WCW 1992, The Final - Big Van Vader vs. Ricky Steamboat

Naitch

Who was better?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who was better?

• Big Van Vader
    • Ricky Steamboat

I was thinking Rude/Vader should have been the final and could have been had I pulled a dictatorship swerve and rigged the votes because it would have been difficult for me to choose between the two and I do think they were both pretty much WCW's two top guys that year. As it is, it's high fiving, baby kissing, wholesome Ricky Steamboat vs. the man who feels no pain, fears no man and has a higher kill count than heart disease (unfortunately something he probably knows all about considering the shape he's in these days), Big Van F'n Vader.

There can be only one and there really was only ever going to be one winner for me here and it ain't the guy who brought his son to the ring dressed in a cutsy pie dragon outfit only to be told by the Naitcha Boy to go help his missus with the dishes.

It's Vader. Nothing against Steamboat because he was consistently good right up to his retirement but Vader be Vader.

Edited by Naitch

Ricky Steamboat, for no other reason than he is one of my all time favourite wrestler's, his work rate and levels of consistency were immense.

Has anyone ever seen a bad Steamboat match?

Edited by Dan

1992 was arguably Vader's greatest year. As much as I like Steamboat, this was Vader's time (no pun intended, ok maybe a little one) and this kicked off his dominance in WCW. If only WWE had used him right, he could have gone onto even greater things than before.

But yeah my winner, simply because he looked like he wanted to kick your a$$ even though you were sitting at home, is Vader. Best big man of all time IMO.

Well, it's time, it's time, it's Vader Time. Vader wins this, as if there was every any doubt because with a face like this:

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/5193/03ft6.jpg

I damn sure wasn't going to vote for anyone else. I don't want that crazy son of a bitch haunting me in my sleep.