TWO Community Newsletter Issue #208 - 22nd Feb: The Revolving Door Spins Again

DC

First of all I am neither petty or pathetic. I have made a comment on what I saw in this edition. If you had a problem with it then sorry but that's not my fault and I really don't want to have a 2 page argument with you about it.

In answer to your question about the community, I personally believe that it is both. It is a community newsletter for and about the community and should have as much input as possible from the members. I see the editors job as delegating duties and having the final say in content. Along with your little blurt of course.

I will think of something to come up with and having guest columnists from time to time is a good thing. I would put my name forward for the TNA spot but it would be stupid as I don't watch the show. I think we know who the natural one for that is.

Don't get me wrong DC, I do appreciate the work that goes into putting a newsletter together, but I also believe that there are people on the forum that would help out if asked. The problem is no-one asks.

I think DC's point is that no one should be waiting to be asked, they should send him a message with their ideas if they think they can improve the overall feel.

It certainly isn't DC's fault that people have been ignored in the past and he is quite blatantly saying "If you feel you can contribute, contribute".

I do feel DC has had the Sh*tty end of the stick as the valentines newsletter was always going to be hard to follow, but I've made my criticisms already.

The only problem with The Probe is Member Spotlight, as it is a Q&A segment and it would be overkill as you say.

However, I will shoot you a PM.

I'll just do one member spotlight in the future if you think that'd fit in better with The Probe. The Probe is much more rad where as the member spotlight is, to be honest, just a way of making members feel a bit more a part of it and I don't think people really read it!

Oh and Saz, the Valentines issue was BOUND to be a hard issue to follow, since I did it :P

I for one loved the section where random quotes were taken from the forum as a whole. Perhaps a thread of the week, taking an more indepth look at one of the funjier threads and picking the best bits out. Plus without being mean the wrestler of the fortnight is about wrestling even if it asks peoples opinions about it so not really about the community as a whole. I just think the newsletter should puiblisize the forum as a whole. Perhaps the forum mods should submit their favorite pieces from their forums?

I will do a Probe, but I want to change it a bit. I think the simple Q&A style is fairly passé and whilst Nimf's suggestion is nice (and probably worth doing regardless of Probe inclusion), the last thing I want is for something boring and arse-licking, and conversely something that will send everyone into fits of rage.

Have to agree with Omega and G2G. I like the Member Spotlight and the quotes you get from threads can be hilarious. I have actually gone and taken a look at threads I would never have bothered with just because of them. The one thing I would condense is the Wrestling Week in Review, it's still way to much text.

Agreed, the wrestling week in review is MAJOR league off putting and too much text, particulary if there's going to be a TNA one too. Maybe the same amount of text but spread between the 2?

I'll make it just one spotlight in future too.

Can we bring the probe back for a bit..?
Work is in progress for that, as well as some other "community" segments.

The one thing I would condense is the Wrestling Week in Review, it's still way to much text.
I agree with this as well. I edited out a lot of what TPIB had put in (as it covered ground already written by him earlier on), and split it into smaller paragraphs (where possible), but I'm going to see what I can do to get it cut down even more.

Perhaps simply a results listing and a small report on major incidents would be the way to go, with only the "Big Four" PPVs going into any real depth.

The WWE Week In Review bores me to tears. In this day and age of instant news, I honestly can't be assed reading stuff I knew days before, and can read on wwe.com immediately after a show has ended.

TPIB's writing style doesn't help either. It's more like a high school essay than a readable newsletter article, and more photos to his article would make it more enjoyable. Like the old saying goes a picture is worth 1,000 words.

Edited by FreeSpirit

I still think it would be good for the mods on the forums to submit their favorite posts across the week, they could simply PM the post URL or thread to DC or whoever and then they pick the 5 funniest ones and prints them in the newsletter. It wold mean that the mods would be promoting their own section a little and hopefully pull in people to the site as a whole.who used to do that for the old newsletter?

Also I agree that the week in review is entirelt too long, I would actually read it if it was basically bullet point of match results and the most important promo's on the TV shows. also the section with all the videos in really annoys me as when it loads the page keeps jumping about. Plain links would be better.

All these comments and suggestions are being taken on board. I should, everything going well, have revamped newsletter for the next edition.

One thing I can say is that "TBQ" is being retired until Inno returns.

I like Saz's bullet point idea for the Week in review bit, some members intrest in Wrestling as a whole may of declined yet may want to still have some sort of idea to what is going on especially in WWE and TNA. TPIB could then link to his blog on W101 for something more in detail.

I like Saz's bullet point idea for the Week in review bit, some members intrest in Wrestling as a whole may of declined yet may want to still have some sort of idea to what is going on especially in WWE and TNA. TPIB could then link to his blog on W101 for something more in detail.

Thats a great idea, Im one who doesnt pay a great amount of interest in the WWE anymore but would like to know whats going on still.

• 2 weeks later...
Why get involved in Member Spotlight? I never knew it to be like that. So I messed up on a few questions, but I did that at 3am in the morning for christ's sake! No need for an editor to criticise one of my favourite parts of the thread and make it look tacky. Just because he doesnt like me. This thread was tedious, and a bit too DC.

Why get involved in Member Spotlight? I never knew it to be like that. So I messed up on a few questions, but I did that at 3am in the morning for christ's sake! No need for an editor to criticise one of my favourite parts of the thread and make it look tacky. Just because he doesnt like me. This thread was tedious, and a bit too DC.

Sorry mate, that's a touch paranoid, yes DC has been questioned on his interferrance with the personal spotlight, but it has been mentioned to him about it not being about him already, in fact, I'm sure I mentioned it to him.

Would it be possible, you've scanned what has been going on and responded to the general gist?

Edited by Saz

Just because he doesnt like me. This thread was tedious, and a bit too DC.
If you were the only person to have been "editorially commented on", then you may have a point. As you weren't, then you have no point. Oh, and as for not liking you; a) I doubt I'd be alone in that (which is cool; some people don't like me either), b) why should you care? Edited by DC