Paul Newman dead at 83.

Naitch

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7639614.stm

The Big C then.

Fair old innings but still a shame. He's a certifiable legend in Hollywood where the phrase is thrown around too often at people undeserving of the status, is one of the greatest film stars in history and in my top 5 all time favourite actors. His legendary charity work and generosity also warrants a mention too.

Edited by Naitch

"He was smiling...That's right. You know, that, that Luke smile of his. He had it on his face right to the very end. Hell, if they didn't know it 'fore, they could tell right then that they weren't a-gonna beat him. That old Luke smile. Old Luke, he was some boy. Cool Hand Luke. Hell, he's a natural-born world-shaker."

R.I.P.

This is one actor who will deserve all the plaudits coming his way, not to mention the charity work he spearheaded (including his food company donating ALL profits to charity - over $200million).

Edited by DC

One of the last remaining old school stars.

Off the top of my head, only Clint left really of the real true stars of that era (maybe Beatty, Redford and Nicholson count but I'd put them more in a group of stars slightly after the likes of Eastwood, Newman and McQueen or maybe I'm just talking rubbish) and the Grim Reaper damn sure better be ready to throw down when he comes gunning for Clint's old ass.

Edited by Naitch