Best Movie death **POTENTIAL SPOILERS**

Anime Otaku

I stole this off The Escapist's forum. Here be spoilers.

What is your favourite movie death and why. It could just be the one that made you point at the screen and shout "Did you see that!? His face got chopped off!" or it could be one that was extremely heroic and/tragic.

My favourites include: Chigusa, Mitsuko and Kitano in Battle Royale were all good very sad deaths despite the last two characters being villains in the movie they were shown in the end in (to me) a sympathetic light.

Also the Lighthouse scene in Battle Royale again is quite sad in the end but the big fight was pretty special and the way the tension was built up was amazing.

My final example from BR is when Kiriyama machine guns the girls who are trying to call people together, the way he uses the megaphone so that people hear the second girl scream when he shoots her is just chiling and this scene is why Kiriyama is one of my favourite horror villains. BR is not a horror but Kiriyama seems to work in a similar way to a slasher monster rather than an action villain.

Other great deaths are Maximus in Gladiator, Leonidas in 300 for their heroism and Marv in Sin City just for sheer badassery (is that a word?).

Ohh, ouch I remember that one Maxx. What about The Twist from Saw 3 (Might have been 2) that was really nasty, for pure "That's gotta hurt" factor, it's probably between that, the sunbeds in Final Destination 3 and the scene in Ichi the Killer when Ichi kills a room full of Yakuza's but you don't actually see it, just the body parts flying out the door, with special mention to the face that slides down the door.

the scene in Ichi the Killer when Ichi kills a room full of Yakuza's but you don't actually see it, just the body parts flying out the door, with special mention to the face that slides down the door.

I was just about to metion this. :D

I can't forget most of the deaths in The Toxic Avenger, such as the kid getting run over and getting his head crushed, the whole fight scene in the resturant, the guy in the gym getting his head squashed and the Mayors death at the end.

Off the top of my head, there was one death in Halloween Resurrection, where Michael picked up that guy by his head with his hands and then crushed his skull, with blood pouring from his eyes, it wasn't overly gory, it was just right for a great death scene.

the scene in Ichi the Killer when Ichi kills a room full of Yakuza's but you don't actually see it, just the body parts flying out the door, with special mention to the face that slides down the door.

That was BRUTAL. I love that movie. Good call Taj!

I always liked Robert Muldoon's death in Jurassic Park.

Moving quietly through the jungle, tracking a Velociraptor, he pauses and painfully slowly eases his gun into position. He smiles, this is too easy he thinks.

He's right. There is a snort to his left, and a second raptor pokes it's snout through the foliage and bares it's razor sharp teeth. "Clever girl" Muldoon mutters, as the raptor lunges at him pins him to the floor and begins to tear him apart.

We all know there's only one.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

We all know there's only one.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

I raise you this:

It's been a litlte bit of an in-joke between myself and Dr. ZERO for a while now, it's so awesome. I even went so far to create a wrestler on Smackdown called "The Garbage Man", with his amazing finisher "GARBAGE DAY!". :lol