ECW Discussion Thread - 22nd January 2008

FreeSpirit

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You honestly think this will change anything? :lol

We can hope it does. If it leads to Punk getting fired and going back to Ring of Bore, I will rejoice and regain faith in the WWE completely.

No, its just the Mitch Hateorade, its best to ignore it really.

Yeah, can't have people hating our lord and saviour, CM Punk. Why he isn't 17 million-time WWE undisputed champion already, I will never know. Wouldn't mind, but I haven't really mentioned Punk at all lately (because I make a conscious effort to avoid being angered by him), so it's a moot point.

Anyway, I watched the show to see Punk lose, and I was impressed everything around it. The Shelton push, the commentary, the Kingston debut, etc. It's nice to see Shelton carrying himself like a star. Also, Kane's entrance with the new set is incredible.

Speaking of:

WWE is so ahead of the field with the new sets and graphics, it's unbelievable. I'm in awe at the improvements.

Edited by DraVen

Yeah, can't have people hating our lord and saviour, CM Punk.
You and CM Punk is exactly what you didn't like about those who dissed Cena.

You have an irrational hatred for the man (for reasons unto yourself), and can't see past it. On the other hand, you chastise people who do/did the exact same thing with John Cena.

It's you're right to do as such, but don't go having a hissy-fit when someone calls you on it.

You say (in a sarcastic tone) that you can't have people hating CM Punk. Hating him is one thing, but you haven't given one good reason for hating him (disliking his work is one thing, but the tone of your comments elevate this beyond that) to this level, which is why it comes across as irrational.

Maybe if you explained why you hate CM Punk, people would understand. Who knows, you may even convert a few.

Is it wrong to think there's something strangely right about Edge,Chavo and Vickie being one happy family? I just loved seeing Edge and Chavo hugging and celebrating together and I think I like this alliance.

Don't think it was smart booking taking the title off Punk when he's the sort of person who should be representing WWE as a champion because no outside sources would be able to find any flaws in the guy.

Pretty good show. Two things at the end that bugged me though were firstly Chavo taking the Go To Sleep and no selling it as soon as Edge speared Punk, and also Vickie got out of her wheelchair, got into the ring with no problem at all before sitting back down in it.

Good show again this week but I would like to throw my name into the distain for Burke not getting the title instead of Chavo, at least Burke had history with Punk with their past feud Chavo just turned up proclaiming he didn't think it was fair that while he was out Punk got the belt, why not go all out to beat on Edge for knocking off your aunt AND winning a vastly more prestigious belt?!

Colin Delaney had the best match ever with Khali, forget the Cena/Khali matches or the Taker/Khali none were as good as the match Colin got out of him :lol

Best body comp was crap but for Coach's 'dancing' which made it atleast slightly funny but that was the only downer on the show really, the rest was pretty entertaining i'll give Kofi Kingston another chance before judging him too much, but his debut was horrible

Edited by Nemesis Enforcer

I doubt it is just me, but in my male opinion, Layla & Lena Yada are a lot hotter than Kelly Kelly. Layla is the hottest, in my mind.

Also, why are so many WWE fans so stupid? I used to think that crowds that went to the shows would not cheer for certain wrestlers/divas just because WWE labeled the given wrestler or diva as a face or heel. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like fans are just cheering for who WWE wants them to cheer for. I personally don't think it's a wise move for fans to just cheer or boo who WWE wants them too. Nothing constructive comes out of it then.

To my knowledge, the only reason Burke is not being used is because they are not using him. I'm fairly certain he is injury-free. I think he is just going to be added to the "list" of WWE superstars who rarely make appearances, but job when they do or the ones that just straight up never appear (like The Boogeyman). I am with almost everyone on TWO when it comes to the ECW Title. I think either Burke or Benjamin should have been the one to take the title off of Punk. As a matter of fact, I would love to see Benjamin or Burke win the ECW Title, then feud with the other guy (if Burke was the champion, he would feud with Benjamin, and vice versa). Sure, it would be two heels feuding, but I would enjoy it. I would actually have preferred Morrison regaining the ECW Title, as well.

Lena has the body of a 12 year old crack addict. A doughnut won't kill you, love.

Kelly Kelly Kelly Kelly seems to sport the same gormless expression on her face on a permanent basis and I just can't take her seriously as some kind of sex bomb. There is just nothing 'sexy' about her.

Yeah, can't have people hating our lord and saviour, CM Punk. Why he isn't 17 million-time WWE undisputed champion already, I will never know. Wouldn't mind, but I haven't really mentioned Punk at all lately (because I make a conscious effort to avoid being angered by him), so it's a moot point.

Oh find me ONE person on this board who thinks he's "our lord and saviour," please.

zZzZz, people like wrestling, zZzZz, writing about it online, sad *******s, zZzZz.

What's your point? This better be good... (or just admit to trolling, as I expect)

The point is you hate CM Punk for no ****ing reason!

It's simple, it's not me having a go because I like to argue. Your arguments over Punk are empty and without purpose..therefore you end up looking like Chris Crocker; mindlessly wondering why people don't worship the ground Britney walks on.

If you hate him, fine! But no one on this forum cares unless you have some sort of background to it!

O and regarding my post. I was being very light hearted with what I said but being the big nancy DIVA that you are, you had to come back and make a meal of it!

Edited by JC
  • Like 1

The point is you hate CM Punk for no ****ing reason!

Argument failed. Give up.

I've stated many times why I dislike CM Punk. He's, in my opinion, an overrated generic indy nobody with average mic skills, average ability, an average look and an overbearing, overinflated value of self-worth and a fanbase who rate him as the second coming of Christ with "5 star" matches that I felt never peaked over 3, and don't deserve to be praised just because they went over 60 minutes, yet for some reason is being pushed far beyond his talents and potential. And then people STILL think he's not high enough on the card and complain when he gets squashed, quite rightfully, by guys like Big Daddy V. He does absolutely nothing that Gregory Helms doesn't do, except drink Pepsi and get a real strong push from WWE brass.

But you keep believing that it's me who wanders "mindlessly" with no reason. I'll let you off this time, and we'll just chalk it to your ignorance.

He does absolutely nothing that Gregory Helms doesn't do, except drink Pepsi and get a real strong push from WWE brass.
Although Helms is a great worker, he never came close to getting the same receptions Punk was getting at one point. Talent wise it is pretty even, but the difference is, the fans care about Punk. He is the most over guy on ECW and their draw. Helms struggled to get any sort of heat during his strong push a while back.

Punk hasn't drawn in ECW much, but he has the potential to be a big star if handled right. The fans care about him and think he's a good talent, so if he is given the right angles and time to mature, he'll get over. Helms is good enough, but he hasn't shown anywhere near enough drawing potential to warrant the push Punk was given.

I'm probably right in saying you dislike him so much because you think he is rated too highly on the 'net. If that's the case, who cares what people think about his work? If they think he is the second coming of Ric Flair, let them. If you think they're wrong, going over the top with so much venom is never going to change their minds. When the Cena hate bandwagon was in full steam you didn't start posting hyperbolic nonsense about his level of work, comparing him to guys like Stan Hansen or whoever. You got people thinking "You know, he's right. Cena is actually pretty good" and that's probably the way you should approach this Punk thing. These over the top, biased posts aren't changing anyones opinion on anyone, except yourself.

Anyway, I'd like to see a Punk/Edge feud soon. I think they could do some pretty good stuff, especially on the mic. It'd be a nice change to the stagnant main event on SmackDown!. Although Punk certainly isn't ready for the belt. I think it'd be fun though, so hopefully it happens.

• Like 1

On the subject of Punk drawing, his title win popped the rating to a 1.6 (Which was announced before the show through WWE.com). So there are people who care enough to tune in to see him win I guess. But ECW has done it's worst ratings with him as the Champ (which you could argue was due to Daddy V being all over the show)

Although Helms is a great worker, he never came close to getting the same receptions Punk was getting at one point. Talent wise it is pretty even, but the difference is, the fans care about Punk. He is the most over guy on ECW and their draw. Helms struggled to get any sort of heat during his strong push a while back.

Helms has NEVER had the push Punk got. Punk was debuted in Smark Capital where he was always going to get a good reaction, and was given win after win and a fresh slate. Helms was thrust straight from an overused comedy gimmick into a midcard nothing gimmick with matches given little build in a cruiserweight division that no one cared about. He was doomed to fan apathy. Fans care about Punk because he was used a million times better.

I'm probably right in saying you dislike him so much because you think he is rated too highly on the 'net. If that's the case, who cares what people think about his work? If they think he is the second coming of Ric Flair, let them. If you think they're wrong, going over the top with so much venom is never going to change their minds. When the Cena hate bandwagon was in full steam you didn't start posting hyperbolic nonsense about his level of work, comparing him to guys like Stan Hansen or whoever. You got people thinking "You know, he's right. Cena is actually pretty good" and that's probably the way you should approach this Punk thing. These over the top, biased posts aren't changing anyones opinion on anyone, except yourself.

I don't want to change people's minds on CM Punk. This is different to the Cena push because I can see the reasons why people like Punk. I don't agree with them, but I see them. But Punk fans seem to have this stupid retarded mentality that anyone who dislikes Punk must have no reason for it, and are just rocking the boat for the hell of it. This is retard logic. If people think I've going overboard with my dislike of him, which I don't think I was, then I'll show them EXACTLY what overkill can be, and I will bury this horse into the f**king ground until people see how stupid they are for their ignorance. I haven't mentioned my dislike for Punk in MONTHS, and yet I'm told I should be ignored because of "hateraid"? That's absolute horsesh*t and JR is an idiot for suggesting it. Hence the vitriol.

I enjoyed ECW this week, a decent showing. The best body I wouldn't usually bother with but all 3 looked mighty fine. Kofi Kingston impressed, he looks like he could go somewhere on the brand, he's definitely talented, I hope to see him stay around for a while. And actually what's the deal with no Elijah? He should be a top talent yet he's nowhere to be seen. Chavo as Champ is good with me, it's nice to see a change and he can have a load of good matches with a lot of fresh competitors.