RAW Discussion Thread - October 26, 2009 from Buffalo, NY (#857)

TPIB

Venue

HSBC Arena in Buffalo, NY

Last week's edition of RAW scored a 3.3 rating, which was down from the previous week's 3.4 rating.

Confirmed Matches/Events

Kyle Busch & Joey Logano To Serve As Co-Hosts

NEW WWE Champion John Cena To Appear

Bragging Rights Fallout

Edited by TPIB

Damn, Kofi nearly slipped when he threw the bucket down and he could've done himself damage when he accidentally put his foot through the windshield....

Raw seemed to be trying too hard to put themselves over Smackdown tonight. It just stank of over-trying.

And now they've just announced Cena v HHH v HBK for the WWE title at Survivor Series.. Well **** that. HHH just doesn't deserve a title shot at the moment in my opinion... It wouldn't be so bad to see HBK v Cena.

Looks like they have plans for Sheamus which is ar fheabhas ar fad... Michael Cole said Sheamus powders himself like Cú Chulainn to make him pale (well actually Cole called him "cool coolayne"). Don't know if thats true,

Anyway, here's Sheamus on Podge and Rodges Show (same people who did Zig and Zag) on Irish TV a few years ago and he doesn't look so pale

Edited by The GS

Except for HHH and Shawn Michaels being legitimate main eventers, you mean.

But in principle, yeah, I tend to agree - DX didn't deserve the shot, and I don't know how Legacy could just get buried like that. I mean, Cena vs. Legacy isn't going to sell a single PPV but it would have been something new and given Cena some new stars to defeat, and would have led into the story of Dibiase splitting and turning face. But no, it's a three-way. And really, HHH :(

On the plus side, Kofi looked great out there, and I'll happily sit through an Orton/Kofi match on PPV.

HHH did an interview in Powerslam like, yesterday, where he put over Sheamus huge and said he's taken him under his wing.

Might explain the Raw move, and at least for those of you who like him, gives you some hope.

They said a few weeks ago on one of the wrestling sites that HHH has taken a shine to Drew McIntyre too and he's responsible for his push.

And now they've just announced Cena v HHH v HBK for the WWE title at Survivor Series.. Well **** that. HHH just doesn't deserve a title shot at the moment in my opinion... It wouldn't be so bad to see HBK v Cena.
Your comment would have some merit if you didn't contradict yourself? You complain that HHH doesn't deserve a title shot, yet are happy for HBK, who has as much right to a title shot as Triple H, to challenge for the title.

Why does HBK deserve a shot, but not HHH?

Your comment would have some merit if you didn't contradict yourself? You complain that HHH doesn't deserve a title shot, yet are happy for HBK, who has as much right to a title shot as Triple H, to challenge for the title.

Because we're on the internet! :lol

Raw was quite watchable this week, annoying and rubbish hosts aside (next week will be worse though)

Kofi was great, a programme with Randy should be good stuff. Even if it isn't, at least they're pushing someone new at long last.

I'm not that fussed on Sheamus yet, probably because most of his matches have been squashes. I can't see who could feud with though. Personally, I would rather have seen him on SmackDown, feuding with Finlay over who's the real Celtic Warrior, or something like that.

I just feel like HBK has done a lot of good wrestling over the last few years and hasn't got the title shots that his wrestling deserves. Sure he's had Triple Threat title matches and Elimination Chamber title matches.... But I personally would like to see HBK in a one on one contest for the title in 2009.

HHH has had his share of title bouts this year despite his character being stale.. They don't seem to be too pushed at having mid-carders fighting for the title at Survivor Series, so if they're going to put a high up guy from the company in the main event I'd like to see HBK on his own fight. That kind of match is reasonably fresh, while HHH main eventing again and again is pretty stale.

Edited by The GS

I actually don't mind, Cena v HBK v HHH as technically speaking has that ever happened before?

Plus I actually guessed that would happen in a thread recently and hopefully it will lead to a DX split, which could work if done creatively. Of course they need to explain why DX get a shot because it's ridiculous considering they lost the night before and haven't been anywhere near a singles run. Just like in TNA, they've gone "oh here's a good match" then announced it and then have to cobble together reasons as to why it's actually happening. All they needed was say DX to come out for an interview and say "well we lost last night, but lets not dwell on the past" and then one of them to say "right I want to go for the title" and then they jokingly argue that they both want to and then they announce the 3 way. It's not rocket science, but it's just a massive gap in simple logic.

But typical 1 step forwards 2 steps back for WWE. Kofi/Orton is a real fresh match that could be super exciting and a great chance to see Kofi up there. Yet why on earth do they get Cena to bury Legacy? And not just that but say "it would be like a re-run" the night after he faced Orton for the 4th consecutive PPV and after he'd faced Orton what 4-5 times on PPV before that in the previous 18 months? I mean talk about retarded.

As for the show, fairly meh. The Nascar guys were atrocious as was Hornswoggle.

But just dumb to bury Legacy. And then they wonder why nobody gets over. Baffling stuff.

not a good raw this week fairly boring hhh vs show was crap with all the raw wrestlers junping him nascar drivers mean nothing to wrestling fans outside usa legacy losing to henry mvp wtf? swagerr + miz could be a nice rivalry i think its time santino was released. seamus a good addition to raw as he can wrestle and has charisma and good mike skills but i was looking forward to his fued with shelton on ecw.

I can't get over just how bland and boring those two NASCAR drivers were, as soon as they opened their mouths my IQ started to drop I think. Just horrible guest hosts.

Raw itself was ok I though, not as horrible as it has been in recent months but still not a show that I want to see (like Smackdown is). As mentioned te burial of Legacy stupid but Kofi really stepped up and hopefully this will lead him places other then jobber-ville

Also, OZZY NEXT WEEK GUEST HOST!

I hope Kofi and Orton get a singles match at Survivor Series, but knowing WWE they will probably be captains of opposite teams.
How dare WWE, at Survivor Series, book a team-based match. ;)

EDIT - WWE.COM is saying that Ozzy & Sharon will be hosting the show next week. That should be interesting. :lol

Edited by DC