Avram Grant sacked

Naitch

I thought they were moving him back upstairs to make way for probably Mancini (or Hiddink?) but it seems he's gone gone altogether. If Mancini doesn't get them playing like the Harlem Globetrotters or something and doesn't win absolutely eeeevvvveeerrrryything next season, he'll be gone too. They do, after all, have the aim of being the number one football club in world football by 2013. Oh, Petey Kenyon, how we do love thee.

Crap, forgot about Rijkaard and I heard something about the Inter chairman saying Mancini is staying put anyway so, yeah, it'll probably be Rijkaard.

Jose returning would literally cause Chelsea fans to spontaneously orgasm; they never forgave Grant for not being Mourinho. See, Grant should have bought himself an expensive coat. That was the ticket.

• Like 1

Surely if winning nothing is the factors surrounding sacking a manager, you'd sack Arsene Wenger for not doing a whole lot this year?

This is ridiculous. Chelsea will just become farsical if they just sack managers like this.

No shock I suppose everyone could see it comming,but that's Chelsea for you.Still though I would have liked to have seen what Grant would have done next season with a few different players and a few of his own signings but we shall never know now. Edited by King
  • Like 1

That's a shame really. I hope he finds another club to manage soon, because he's turned out to be a really good manager.

I had a feeling something like this would happen though as Abramovich has a ruthless streak, and is a man who doesn't like failure whatsoever. Still think he deserved at least another season though for all his efforts.

Chelsa have got the Real Madrid mentality now after being spoiled by Jose with titles,

Like Real they now believe its their inherant right to win titles EVERY season and if they dont, for whatever reason, then they have to sack the manager

Rijkaard is apparently fave for the position but Jose is an outside bet if he doesn't go to Inter since he and Roman are now talking again its been reported

Surely if winning nothing is the factors surrounding sacking a manager, you'd sack Arsene Wenger for not doing a whole lot this year?

This is ridiculous. Chelsea will just become farsical if they just sack managers like this.

How are they not already?

Ranieri didn't deserve the treatment, neither did Mourinho.

Chelsea (like already said) will become the Real Madrid of the Premiership were they sack their managers probably even if they do win trophies.

I mean I just don't get it, the team that beat Roman's team in the final have had their manager intact for over 20 years; doesn't he catch on?

I mean people speak about Rafa at Liverpool and I can guarentee Liverpool will continue to get better (albeit maybe not as quick as people predict) aslong as they stick the Spanish Wizard.

I don't like Chelsea but I do feel sorry for Avram Grant being sacked because he had a very impressive win-loss record during his 8 months at the helm (only 2 league defeats) but the problem is he never had the opportunity to build his own team,he inherited Jose Mourinho's dream team and because he was not as animated as the special one a lot of fans took an instant disliking to him and his methods.

I hope Avram Grant gets another shot at managing a premiership team because he has proven that he can bring out the best in his players (who realistically expected a post-Mourinho Chelsea to finish runners-up in the league,europe and a cup final?) and knows our game very well having spent some time working at Portsmouth as well.

Sounds like an awfully long shot but Milan Mandaric's ambition and Grant's availability might make him a great candidate for the Leicester City managerial vacancy because at least there Grant would be given time to carve a team in his vision and put together a multi-year plan for their future.

If Inter can get Mourinho then Mancini will be out the door quicker than you can say the special one so there is a possibility of him going Chelsea but tbh with Inter's recent showings in the CL considering the strength of their squad I just don't think he is up to managing the top sides. He should go Sampdoria or Lazio if he leaves Inter.

A big shame but inevitable.

And like many have said, it will continue unless whoever they bring in wins the league, FA Cup and CL and play the most stunning football ever seen in the Prem.

Thing with Grant is he never had a chance. If he won anything it was because it was Jose's team and a team of that quality should win. If he didn't win anything it's cause he's crap.

Lest we forget that last season Mourinho brought in more players than Grant ever did, finished further behind Man Utd and went out of the CL in the semi's. Sure he won the Carling Cup, but its not like winning that would have saved Grant's job.

They just have ridiculously high standards. And I don't think however well they do, they'll ever meet them. Good luck to whoever takes over, they are gonna need it.

Like people have said, they're going down the Real Madrid route of sacking every coach they have in search of the perfect manager. He doesnt exist. And when they actually had a great one (Mourinho) they let him go too. Its utter madness.

I think Mourinho's an excellent manager but he's not the be all and end all. The likes of Rijkaard and Mancini would probably achieve what he did. I mean it seemed everyone slagged off Grant for being crap yet he was 1 game and 1 kick away from winning more the Premiership and CL, and Mourinho never did that.

With the squad and money Chelsea have, they will always do well. Mourinho gave them the taste for titles and success, but considering how they've done this season, it shows once they got it, its not as if they needed him to do well.

I think Mourinho's an excellent manager but he's not the be all and end all. The likes of Rijkaard and Mancini would probably achieve what he did. I mean it seemed everyone slagged off Grant for being crap yet he was 1 game and 1 kick away from winning more the Premiership and CL, and Mourinho never did that.

With the squad and money Chelsea have, they will always do well. Mourinho gave them the taste for titles and success, but considering how they've done this season, it shows once they got it, its not as if they needed him to do well.

Exactly. They booted Mourinho because he had a tiff with Roman, they booted Grant, Roman's buddy, because he's not Mourinho, even though he got closer to glory than Mourinho did.

Its never going to make any sense, they've put themselves into the Real "we should be winning every title" position in a couple of years, which is just an impossibly high standard to build a team around.

Exactly. They booted Mourinho because he had a tiff with Roman, they booted Grant, Roman's buddy, because he's not Mourinho, even though he got closer to glory than Mourinho did.

Its never going to make any sense, they've put themselves into the Real "we should be winning every title" position in a couple of years, which is just an impossibly high standard to build a team around.

Absolutely spot on. And chances are the next person will get sacked because he's too outspoken or something. Its just a vicious circle.