Eddie Guerrero passes away :(

The Indy Legend

See, all this about Eddie's death has got me all worried. I'm worried about all the other wrestlers. Like what if Shawn, Hogan, Flair or someone else..........

Aw, man it would kill me, and I'm barley getting through Eddie's death.

When Eddie died, it made the rest of the wrestlers mortal to me.

I wasn't into wrestling when Owen died, so this is like the first time an active wrestler has died in my time watching it.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was Eddie's co-workers and fans showing respect to him and how they miss him

im sorry if i sound like an ass but i think you gave us a link to the wrong video or something, the only wrestler i saw in that video (apart from the pic of Eddie was Kevin Nash?

Hmmm, that Herd guy.

I'm not bothered about where the story goes in some yank paper and him saying 'i don't care that he died' annoyed me but wrestling is not a sport, it's entertainment, in my opinion but that's a debate for somewhere else.

But Eddie's death is big (sad) news and deserves recognitition.

pinmepayme.

On the home page of Yahoo they have something called 'The Buzz' it lets us good folk know what that world is serching for. On this day Eddie Guerrero is there, here is the statistics.

In an industry dominated by theatrics, nothing seems to stop the show like the death of one of its stars. Searches on Guerrero shot up 16,568%. Other related terms in the Buzz include "wwe news" (+432%), "wwe wrestling" (+363%), "wrestling news" (+315%), "pro wrestling" (+180%), and "wwe" (164%).

You can read the whole thing by going to Yahoo.com

Vickie Guerrero speaks on Eddie's autopsy report

Nov. 15, 2005

After the untimely passing of Eddie Guerrero, WWE and the entire sports-entertainment community is steel reeling from the devastating loss of a champion. The initial autopsy reports on Guerrero have come in. WWE.com spoke with Eddie’s widow, Vickie Guerrero, earlier today.

“It was heart failure. It was from his past – the drinking and the drug abuse. They found signs of heart disease. She (the examiner) said that the blood vessels were very worn and narrow, and that just showed all the abuse from the scheduling of work and his past. And Eddie just worked out like crazy all the time. It made his heart grow bigger and work harder and the vessels were getting smaller, and that’s what caused the heart failure. He went into a deep sleep.

As soon as they saw his heart, they saw the lining of his heart already had the heart disease. There was no trauma, and Eddie hadn’t hurt himself in any way. It answered a lot of questions. I knew Eddie wasn’t feeling very good for the last week. He was home and kept saying he wasn’t feeling good and we thought it was just “road tired.” So we thought he just had to rest. It answered a lot of my questions, too, because he was just so exhausted. She said it was normal because the heart was working so hard.

When he didn’t call me last night and the night before I knew it was for real, because he would call me every night. I miss his phone calls. I cried through the whole thing (last night).

I loved his laugh. His laugh was the best.

We just celebrated his four-year sobriety last Thursday. We just thought we had life by the handful. We thought we had it all figured out. He worked so hard to make a better life for us.

I’m just overwhelmed by how people are coming out. It’s touched my heart a lot.

Everybody was just in awe last night in how beautifully everything was put together.

All my life was wrestling. All he did was take care of them and live for that. And I don’t know what to do now.”

Credit: WWE.com

I've just read this over at WWE.com. As assumed Eddie's tragic death was Heart Failure. I am just speechless really, I am glad that we can all rest now knowing the result of Eddie's death. I don't have much else to say, i'm just really sad that he's gone and I will never see him again.

After al the wrestlers that have died thorugh heart failure, due to the mix of drugs and workload, isn't it about time they bought in some kind of screening. Maybe Eddies heart disease would have been spotted early enough.

harsh thing is though... Heart disease is hard to spot in wrestlers unlesss they are tested.. because one of the main symptoms is exhaustion.. and wrestlers are on the road lots and working alot so they are naturally exhausted..

WWE needs to bring frequent heart tests.. it's the only way.. or at least send each wrestler for a monthly checkup

One thing leapt out at me reading that:

And Eddie just worked out like crazy all the time. It made his heart grow bigger and work harder and the vessels were getting smaller, and that’s what caused the heart failure. He went into a deep sleep.

Working out doesn't make your heart grow bigger, muscle enlarging supplements do.

Anyone looking at Eddie in WCW and comparing it to him in WWE couldn't help but notice how bigger he was. Guess we know why now.

Just rewatched raw again and it won't sink in that hes gone. So weird how someone can be there one minute so full of life and seemingly happy and the next minute gone just like that. The real sad thing is it was so unexpected and the poor guy won't get to see his 3 young daughters grow up what a friggin bummer.

eddie :worship