Little spots you love

Naitch

Shitty thread title, I'm not sure if half of mine even qualify as 'spots' but, whatever, screw you, you wanna fight about it?

Anyways, the little spots in da wrasslin' you love. Could be a little touch an individual wrestler busts out that separates him from the pack, could be just a general wrestling thing, could be from an individual match. Could be whatever the hell you want. I ain't your keeper.

- For example, I always dug the Flair/Tommy Young shoving match thing (obviously Flair didn't, you know, invent it but he's probably the main person I'd think of who used it) that Triple H stole and used with Earl Hebner in 2000 because he thought he was Ric Flair where Flair would question a call, shove Young, Young would take no shit, shove him back, point at the shirt and Flair would back off and whatnot. Crowd was always into it.

- Speaking of refs, I still like the deal they do with Taker where he will lose his temper and lunge at a ref or give him a steely eyed dead man stare or whatever and the ref shits himself and dives out of the ring.

- Flair Flop. Every. Single. Time he's ever done it in the history of ever.

- Basically any kinda shady heel tactic which totally need to be used more. You're a heel so pull the guy's hair, claim the guy is pulling yours even when you're bald, grab the guy's tights on a pinfall, pull a foreign obect out of your tights (not your penis though. A lot of kids watch wrestling, it could be taken the wrong way. Besides only Scorpio could conceivably use his to win a match with) and hide it from the ref and whatnot. Guys like Jerry Lawler used to get hours of material out of really basic stuff like that.

- The thing where a guy will come off the top rope with an Axe Handle or whatever but the other guy will catch him with a punch to the belly welly on the way down and he'll flip completely over.

- Steamboat's skin the cat deal. Less so when Michaels does it because Shawn Michaels smells.

- Terry Funk's punch drunk selling where someone hits him and he starts swinging punches that hit nothing but air and then he'll fall backwards head first through the ropes to the floor. Coupled with that, Dick Murdoch's wobbly legged selling when he's in a punch exchange or whatever.

- I still LOVE the spot from one of the Funk/Flair matches in '89 where Flair slides him down a table on the outside head first like Funk was a gold prospector getting slid down a saloon bar in Wyoming circa 1871. Funk in general was always great at coming up with nifty little spots that added to his matches a hundred fold.

I have dozens and dozens more but I can't be arsed thinking because thinking is for learned people.

Show me the love.

Edited by Naitch

Little spot I love.

One of the best spots that I loved to no end in wrestling was whenever Hulk Hogan was wrestling. I loved when a heel would hit Hogan with their finisher, get on top for the pin, 1-2...BIG KICK OUT!!! Hogan goes into a seizure, feels no pain from their punches, stands straight up and points the finger directly at them.

From there three punches, throw into the ropes, big boot to the face, hit the ropes, drop the big leg....1-2-3 its over!! I dont care how many times I saw that I loved it every single time. (Except for Wrestlemania 6 when The Warrior beat em.) :good222:

Bobby Heenan giving Hogan or another big name babyface a slap and then legging it towards the corner and vaulting over the top rope down to the floor. For a fat middle age guy, Heenan was athletic as f*ck!

I also used to like Mr Perfect's running self commentary during his squash matches on Superstars and Challenge, if that counts as a spot?

I used to love the Jericho "come on baby" pinfall attempts back in 1998. So suited his character and just a brilliant subtle way of annoying a crowd.

I love the Cactus Jack clothesline where they both go tumbling over the top rope.

Not a spot as such, but the Perfect gum swat is great.

The way Jake Roberts would slide into a ring and then sit in the corner. Perfect for his persona.

Vader's constant "Who's the Man?" shouting, usually after to pummelling the living crap out of his opponent.

The way Bret Hart throws his legs when he performs a suplex. Just looks cool.

The spot in the Eddie/Rey Havoc match where Rey's somersault plancha turns into a rana. Just mental.

Still love the rolling germans by Benoit.

Oh and the sleeper hold kicked into a pin done in the Bret/Piper and Bret/Austin matches.

Edited by Jung

The whole build up to The People's Elbow.

Especially in the SmackDown games. You do it once, right elbow pad comes off, second time the left elbow pad follows, do it again and The Rock still does the movements, despite nothing being there.

Mick Foley beating his opponent to the ground in the corner, coming away with "Bang Bang!" then proceeding to knee said opponent in the face.

Eddie Guerrero doing the 'he hit me with a chair/con the ref' spot. His facial expressions were always priceless.

The classic chain wrestling, followed by simultaneous dropkicks spot. A feature of many great matches down the years.

Ref bumps, especially those booked by Vince Russo :xyx

The spot at Backlash 1999 (an awesome event) where Austin and Rock are brawling on the table, Rock gets the upper hand and grabs a camera from the cameraman. From there, he starts filming and giving us the People's Commentary and then turns it back towards Austin... only for The Rattlesnake to be upright and give him the middle finger before giving The Rock (camera and all) the Stunner.

Simply awesome.

Eddie Guerrero hitting a Frog Splash from the roof of one car onto John Cena who was on the hood of another car during a Parking Lot Brawl.

Anytime a bad-ass would no-sell a huge move. Hawk and Taz used to do this brilliantly, especially from a piledriver.

The heel team "no tag" switcheroo, where the fans would go apeshit, but the referee would allow it, even though, earlier in the match, he stopped the faces from swapping (even though there actually was a tag) because he didn't see that.

Sticking with tag-teams, like the above, but when a face team would do it; The Rockers were awesome at doing this spot. The ref is distracted by the non-legal heel, so the faces would switch, only for one of them to clap their hands REALLY LOUDLY. Ref would turn around, see the exchange and allow it, telling the heel that he heard the tag. Eventually the face would go RIGHT BEHIND THE REFEREE AND CLAP REALLY LOUDLY (obviously meaning it can't be coming from the corner) and he would still allow it.

Heel managers holding the feet of the face wrestler after he's attempted to suplex his heel opponent into the ring from the apron (think Rude v Warrior from WMV).

DDP hitting another variant of the Diamond Cutter.

Not so much a spot, but the entire rampage of Sid Justice from the 1992 Royal Rumble until WrestleMania VIII was brilliant.

Mankind's first fall from the Cell.

Terry Funk screaming "MY EYE" during One Night Stand 2006 (in fact, anytime Terry Funk is selling a "big" injury mid-match) and when he came out with the flaming 2x4 and his head swathed in bandages.

The Undertaker's sit-up spot has been great a lot of the time, but my favourite was when he fought Kamala at Summerslam '92. It's just the way he sits up and turns his head that sends chills.

Also, with Undertaker, when he whips someone in, ducks and takes a kick to the chest/chin, only to stand straight and simply stare at his opponent.

- Speaking of refs, I still like the deal they do with Taker where he will lose his temper and lunge at a ref or give him a steely eyed dead man stare or whatever and the ref shits himself and dives out of the ring.

I do love this.

Agreed with whomever said Eddie's cheating antics. Awesome.

Speaking of old school heel spots, one time last year Michelle and Victoria teamed up and Michelle was punching whomever in the corner while Victoria held her to the turnbuckles by her tights. I loved that so much.

To steal a line, "BOOOOOO-YOUCANTSEEME!-OOOOOOOOOO!"

Miz and Morrison's double team move. The one where he slingshots him into his forearm and then he falls onto his knees and then he slingshots into an elbow. Loved how they played off that on Smackdown too.

I like the pin, like, when they block a sunset flip or something and basically sit on their face, not because its kinky, but because it looks really hard to kick out of so it sucks me in.

Money in the Bank spots. Shelton running up the ladder in the first MITB is still like my favourite spot ever. And there are so many more: Shelton's spiderman jump, Booker's step ladder, Kennedy killing Hornswoggle, Jeff killing Edge, Matt running in at MVP, Kofi's jump this year, Morrison's ladder moonsault, etc. and etc. I'm young so the MITBs are like my TLCs.

All of Mickie's insane lesbian spots with Trish - the crotch grab, the boob grab, the kiss, etc.

Loved during Shelton/Mchaels where they did the double kip up. Also, the finish to that match looked alright or something I heard.

This is an awesome thread.

Miz and Morrison's double team move. The one where he slingshots him into his forearm and then he falls onto his knees and then he slingshots into an elbow. Loved how they played off that on Smackdown too.
Watching the Greatest Tag Teams DVD, MNM used to do a version of it, but I can never remember them doing it.
All of Mickie's insane lesbian spots with Trish - the crotch grab, the boob grab, the kiss, etc.
Don't forget the lick between her Vader-sign.
Loved during Shelton/Mchaels where they did the double kip up. Also, the finish to that match looked alright or something I heard.
Similar to this is the WrestleMania XIX match between Jericho and Michaels. Y2J hits a beatiful superkick and then does the HBK pose, only for Shawn to kip-up behind him. The fans went mental.

Another one involving HBK was the match where he teamed with Rey against Miz & Morrison, he hit SCM on Miz, only for Morrison to land his own version straight away. That was great.

Oh, and the first time Umaga ran across the broadcast tables and splashed the third one.

When referees get knocked out. :lol

Jack Evans 630 Splash finisher. I honestly don't know how he does it.

In one of the most ridiculous spots I've ever seen: The match was Sabu & Insane Clown Posse against "Holy" Trent Acid & the Alter Boys, from JCW's Bloodymania 2007. When the match turns to chaos, one of the members of ICP pulls some Marijuana out of his pocket. They called it the "Magic Blunt" and ICP and Sabu then proceeded to light it up and smoke it. This somehow revived them, and they went on to win the match. Sheer lunacy. :lol

Whenever New Jack does a balcony dive.

In Chikara, the Los Icecreams use Sprinkles the same way that Thumbtacks are usually used. It's hilarious.

Christopher Daniels Best Moonsault Ever. Awesome.

Whenever a largely framed wrestler does moves that a cruiserweight usually does. Wrestlers such as Vader, Bam Bam Bigelow, Vic Grimes, Racing Dawg, The Headhunters, Takeshi Morishima (when he does the cartwheel), Yokozuna (he was deceptively quick), Mike Awesome and various others are good examples of this.

I'll most likely think of more later, but that'll do for now. :)

Muscle Siaki. That is all.

Basically, his gimmick is that he's the wrestling version of Rocky, as in the film character, that his life is this big dramatic story. It's stupid. It's supposed to be. Anyway, there's this spot... involving flash backs... I can't even describe how good it is. This will make JayFunk's eyes melt, but what ever, it's awesome. To me, honestly, it's the biggest mark out spot I've ever seen.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XXQaTTBfGM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XXQaTTBfGM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Well, a lot of little spots come to mind. How little they are is questionable, but here are some of them (I will probably add more later):

For whatever reason, I have always liked the pendulum kick that Christian does in the corner. I have seen other wrestlers do it, but Christian was the first one I remember seeing on WWE television doing it. I still enjoy it; I guess it is the uniqueness of it.

I like the little dance that MVP does for the Ballin' Elbow. I like the little dance followed by the "ballin" motion that fans seem to get into. Every time I see it, it takes me back to the People's Elbow and always makes me think how rare it was that The Rock missed the elbow; same with MVP.

It is one of his signature moves, but I am still a fan of Undertaker's Snake Eyes move followed by the big boot. It was a little better when he could move faster, but I still like it. As much as I purely hate Michael Cole, I have always enjoyed his call "rolling dice, snake eyes" when Undertaker does the maneuver.

This is a fairly recent one, but I like the low dropkick that Kane does. It is another unique move, especially for someone Kane's size.

It will probably always be a favorite of mine, but I always like John Morrison's break dance leg drop.

I am not sure if this qualifies as a spot, but I always like when Chris Jericho attempts his Lionsault and the opponent moves, but he still manages to land on his feet. I always thought that was neat.

Another one I have seen a lot of, but still like is CM Punk's combination of spots where he has an opponent in the corner and he does a running clothesline, then he follows it up with a bulldog.

I hope everyone knows what I am talking about here, but I still like Triple H's signature knee drop. He will walk out of the corner kind of methodically and then drop a simple knee drop. The walk is what I like; it reminds me of the character Zangief from Street Fighter and that was his fighting stance, which is kind of fitting since the Zangief character was a wrestler (I actually got his name right from memory). I just wanted to throw this in here about Zangief before I move on. I looked at a picture of him on Wikipedia and when I think about it, he looks like a combination of Shawn Michaels, Mr. T, and Hulk Hogan. Just a thought.

There are two wrestlers who currently do this- Dolph Ziggler & Zack Ryder. Though the delivery is slightly different, I still like the leg lariat they do. You just don't see a lot of leg lariats nowadays.

I like that Natalya uses the Discus Punch as her finisher. That is another move I have not seen a lot of (I think I saw Road Dogg do it once).

Speaking of Road Dogg, one of my favorite moves of his was always the Shake, Rattle, N' Knee Drop. The dance and the delivery were both great.

Again, I am not sure if this qualifies as a spot, but I like the head fake deal that Kofi Kingston does; where he runs at an opponent, but the opponent moves or something and Kofi hits the ropes with his head down and he uses his shoulders to bounce back off of the top rope. I hope someone knows what I mean.

I like spots that make the heels look stupid. Like one of them holds the face and he ducks, so one punches the other. Or bonking their heads together. Or throwing them out/flooring them and posing, unaware that the babyface has kipped up/sat up/skinned the cat behind their back. Or when the face outsmarts the heel during those run/drop-down/tackle sequences. Faces should NEVER lose those as far as I'm concerned.

But yeah. I've complained enough about stupid babyfaces, so its nice to see spots that actually make the heels look stupid.

Jack Evans 630 Splash finisher. I honestly don't know how he does it.

Pah.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKFyaiHlmOw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKFyaiHlmOw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Pah.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKFyaiHlmOw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKFyaiHlmOw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

HOLY CRAP!!!

How in the world isn't this guy more well known? And how in the monkey eating banana squeezing poo-poo bleeding infestations of living hell does he do those moves???

Wow.

Muscle Siaki. That is all.

Basically, his gimmick is that he's the wrestling version of Rocky, as in the film character, that his life is this big dramatic story. It's stupid. It's supposed to be. Anyway, there's this spot... involving flash backs... I can't even describe how good it is. This will make JayFunk's eyes melt, but what ever, it's awesome. To me, honestly, it's the biggest mark out spot I've ever seen.

[YOUTUBE]8XXQaTTBfGM[/YOUTUBE]

It's not just the flashbacks that make it work, it's the slow-motion, the dramatic music, the fact the referee goes along with it and the crowd are into it that all add up to a unique experience.

And it's bloody funny too. Santino should steal it.

My fav spot ever is UK wrestler Martin Kirbys spot where he injures all his body parts. It goes some like.

• Knee Drop, miss, sell knee
  • elbow drop, miss, sell elbow
  • diving head but, miss, sell head

It's the funniest shizzle.

Other than that, I've always liked spots where people learn from their mistakes eg. Whip off ropes, hit with kitchen sink, whip off ropes, attempt kitchen sink, they hit a running school boy roll up.

Specific one: the first minute or so of Edge v Cena at Backlash just recently. They did this whole counter-counter-counter thing (with great pace too), basically selling that they've wrestled so many times that they know all the counters to each others' sh*t and all the counters to all their counters. Really good stuff.

I like it when someone hits someone with something and THIS MATCH IS OVER, except in being hit with something someone falls out of the ring. Whomever that hit it sits there with the most panicked, heart-broken look on their face, and then has to try desperately to pick them up and put them back in for the inevitable kickout. Really cool false finish.