WWE No Way Out Discussion Thread- February 17, 2008 from Las Vegas, NV

TPIB

WWE No Way Out 2008 will come to you, live in HD, on February 17, 2008 from the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas, NV.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e317/wwecsh88/ANoWayOut2008Poster.jpg

"Fake It" by Seether (off of their album- "Finding Beauty In Negative Spaces") is the official theme song of WWE No Way Out.

Confirmed Matches/Events

WWE Championship:

Randy Orton © Vs. John Cena

World Heavyweight Championship: Royal Rumble Rematch:

Edge © Vs. Rey Mysterio

ECW Championship:

Chavo Guerrero © Vs. CM Punk

#1 Contender's Elimination Chamber Match:

Triple H Vs. JBL Vs. Jeff Hardy Vs. Chris Jericho Vs. Umaga Vs. Shawn Michaels

#1 Contender's Elimination Chamber Match:

Batista Vs. The Great Khali Vs. Finlay Vs. MVP Vs. Big Daddy V Vs. The Undertaker

Win Or Retire #7:

Ric Flair Vs. Mr. Kennedy

Edited by TPIB

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one who thinks the Elimination Chamber result should determine the other #1 contender (probably for the WHC) at WM?

I think that was always the plan. If

Cena

goes for the WWEC, I'd like it to be Mysterio, Batista, Undertaker, Kane, Finley and CM Punk. If

Cena

goes for the WHC, I'd like it to be HHH, Hardy, Jericho, Micheals, Kennedy and JBL.

I think that was always the plan. If

Cena

goes for the WWEC, I'd like it to be Mysterio, Batista, Undertaker, Kane, Finley and CM Punk. If

Cena

goes for the WHC, I'd like it to be HHH, Hardy, Jericho, Micheals, Kennedy and JBL.

I'd imagine

Cena

will go for the WWE title - so I'd guess the Smackdown boys are in the chamber. However the promo poster clearly shows Jeff in the Chamber which would suggest a Raw match in there.

Three matches have been confirmed for No Way Out:

WWE Championship:

Randy Orton © Vs.

John Cena

Elimination Chamber Match To Determine The #1 Contender For The WWE Title At WrestleMania XXIV:

Triple H Vs. JBL Vs. Jeff Hardy Vs. Umaga Vs. Chris Jericho Vs. Shawn Michaels

Win Or Retire #6:

Ric Flair Vs. Mr. Kennedy

I was hoping Cena/Orton would take the Mania main, but I can live with HHH/Cena since it's far easier to excuse Cena being booed for HHH than for Orton. Let the feud hit its logical conclusion at NWO, and then Cena can drop the belt at Mania.

Only problem is where that leaves Orton.

Who cares where it leaves Orton, the charisma vaccuum could fall off the face of the planet and it wouldnt make a difference to WWE, he is so boring and dull, the main event scene is much better without him.

And really, whats the point of having Cena take the title in February, and then drop it in March? Thats stupid. If he takes it in Feb, he should retain at Mania. I'm not 100% convinced he is taking it at NWO, I see him possibly lifting it at Mania.

Or maybe it could be a case of Cena winning it, then Orton using his rematch clause at Mania, therefore making it a triple threat match. Orton-Cena-HHH.

I was thinking that but with Orton retaining somehow and Cena managing to get into the match making it a Triple Threat. But i'd much prefer a 1 on 1 match for the Main Event.

I was really hoping for Orton/Cena but at the moment I can see Cena winning at NWO and then Trips winning the Chamber and challenging Cena. I'm not to bothered though as Cena/Triple H will be an awesome match, if it's anything to go by 2 years ago which is one of my favourite matches then this will be great. Especially with 60,000+ people at the stadium.

The rest of the card looks really strong, Kennedy/Flair is a match i'll want to see and the Chamber should be awesome, it usually always is anyway.

Or maybe it could be a case of Cena winning it, then Orton using his rematch clause at Mania, therefore making it a triple threat match. Orton-Cena-HHH.
I am thinking Triple Threat at Mania but with Orton retaining here at NWO by some dubious circumstances and Cena being installed in the Mania mian event where he will take the title

Like I said in the Raw thread to give away a title change just 6 weeks before Mania is foolish as that would mean almost certainly a Cena win at Mania since it would be his first PPV defence of this reign

I was pissed off when they had Rey lose his title shot at NWO (even though he got it anyway because Teddy Long felt sorry for him). Here I don't mind as much because it's Cena saying, "I don't want to wait until WrestleMania to kick your ass and take back what I never lost."

Also, if there is any chance of not having Randy Orton in the main event of WrestleMania, it's all good.