the internet one time and it was funny, an entire show became a vehicle to get this guy over as a douchebag heel, an entire guy's career has become a vehicle to get his guy over as a douchebag heel, and slowly RAW is becoming a vehicle to get this guy over as a douchebag heel. HE'S THE GOD DAMN PLAY BY PLAY! Why the f*ck do you want him to be a douchebag heel?! Its not like he's a colour guy, where thats the point, he's supposed to be the objective play by play guy, and freaking has been for over 10 years, and still is for 90 minutes of the same damn show, but apparently its a good idea to make your play by play guy a douchebag. No, its really not. Its annoying, its distracting, it makes the show much less fun to watch. None of these are good things.

I mean, really, where is heel Cole going? Is he the GM? Is he going to stop commentating? If he doesnt, then what is the point of having a heel PBP? If he does, you've just got rid of your main PBP guy, with no suitable replacement around, just because its funny nobody likes him.

I just do not understand. At all.

- John Cena doesnt give a sh*t that he didnt win the title. He thought it was great that Randy won. F*ck you motherf*cker. Just f*ck you.

Furthermore, if Cena doesnt really care that he lost, why is he angry at Nexus for eliminating him?

- Who the Jesus in Hell thought it was a good idea to change Truth's music? It was his ENTIRE gimmick. It was OVER. It was catchy. Now his new music is terrible, it gets no pop, its hard to sing along to, and he had to do "Wassup" anyway just to get a pop. No buys.

- Cena going through the three Nexus geeks. They dont seem to comprehend that "greater than the sum of their parts" means they can individually lose a singles match to an actual singles star, not that they're all useless and can all be beaten single-handedly by one dude. This was HHH-level stuff, just useless.

- Cena's COMEDYLOLZ promo here. He saved it by the end, because he's Cena, but really. No brains, these people. Again, its 2010, no brains and no buys.