The results thread...

Evil Gringo

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't argue with the result in the Old Firm game today. In the end Celtic deserved the win.

My major gripe with game today was the fact that it just appeared to be very flat, neither side seemed to have any pace. It just seemed very lacklustre.The main diffeence at the end of the day was that Celtic actully had players on the pitch that can create. Nakamura was putting in some brilliant crosses, something Rangers have looked suspect since the beginning of the season.

Rangers did'nt seem to have anybody that could create anything, Burke was on one of his headless chicken days, Fergerson wants a rocket up his arse and Buffel was getting splinters in his backside. But at the end of the day i'm not too disheartned.

But please Mr La Guen put Alan Hutton out of his misery.

Mourinho backing Lampard today shows why he is the best manager in the world (imo).

If those three letters weren't there, this thread would have turned into: who is the best manager in the premier league? thread.

IMO, i don't share your view. I don't know who is the best manager but i don't think mourinho is...IMO!

Just for the record, Celtic actually ,made money in the transfer window this season-they brought in more than they spent. Strange, it doesn't feel that way, but it's true.

I just said they'd spent decent money, which they have done. They've brought in decent money too. I mentioned Petrov.

Great result for Cliftonville too. With them and Glenavon both beating Linfield in recent weeks, maybe Linfield won't be as dominant this season.

We played quite well today, a little dissapointed, but atleast we didn't lose. As for Bramble, played rubbish today, deserved to be sent off. Not sure why Roeder keeps playing him, Moore and Ramage are much better. Our next premiership match is against Man Utd, and well, I fear the worst. Bramble is banned, Babayaro is banned, Bernard isn't fit, Duff might still be injured, Martins isn't match fit, Ameobi isn't match fit...

Oh and yeah, Roeder, START WITH ROSSI!

UEFA Champions League

Bordeaux 0-1 PSV

Inter Milan 0-2 Bayern Munich

Levski Sofia 1-3 Chelsea

Liverpool 3-2 Galatasaray

Shakhtar Donetsk 2-2 Olympiacos

Spartak Moscow 1-1 Sporting

Valencia 2-1 Roma

Werder Bremen 1-1 Barcelona

grabbing a hat-trick for Chelsea and showing Shevchenko how its done.

Now to Liverpool, we just held onto the win after going 2 up in the first half and Crouch grabbing a wonderful second goal just after half time. Reina had another shocker, I can see him being dropped soon.

UEFA Champions League

Now to Liverpool, we just held onto the win after going 2 up in the first half and Crouch grabbing a wonderful second goal just after half time. Reina had another shocker, I can see him being dropped soon.

Did'nt think Reina had a bad game at all this evening, maybe could of got a hand to the 2nd, but those right down your neck are never easy anf he pulled off a good save when it was 2-0. Don't think we'll see Dudek between the Liverpool sticks in a major game as long as Reina is injury free.

Good clean sweep for the British sides in the Champions League games, neither Man United or Liverpool. But Saha and Crouchios 2nd were great goals respectively.

Arsenal looked good against Porto and the ball for Henrys goal was simply sublime.

Not seen anything of Chelsea or Celtic, but both will be glad to get wins under their belts before their double headers with Barcelona and Benfica.

Lets hope all the British sides can get the results they need tommorow night in the UEFA cup.

.........apart from Blackburn.

Phewww, Barca managed to get the equalizer thanks to the great player that is Lionel Messi.

Ronaldihno must hate playing on German turf because he just can't get it going when he plays in Germany.

And what a shame that Eto'o went down like that, I really hope that the injury is nothing serious and that he can be fit to play soon.

I was going off the Radio, they made out like he was pants.

Never tust the Radio, especially if it was Five Live or Century FM.

He had to punch a few but that happened when he was under pressure from their players.

He had no chance with the first goal and it would of been a awesome save if he had stopped the 2nd one.

Never tust the Radio, especially if it was Five Live or Century FM.

He had to punch a few but that happened when he was under pressure from their players.

He had no chance with the first goal and it would of been a awesome save if he had stopped the 2nd one.

In the last minutes he did flap his wings a bit lets just say but overall he was fine.

I thought Man Utd where rubbish against Benfica very lucky that they havent got much ability about them.I dont really know what Fergie is thinking anymore he doesnt seem to have a clue.He has one of the best attacking players in the world in Rooney and he persisted in playing him ON THE LEFT again like he kept doing last season he was pretty much a god damn wing back for the first half it was a joke.Carrick really needs to show something soon because hes been a joke so far.I thought the only plus for Utd was Heinze and Saha had good games, but thats it.

Oh and i would just like to say I dont know how people such as Martin Tyler said Christiano Ronaldo had an effective game against Benfica he was a joke, he did one simple thing which led to a goal the rest was a load of tosh him running mindlessly towards benfica players who always got the ball off him.