Stock Rising/Stock Falling

Naitch

Basically of the wrestlers around right now involved in the crazy concept known as the wrasslin', whose stock is rising for you and whose is falling?

In the case of stock rising, it might be someone you've never ever liked before but who is getting better all the time and is rising to the top of your ladder of enjoyment or it might be someone you've always liked but who has taken it to an even higher gear lately. In the case of stock falling, it might be someone you've always liked but in the past X amount of months, his/her/it's stock has dropped considerably and there is just something missing there when it comes to that person. Or it might be someone you've always disliked who has fallen even more to the bottom of the ladder. Explain your choices too rather than it just being a listeroonie thread.

Yeah...

Well, you get the point of the thread anyway. At least I hope someone gets the point because I damn sure don't.

Stock Rising

Miz/Morrison

Always liked THA MIZ in general but he's improved even more lately into what is one of the most natural heels in wrestling right now. The guy has a demeanour that makes you want to throw cups of piss at him and slash his tires and stuff and I mean that in the nicest possible way. I'm not the biggest fan of Morrison in the world but I love his team with Miz. I hear a lot about them (particularly Miz) being brilliant in house shows at riling up the crowd and doing some of the more interactive stuff with the people that they don't get to do on TV. Just with their Dirt Sheet stuff alone that they should really have made a regular feature on TV, they could potentially be something a lot bigger than what they are. I still think WWE hasn't even begun to tap into their potential as a 2008 version of Edge and Christian or The Hollywood Blondes or something. Just a really good upper midcard team.

Batista

I don't think I've ever liked him as much. Has really never been as bad as people make out anyway but has been real good for at least the last 18 months (save for one or two off days), had the best TV match on Raw and then the best TV match on Smackdown last week and he more than carried his own in both. Also channelled Bruce Lee when beating up the VIP Lounge and his stock rises just for that alone.

Chris Jericho

He's just really been on a roll for about the last 6 months or so after the initial settling back in period. Been having consistently good matches and his promos have moved away from Highlight of the Night/assclown/sexy beast/all those other lame 2003 catchphrases to a more solid, serious style (I liked him riling up both Michaels and Batista for instance. Although the stuff with Vince on Raw this week was an unfortunate return to some of the crappy comedy of the old days. I still have no clue what exactly was going on in that particular segment) and he's just having one of the better periods of his career.

Mr. Kennedy

Just with the babyface turn, the KENNEDY part at the start of his new music (which is much better than his previous theme and has already gotten over too) and being a cocky pr*ck to Regal and whatnot. He makes people sit up and take notice when he enters an arena whereas people like Haas or Benjamin make people find the nearest concession stand.

William Regal

I know, I know, apart from that whole thing that happened. I'm going back to where he won the King of the Ring and the few weeks following with them getting the Regal Stretch over in one night, his slightly suppressed insanity and his brilliant demented facial expressions and whatnot. He could have potentially been a real big player on Raw for the next few months as a heel. But then...well, you know the rest.

Mickie James

Just by virtue of the fact that I've liked her since she debuted but then she was stuck in a rut, sitting around with her finger up her ass (cough), doing nothing for ages while they pushed Candice Michelle or whoever and then they decided they remembered who she was and she won the title which they put over big and whatnot. I'm also kinda interested in seeing where the Cena stuff goes (if anywhere). The Katie Lea and JBL segments in the last couple of weeks made her even more likeable in the eyes of the fans.

Big Show

Again, I did always like him (but...but, HOW CAN I?! I mean, he's...he's big and he's...fat and he doesn't go to the top rope or do Headdrop Suplexes), liked him as ECW Champ during his last run where he was bumping around like Spike Dudley and working real hard but by the end he damn sure needed that time off and he's come back having shed a lot of weight and I don't think I've ever liked him as much. Loved the initial return with Mysterio/Mayweather where he showed a ton of charisma, have liked him on the mic (I particularly liked him being all 'you want to pick on someone, come pick on me, mother****er' when Henry was bullying Nunzio) and he's just looked real good.

Nattie Neidhart

One of the better females on TV at the minute and I dig the little heel team of her and Victoria. They made Cherry even more likeable (not Michelle though, absolutely NOTHING could make her likeable) and she's just been solid since her debut.

Booker T

Heel turn out of nowhere for no particular reason whatsoever but it has worked for him. He was kinda going nowhere feuding for months and months and months with the shitty Robert Roode but a heel turn has seemingly lit a fire under his ass in the last couple weeks and I even like Team 3D (and I couldn't bloody stand them two) as his lackies. I wouldn't mind him at all as their top heel (moreso than Kurt Angle anyway who is nearly as overbearingly irritating as Triple H was in 2003. Nearly) and he seems to be heading towards being King Booker again. Those who know me and my love of that particular character will know that it was like chicken soup for my soul.

Awesome Kong

...ish. Has not really gone anywhere post Gail Kim feud and the addition of a valet doing a really bad Middle Eastern Europe was really stupid and I would have said if anything her stock had dropped but just recently her stock has risen back up because I like the $25,000 challenge thing (I usually like them kinda heel challenge things anyway. Pretty simple concept but they can result in some good stuff) and I liked her beating the piss out of the girl last week. If they keep it going for a couple months at least (I know, I know, Russo and his ADD and all that) and it turns out the way most think it'll turn out with Cheerleader Melissa without the hood on winning then it'd be a nice finish to it.

Stock Falling

Finlay

Is still probably my favourite wrestler in aaaallllll of wrestling but I'm just not sure if I like him as a 21st century Doink to Hornswoggle's Dink. I understand why they're using him as that because Hornswoggle is over with live crowds, sells merchandise and the kids love him (and Smackdown is a more kid orientated show) and I know he does still cheat and whatnot but give me vicious heel Finlay trapping Matt Hardy in the ring apron and beating the piss out of him like Matt said Ireland ain't sh*t on his pansy ass blog over Finlay dancing with a leprechaun.

Umaga

Again, possibly stuck in a rut. Mania against Batista was just a real 'we have nothing for you so we'll stick you in this random match'. Would really hope for a move to Smackdown where they can build him back up again and make him a credible challenger to Taker. Assuming Matt, Finlay and Mysterio stay there too, there could be some real good matches to come out of it.

London/Kendrick

Pretty much the best team in wrestling during their tag reign on Smackdown, moved to Raw and then did sweet FA. Should be moved back to Smackdown and they can do something with Miz and Morrison.

Paul Birchall

Was always the shits, has been even moreso recently. Is just horrendously bland, pretty darn bad in ring, has a square jawed 'sister' who is being pushed over him and has the most crowd deflating matches on the card every week.

Michelle McCool

I...just...cannot...like...her. Seriously, they could have her save a bus full of blind, deaf orphans from going over the edge of a cliff and she'd still be just incredibly irritating. I literally cannot explain it, she just comes across as really, really dislikeable and I have no idea why. There is just something about her and others have seemingly noticed it too.

MVP

Still love him, will always love him even if he bitchslapped my grandmother and killed my dog (I don't have a dog but you get the point) but, again, hasn't moved upwards recently. Having lost the US Title, he should have climbed up the ladder (and left Matt Hardy down at the bottom knowing that he was clearly better and he deliberately lost the US Title because he has bigger fish to fry) rather than back down it. I'm assuming they're jobbing him out on Smackdown because he seems like the type they'd move to Raw. But this is stupid, it's the same promotion, it isn't like he's moving to another territory on the other side of the country. But yeah, stock has fallen a little but I still expect it to rise significantly by the end of the year. Assuming Michael Hayes doesn't close said stock. Cough.

Colin Delaney

Should have made him ECW Champion. Didn't. Has gone absolutely nowhere for months and months and months in an endless, pointless feud with Armando. Have to make him either Spike Dudley beating the giants or Mikey Whipwreck getting his ass kicked and somehow still winning soon rather than just losing to Mike Knox. Every. Single. Friggin. Week. They're just not giving people a reason to care about him or his plight.

James Storm

Should be one of their top heels. Isn't. Pretty much that simple. I like him and I like Jackie as his valet but they just don't seem to want to push him beyond the mid-upper midcard level. Should have risen up the ranks after the Harris feud, instead was feuding with Eric freakin' Young and is a jobber to the stars.

Jesus, that was longer than 'War and Peace'.

But there you go, you should get the point by now.

Edited by Naitch

To me, James Storm is such a natural main eventer it's ridiculous. He could work as either heel or face, only difference being who he attacks. He has the gimmick, the demeanor, the manager, the theme music, and even the finisher. Seeing him job is a disappointment.

As for stock falling? Gotta go with Elijah Burke. He was the best thing out in ECW when he lead the New Breed, but is falling into midcard obscuirty, now even playing second to Mr. Midcard Obscurity Shelton Benjamin. It's not a good look.

Stock Rising

Mr. Kennedy - Face turn and brief feud with William Regal has turned him into a fan favourite and his strength in comedic promos is better utilised as a face.

I think that when Triple H turns heel (and he will) that Mr. Kennedy will be one of the first in line for a WWE title feud.

LAX - For my money the best tag team in North America is Homicide and Hernandez and it's taken a while but they have finally grown on me as babyfaces (I was worried when Konnan left and even more so when they turned babyface because I felt they'd lose their edge).

The addition of Hector Guerrero as their mentor is a nice touch and strengthens their babyface popularity but despite her looks I don't think Salinas is needed as their valet.

Booker T and Team 3D - My favourite new heel stable in wrestling because the potential is awesome for them,I can see them becoming the new NWO/Outsiders where they are associated as 'WWE guys' and make it a mission to take over TNA one belt at a time and countless bodies left in their wake.

Stock Falling

Kofi Kingston - He was a breath of fresh air in the WWE,a guy who is happy all the time and has an infectious energy about him that makes the fans feel good too (or is it just me?). I really liked his undefeated streak but it seems that he's gone downhill lately and perhaps management are not sure whether to push him to the United States title or not?

MVP - Ever since dropping the U.S title to Matt Hardy it seems MVP's patience is being tested by jobbing time and time again to talent he should be going over every time. This guy could be this generation's version of The Rock and WWE have gotta push him to the moon soon or it'll be too late.

Kofi Kingston - He was a breath of fresh air in the WWE,a guy who is happy all the time and has an infectious energy about him that makes the fans feel good too (or is it just me?). I really liked his undefeated streak but it seems that he's gone downhill lately and perhaps management are not sure whether to push him to the United States title or not?

Eh? Give him some time, man, he's what, two weeks into his first fued?

Rising Stock

Kofi Kingston - the guy is a breathe of fresh air, exciting to watch and given the right push could go far

Matt Hardy - since becoming US Champ he has a new spring in his walk and his matches never fail to entertain

Cherry - hated her in the valet role on skates, but turns out she is a pretty decent wrestler

William Regal - shame about his suspension I was waiting to see where the Kennedy thing was going to go. I think he'll come back bigger and better than ever

Vicki Guerrero - gets more heat than anyone else on Smackdown right now, perfect heel character and can't wait till she really turns on Edge

Batista - didn't know what was going to happen with him a few months ago. He just kept going from PPV to PPV always in the same role. Loser. Love his sense of humour and no-one wears a suit better than he does.

Falling Stock

Hornswoggle - I know the kids love him but the Vince's son storyline has run it's course now he's back to living under the ring, better off without him

Chuck Palumbo - same thing every week, Chuck rides out on motorcycle, Chuck gets mad and starts yelling "I'm the Man" bores me to death

Elijah Burke and Shelton Benjamin - both are great athletics but both are wasted, would be great competitors for Matt Hardy just don't see it happening, their stuck in the world of forgotten wrestlers ECW

Kane - I know he's ECW champ but since he won at Mania I haven't seem him on TV more than 3 times

Yay for...

Mr. Kennedy - a heel who has turned face and yet kept everything popular about his heel run? Get out of town. But it's happened and the guy is on a roll right now. I've always predicted big things for KK and I'm rarely wrong on these things, so long live the KK push.

Chuck Palumbo - For the first time in his career, he looked like a bona fide upper-midcard threat this week. Usually he's just a big guy with a bike and a cool punch. Now he's a big guy who kicks the crap out of bad-asses and fan favourites like Finlay because of his silly leprechaun. Wanna play games? Let's play "take my fist to your motherf**king face". Could be a legit challenge to Matt Hardy.

Cherry - A genuinely likeable, innocent and ass-kicking-when-necessary girl. Completely came out of the blue but could end up on the level of Mickie James given a year or two of grooming.

The Miz - One of the most entertaining and naturally charismatic heels on the American scene, but continually gets shunted in favour of everyone's gay love for the inferior John Morrison. I imagine that Morrison will end up becoming the biggest star of the two, but it certainly isn't through deserving it.

LAX - TNA finally seem to realise than LAX never stopped being entertaining. Good. I'm not the biggest Homicide fan, but the duo is great.

Nay for...

Samoa Joe - Does anyone care that he's TNA champion? Me neither.

JBL - He might be a natural upper-midcarder, but his character is past its sell-by date in the ring and his limited wrestling ability has diminished even more. Not to mention, he set the new standards for colour commentary that no one currently reaches, so anything other than sitting next to Cole every Friday is a disappointment.

Rising

Vickie Guerrero - I hated her. I really hated her, that special kind of hate that I've only had, at various times, for Christy Hemme, Torrie Wilson, Tatanka and Chavo Guerrero. She was terrible when they started putting her on TV in 2006. And she remained terrible. But somehow, in the last few months, she's come out of nowhere to become the best heel in the company. She is the biggest heel in the company. And its awesome. I've never seen such heat, and she is so much more interesting than Edge its ridiculous.

Beth Phoenix - Ignoring the false-start from the previous year, she came in as the Glamazon in mid-2007 and it was awesome. And then she won the belt from Candice, and went on to a six month reign of...averageness. She really wasnt all that great, sure she looked tough but she made Animal circa 2005 look athletic. She was way too awkward to have good matches. And then she lost the title to Mickie, and suddenly BAM, she's awesome again. She's actually looking dangerous again now. Murderising Melina backstage was amazingly brutal, as was her backbreaker spot at Judgment Day.

Falling

John Cena - Strange choice for me, I guess. You all know I love the guy. But he's not really been that interesting since he returned. Some bits, like most of the pre-WM stuff, was good. And his matches at NWO, WM and Backlash were all good. But since Backlash he's been stuck in this feud with JBL, which is not very interesting, and their match wasnt great. I suppose it doesnt help that he's not on TV as much as usual. And when he is and he talks, its more of the same neutered, 'company lines' guff they should have parked ages ago. It just feels like he's stuck in a rut, when he could be doing so much more.

Michelle McCool - Again, a strange one considering my love for her. I pretty much have always liked her a lot, and in late 2007/early 2008, she was great. And then they started to make her the new Torrie Wilson and pushed her too hard. She hasnt actually done much of substance since the whole Cherry thing has been happening, and my love for Cherry has overtaken my love for Michelle, despite a new HEEL HOOK OF SUBMISSION DOOM, and an impending feud with Natalya to look forward to.

Both

Maryse - Seriously, I dont know what it is. She did those stupid vignettes; I hated her. She came on TV, and soon after did a hilariously bad heel promo; I loved her. She went back to being an annoying blonde bimbo; I hated her. She had her first match and didnt screw it up; I loved her. She had her second match and DID screw it up; I hated her. This week she PWNED Cherry backstage and had a decent match with Michelle; I loved her. Odds are I'll hate her again next week. Strange one.

Edited by Jimmy Redman

Stock Rising

Randy Orton - He's the best around at the moment on Raw, and if it weren't for Edge he'd be the best around period. He has the whole package and he is the uber heel of today. Wasn't a huge fan around a year ago, but he just seems to get better and better each week.

Edge - Edge is great, usually these days Undertaker feuds bore the hell out of me, but Edge has been fantastic in this feud and i'm really hoping he wins tonight because he is the best in the company and the belt should be solidly around his waist for the foreseeable future.

Vicky Guerrero - How she went from terrible on the mic the great in a matter of weeks is beyond me. She's been great for Edge and for Smackdown that past few months, and boy can she get heat. At first it was WWE doing her a favor by giving her a job, but now she's doing them a huge favor by being the best GM any brand has ever had.

Ken Kennedy - He's finally found is stride again, from floating around doing nothing for the best part of a year, as a face he seems to have reignited his passion and has delivered since his return and his stock is shooting waaaaay up.

John Cena - I don't care what anyone says, Cena is still the most important part in this company. The fans are still loving booing and cheering him and until he starts to get no reaction, his stock in going to continue to rise becuase one way or the other he makes the arenas come alive, and that is what it's all about.

MVP - He's not had a lot to do, but what he has done has been entertaining and i'd really like him to get a top feud so he can really show case how good he is.

Stock Falling

Matt Hardy - I'm a huge Matt Hardy fan but he's done nothing to interest me since his return. His match with MVP to end their feud was average at best. He needs to be put in a feud so people will get intersted because at the moment the US title is doing nothing for his career, and his return seems to have fizzled out.

Chcuk Palumbo - Seriously this guy should be fired and the sooner the better. He's one of the worst big men WWE have and his facial expressions are still laughable. Why he's getting a push i've no idea, he seems to get worse and worse every week. I really don't care a bout a crap big biker dude.

JBL - I was hugely excited about his return, but then it all came back to me. JBL is still terrible in the ring just like he aways was. He's in feuds he just shouldn't be in, and getting put over people for no good reason. JBL should stick to what he does best and that's Mic work, because he really really can't wrestle. Gimmick matches he does fine though, so tonights match should be good.

CM Punk - Mr MITB seems to be jobbing to just about anyone these days. They need to take MITB off him if they're gonna continue to treat him like this. His performance in the ring is still bad, i think i even saw him knee someone in the armpit with his finisher last week. Terrible!

Batista - I was quite the fan last year after his feuds with the Undertaker and passble match with Khali and Kane. However he's been dull and crap this year, his match with Umaga at mania was forgettable and he still can't even do his own finisher probably on the lightest guys around. GO away Batista, go away.

Chris Jericho - Honestly his stock is all over the place, he seems so incosistant at the moment. But the facts are these, he has 3 finisher, all rubbish, the newer they are the worse they get. He's a tweener and they need to decide heel or face as tweeners just dont cut it! His matches since he returned have been pretty poor with the occassional goodie thrown in and once again the IC belt is doing nothing

Falling

John Cena - Strange choice for me, I guess. You all know I love the guy. But he's not really been that interesting since he returned. Some bits, like most of the pre-WM stuff, was good. And his matches at NWO, WM and Backlash were all good. But since Backlash he's been stuck in this feud with JBL, which is not very interesting, and their match wasnt great. I suppose it doesnt help that he's not on TV as much as usual. And when he is and he talks, its more of the same neutered, 'company lines' guff they should have parked ages ago. It just feels like he's stuck in a rut, when he could be doing so much more.

/QUOTE]

I Know what you mean. I love Cena but lately he hasn't been the same, I have noticed a pattern forming lately. Everytime someone gets into a feud with JBL their stock goes down Jericho, Cena etc.

I think the problem may be JBL. Mitchell is right in saying that he is for want of a better word rusty. Since 50 percent of the match depends on the partner it is hard to look good when your opponent is horrible.

I Know what you mean. I love Cena but lately he hasn't been the same, I have noticed a pattern forming lately. Everytime someone gets into a feud with JBL their stock goes down Jericho, Cena etc.

I think the problem may be JBL. Mitchell is right in saying that he is for want of a better word rusty. Since 50 percent of the match depends on the partner it is hard to look good when your opponent is horrible.

to be honest though, whilst a feud with JBL helps no-one, Cena and HHH have fallen lately becuase they are offering nothing fresh, new or exciting, IMO the reason Orton has risen so far in the past year is because he has brought something fresh to the table with his evil SOB look, HHH and Cena have been doing the same tired routine for years on end now and it gets dull, same goes for JBL now as well

[Samoa Joe - Does anyone care that he's TNA champion? Me neither.

I'd put the belt on Booker T at the PPV, I really would. I like(d? I'm not sure) Joe but they missed the boat with him 18 or so months ago when he really was the Daddy over there and it just seems now he's better as the hunter rather than the hunted. Booker with the belt surrounding by heavies and whatnot could be decent.

After One Night Stand, Big Show's stock has risen even further for me. Man rules the world. Batista's stock also continues to rise but then murderising Shawn Michaels will tend to do that.

Samoa Joe - Does anyone care that he's TNA champion? Me neither.

Not in the slightest. But it had to be done, as people were crying out for it to happen, but Joe as a face champion just isn't a draw, people like to see him chase the title, not keep it. The belt should be put back on Angle as soon as possible.

Joe could be intersting as a face champion, but he'd need some kind of well written storyline to make it work, and you're just not gonna find that in TNA.