Vince McMahon's Alleged Cocaine Habit

Black Knight

The recently released Ring of Hell: The Story of Chris Benoit and the Fall of the Pro Wrestling Industry book alleges that Vince McMahon has something of a "love affair" for cocaine that may or may not have ever subsided. Here is what was written in the book:

According to numerous sources, McMahon had a great love affair with cocaine that may or may not have ever subsided; "he liked to brag with apparent justification that 'I can snort as much of that stuff as anyone can put in front of me and never get hooked."

One WWE employee of recent years told me, "The boys and former office staff use euphemisms when they talk about Vince's 'energy.' You'll hear it in things like, 'I don't know where he gets all the energy..... He doesn't ever seem to sleep!' The inside joke about it is that sixty-something Vince most likely isn't that energetic over multi-day sleepness stretches without help. I've seen him so wired that his eyes looked like they were going to pop."

Im shocked! I never knew vince used coke however I did know he used steriods ever once in a while/

I'm not surprised by anything I hear about the WWE these days and especially Vince. I don't think he got where he is be being an angel. But in saying that these books that come out have a lot of sensationalism in them because that's what sells. The authors always gloss over the good work that the McMahon's have done with charities especially Make a Wish and the way that the WWE goes out and performs for the US troops in war zones. Stuff like that doesn't sell therefore is hardly ever mentioned. I think it's a human trait that we always enjoy seeing the negative side of people while ignoring the positive.
  • Like 1

Its a well known fact that Vince and Hogan were big time coke buddies, Vince addmitted he 'was' a coke head on a news show a couple years ago, I've no doubt he still is. That quote about him telling people he can snort as much as they can put in front of him is old too, he used to say it to the boys in the back in the 80's and said it to Razor and Diesel too I think. No big surprise.

Wrestling is chock full of junkies.

Yeah like has been said Vince is well known for his coke habit in the past (and like Belty suggested probably the present too)

Nothing should really suprise you in regards to what people say about Vince, I love Austin talking about him in his book, how he used to (don't know if he still does) sneeze and curse a blue streak because he is unable to control that he sneezed etc

VINCE MCMAHON POWER NAP~!

'Sick? There is no sick.'

You hear a lot of stories about Vince's general looniness all the time (Christ, he's come out with some of them himself. Two words: crushed leaves), it was JJ Dillon who told the ones about Vince's power naps and telling some booker who wanted a day off because his kids were sick or something that 'there is no sick.'

Plus, he was a wrestling promoter in the 1980s for crying out loud. Mother Teresa was snorting that nose candy in the 1980s.

To be fair, everyone and his brother was a coke head in the 80's. I doubt most people can appreciate just how common it was, especially in Hollywood and the North East in the USA. Big money meant big lines. People snorted that shite until they had to have their entire noses rebuilt. It was the drug of choice for the whole decadent 80's wealthy set.