Eminem Incident At The 2009 MTV Movie Awards

TPIB

At last night's 2009 MTV Movie Awards (which aired live), there was a "half-planned" stunt during the show. In the middle of the show, they had some guy named "Bruno" (from the upcoming follow-up to Borat; Bruno was played by Sacha Baron Cohen) fly over the audience in a "revealing" angel's outfit. As part of the stunt, Bruno ran into a piece of equipment above the audience. Bruno then "fell" and landed on Eminem with his "equipment" in the face of Eminem. Eminem was not happy and said "are you [] serious?" and "get this mother[] off of me." Eminem and his crew that were sitting with him walked out of the Awards. The thing was planned up until Eminem's reaction; at least that's what it looked like.

I do not blame Eminem. Some weird guy named "Bruno" has his ass hanging out of a barely there angel's outfit and then they drop Bruno to where Eminem has all of "that" in his face. Bruno should be glad those big dudes with Eminem didn't beat the crap out of that guy.

Here is the video of the incident (viewer discretion is advised):

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KomHwx5OU94&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KomHwx5OU94&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Sorry about the quality, but this is the best I could find.

Edited by TPIB

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KomHwx5OU94&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KomHwx5OU94&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

There's the embedded version, all you do is copy the embed link next to the video and wrap the youtube thing round it.

I don't blame Eminem either to be honest.

Hahahaha, genius. Just genius. I'm not a massive fan of the Bruno character, but sticking your balls in the face of one of the most outspoken homophobes in the industry is a brilliant statement.

Got to love the uncomfortable-with-their-sexuality "pose" going f*cking mental, because something remotely gay had happened remotely near them.

Possible the best single stunt Sasha's ever done.

As good as he is as a performer, it seems enimen has no sense of irony about himself. And that fact that Zak *f'ing* Effron comes out looking cool from the stunt, shames the rapper!

There's the embedded version, all you do is copy the embed link next to the video and wrap the youtube thing round it.

I tried that and it did not work, but it did the second time around. Thanks :xyx

As good as he is as a performer, it seems enimen has no sense of irony about himself. And that fact that Zak *f'ing* Effron comes out looking cool from the stunt, shames the rapper!

Eminem quite notoriously doesn't have a sense of humour when he isn't the one making the joke. He can dish it out, but when the tables are turned, he just looks like a moody little tweenage girl. I've always thought the guy was d*ck though. For me, they couldn't have picked a better target.

I've got absolutely no time for people who can't take as good as they give.

I tried that and it did not work, but it did the second time around. Thanks :xyx

I was mid-way through editing you post (THE POWER!) when you changed and, from the look of it, you forgot to do the [YOUTUBE] thing on each side of the embed link. Basically, when you post the embed code, you need to select the whole code (nothing more, nothing less) and then press the little YouTube icon at the top of the posting box, up there with the "Quote" and "Embed Link" stuff. It's a little red "Y" on a white background I think.

Yeah, basically, you need to do that, or it just comes up as code, which is what happened in your first post.

Edited by John Hancock

Now that I think about it, maybe MTV did it with the intent of getting a reaction like that out of Eminem. My question is- "why Eminem?" Why did they choose him over anyone else in attendance? I would have loved to see that happen to Robert Pattinson (the lead guy from Twilight). There are a lot of celebrities that were in attendance that would have made more sense- Jim Carrey, Will Ferrell, Paris Hilton, Jonah Hill, or Danny McBride would have all been good choices for the stunt.

I also wonder if Eminem would've reacted differently if he knew it was going to happen?

Now that I think about it, maybe MTV did it with the intent of getting a reaction like that out of Eminem. My question is- "why Eminem?" Why did they choose him over anyone else in attendance? I would have loved to see that happen to Robert Pattinson (the lead guy from Twilight). There are a lot of celebrities that were in attendance that would have made more sense- Jim Carrey, Will Ferrell, Paris Hilton, Jonah Hill, or Danny McBride would have all been good choices for the stunt.

I also wonder if Eminem would've reacted differently if he knew it was going to happen?

Because anyone professional would laugh it off. Jim Carrey would probably blow him just to get a bigger reaction. Emenem's a homophobe and a brat, and thus the most likely person to get the desired reaction. Someone going along with the joke wouldn't have been nearly as funny.

Sasha loves the contraversial, the shock value and he showed it in Borat, he did it with his character by invading a fashion show and everyone will see Eminem on the big screen with his face in a gay character;s bollocks.

I think Eminem has proven that he is not a homophobe and besides, that would be an uncomfortable situation for anyone.

Unfortunately, my mom saw the movie Borat before me. The fortunate part is that she told me about the uber gay scene with Borat and that big guy. Now I am not against Sasha for being gay. I do not have a problem with gay people regardless of their celebrity status, but nobody wants to see that kind of stuff in a movie. At least I don't.

The fact that people think it is wrong for a guy to storm out of an awards show because someone dropped a "might as well be naked guy" in that position is ridiculous. It's not a funny prank or a good idea be any means. It was just weird. I do not know how you expect him to react to that. I would be pissed too. Not to mention the fact that they were trying to embarrass him on national television for no real reason, even after he performed on the show.

You know I think Eminem's rap persona is basically a work to wind people up so it wouldn't surprise me if he was in on it, and if he wasn't I don't really blame him for being upset. But then I also sided with the guy that walked out of Never mind the Buzzcocks when they were having digs at his wife too.

At last night's 2009 MTV Movie Awards (which aired live), there was a "half-planned" stunt during the show.

It all seemed fully planned to me.. Do ye reckon the walking out part wasn't planned?

EDIT:

But then I also sided with the guy that walked out of Never mind the Buzzcocks when they were having digs at his wife too.

Haha! Simon Amstell taking the piss out of Preston was hilarious.. That episode was legendary.

Edited by The GS

I think Eminem has proven that he is not a homophobe and besides, that would be an uncomfortable situation for anyone.

Unfortunately, my mom saw the movie Borat before me. The fortunate part is that she told me about the uber gay scene with Borat and that big guy. Now I am not against Sasha for being gay. I do not have a problem with gay people regardless of their celebrity status, but nobody wants to see that kind of stuff in a movie. At least I don't.

The fact that people think it is wrong for a guy to storm out of an awards show because someone dropped a "might as well be naked guy" in that position is ridiculous. It's not a funny prank or a good idea be any means. It was just weird. I do not know how you expect him to react to that. I would be pissed too. Not to mention the fact that they were trying to embarrass him on national television for no real reason, even after he performed on the show.

Bolded for emphasis. I thought the naked fight was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. It was two naked guys fighting and accidently getting into sexually suggestive positions. Uncomfortable with your sexuality much?

And Sasha isn't gay. He's married. To a really hot woman. And has a child.

If you'd be pissed, you're the perfect target too. Honestly, I would have laughed it off, as would anyone comfortable with themselves. Only someone who has something against gay people, or against the idea of themselves being perceived as gay would throw a big hissy fit, take their toys and go home.

And I'd love to see any evidence towards Eminem not being homophobic that doesn't involve him singing with Elton John that one time, after his record label forced him to.

Lies. I thought it was funny.

And Sasha's not gay, he's married to some Aussie girl.

EDIT:

Sorry to burst your bubbles. but here's a blog from the head writer of the MTV Awards stating it was indeed pre-planned.

http://scottaukerman.tumblr.com/

Edited by ScottyB

Bolded for emphasis. I thought the naked fight was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. It was two naked guys fighting and accidently getting into sexually suggestive positions. Uncomfortable with your sexuality much?

And Sasha isn't gay. He's married. To a really hot woman. And has a child.

If you'd be pissed, you're the perfect target too. Honestly, I would have laughed it off, as would anyone comfortable with themselves. Only someone who has something against gay people, or against the idea of themselves being perceived as gay would throw a big hissy fit, take their toys and go home.

And I'd love to see any evidence towards Eminem not being homophobic that doesn't involve him singing with Elton John that one time, after his record label forced him to.

There's a MASSIVE difference between rolling with a joke (traditionally make an ass out of myself) and showing up at an award show and having a guy that's notorious for pulling d*ck moves on drape his nuts on your face. If someone would've told me before hand and I was in Eminem's position? Every can go ahead and get their laugh.

Otherwise, it was a prank where they knew exactly what they were doing.

You don't have to be uncomfortable with your sexuality to not want someone on your face. And if Em was such a raging homophobe, he more than likely would've curb-stomped Elton John instead of having an all-time grammy performance with him.

Not just some Aussie girl!

Isla "freaking" Fisher

That's the one.

At the end of the day, both Sasha and Eminem should be laughing about the amount of publicity this has got. I've seen it being blogged about numerous times, and Twitter seems to be full of tweets about it too.

Sacha Baron Cohen is the guy who played Ali G, Borat and now Bruno. He's an actor from these shores and we're showing some pride in our export :)

And yeah, it was staged. Not surprising - Eminem has a better sense of humour about himself than people think, he's got loads of publicity out of it, and some third thing here.

Edited by DraVen

Eminem has a better sense of humour about himself than people think, he's got loads of publicity out of it.

Yeah, but the publicity Eminem got doesn't exactly make him look good..

Loads of people listen to Eminem because he's apparantely cool. But people will think he's a d***head now after seeing this. That can't be too good for him.