Hogan signs with TNA

Frank Botch

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

god i hope he isn't world champion

It's hardly going to make things worse Jay. I mean come on he's going to increase fan interest in TNA, surely that's a good thing?

Who cares if he holds the title, it doesn't matter.

Take this for what its worth, Bubba the Love Sponge had this to say on his twitter..

MikeandRayshow he is the Booker. Period. Saw it in his contract

Terry and Eric won't make the same mistakes that they made at wcw. Bubba

EDIT: beat me to it Darkstar. So this is the end of unfiltered Russo...

Take this for what its worth, Bubba the Love Sponge had this to say on his twitter..

EDIT: beat me to it Darkstar. So this is the end of unfiltered Russo...

End of Russo full stop more like.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

I'd give him the benefit of the doubt first. I mean it's hardly like they are going places at the moment is it?

Plus in terms of making merch deals and you know actually making money, he's probably going to help in the short term.

I'm not saying everything's gonna be rosy, but it's hardly going to destroy TNA. If anything it will raise their profile.

Plus aren't you all looking forward to Joe trying to pound on Hogan then being given the big "YOU!" followed by boot and legdrop. The Internet will explode.

Edited by Jung

For those who have asked whether Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff coming into the company means they are going to take the reigns of TNA, I am told, "absolutely not."

I am also told, and this one shocks me personally, that the signing is not a precursor to removing the current TNA creative team. Given Vince Russo's past issues with Hogan, that is going to be extremely interesting to follow.

There are SpikeTV and TNA banners up at the Hogan press conference outside Madison Square Garden right now. Jimmy Hart is with Hogan and Bischoff as well. The signing was kept a secret to even the inner-most members of the TNA circle until today

Source:pwinsider

Really surprising that Russo is staying.

And does this mean that Bubba the Love Sponge is untrustworthy? Shocking.

The Hulk Hogan-TNA press conference today featured Eric Bischoff introducing Hulk Hogan. Hogan talked about TNA and stated he was becoming a "partner" in the company and that he was feeling great and looking forward to being a part of the company. The conference left the impression Hogan may be involved as a personality, but not wrestling for the group.

TNA President Dixie Carter gave a short speech saying she was looking forward to working with Hogan and that while they have great ratings for a Thursday night, Hogan would be the "boost that TNA needed." SpikeTV's Kevin Kay was also in attendance and gave a brief statement about the network working with Hogan.

The Q&A session was said to mostly be fluff fan type questions, although one fan did ask Hogan whether working with Vince Russo would be an issue. Hogan responded that as long as Russo stayed in his place and didn't cross him, there would be no issues. Hogan then said that if he did, Hogan would have to take care of it.

When the topic of Eric Bischoff came up, Hogan did not say Bischoff was working with him in TNA but noted they have other side projects they are working on.

Obviously, Hogan's book being plugged was a big part of the conference as well.

CNN's Larry King Live had a camera crew there shooting footage for tonight's Hogan appearance.

pwinsider

So he might not be wrestling, maybe that means the Flair deal is still on...or something.

Russo stuff is pretty funny.

I'm stunned...this is amazing.

I have read and heard about all the stuff that went on with him in the past couple of years. His son being in jail and all.

Is it true btw that he did something with one of his daughters friends or was that just some media story?

Anyway, I have always been a big Hogan fan, he is the reason I started watching wrestling in the first place!

I actually never watched Hogan knows best, the things about his son and daughter (she's a singer or something?) are the only things I know.

I like the mistique of the wrestlers.