How Are You Today? 2010

Ruderz

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Were you working this weekend? I'm interested to know if the re-release of Back to the Future did well.

I was, yeah. To be honest we (different folk I work with) were horrified by what a terrible job our advertising chappy had done on getting the news out - apparently they'd been out at different Fresher's Week stuff for various Uni's and hadn't made it the focal point of their presentation... it's just maddening.

I was in last night where they were maybe half full (in one of our biggest screens), and during the day today where it was dead all day for everything.

If it was going to be busy it would probably have been tonight - but our cinema has been fairly quiet over the past few weeks no matter what's been coming in or out (except for bleedin' Eat, Pray, Love).

However after seeing it on the big screen, I have to say it's totally worth going out of your way for - brilliant!!

Off sick with a cold today. Have to get better for tomorrow as we're going on a class trip to the fire station. Adam is the one who'll be giving the kids the tour. I have one little guy who is determined to get a ride on the fire truck with the siren going. This is going to be a riot.:P

Yeah I wouldn't mind seeing DC in action...erm...so to speak.
Here you go; a little highlight package of my section in the opening Gauntlet. We didn't have too much to do due to time-constraints, so this is more like a Top 5 moves thingy, but you'll get the gist.

The music (apologies for the long intro), which is my entrance music, is Ghost Rider by Henry Rollins and the Pumphandle Cageplex gets a real-life unveiling.

Enjoy, Lucian.

[YOUTUBE]GeWH60dABfQ[/YOUTUBE]

@ Etz - I got the idea for the Pumphandle Samoan Drop after trying to think of a pumphandle move that hadn't been done before and the continued rotation just seemed logical. That being said, apart from the pumphandle itself, the moves are completely separate.

@ Darkstar - I can see where the legs wobble a little bit, but both Boogie Boy and I were perfectly safe and the move went off without a hitch.

A little bit? You take about 5 steps as you steady yourself after getting him up, and your legs shake. You need a bit more stregnth in those legs old son, they look like they've lost mass since the last time I saw you wrestle, maybe that had something to do with it.

Or maybe it was just one of those occasional balance things that happens to everyone now and then. Who knows? :lol

The cageplex looked nice though.