World Darts Championship

Cathal

So the biggest competition in the darts year has started tonight and will finish up on New Years Day I think.

I fancy Taylor to be back to his best for this tournament and win it, although James Wade isn't a bad shout and i'd prefer to see him victorious.

I doubt we'll see any match as good as last years final but we can hope.

Taylor vs. Van Gerwen is definitely the tie of the round, can't wait to see it, shame both have come up against each other so early as I could see both of them getting far.

Anyway, is anyone else following it? Who's your favourite to take the title?

This Taylor vs. Van Gerwen match is great.

It's currently tied at 2-2, first to three wins.

Van Gerwen had a shot at D12 to go through and knock Taylor out in the first round but unfortunately for him he missed.

Anyway, final set is about to begin, check it out if you can!

Edit - Taylor went through 3-2 overall and winning the final set 5-3.

What a match!

Edited by Cathal

Taylor's got an easy route to the final now that T Jenkins is out. The toughest players he will face are Manley and Scholten and King which should be easy enough for the Power. Cant see Barney getting to the final for some reason. Think Kevin Painter might give him a shock as he's been playing really well at the moment.

Taylor Lewis final for me.

Had split loyalties in the Taylor match last night, ive got a fiver on Taylor to win outright at 13/8 but Tabern is a local lad and sort of wanted him to do the business. Dont think Mardle can beat him in the next round but is likely to face Manley in the semis who will give him another tough game

Get on Kevin Painter to beat Barney tonight at 5/2. Painter is on form and Barney is ill with flu. Gonna put a fiver on it methinks

Get on Kevin Painter to beat Barney tonight at 5/2. Painter is on form and Barney is ill with flu. Gonna put a fiver on it methinks

Great call, i'm a bit dissapointed he's been knocked out though as I wanted another Taylor vs. Van Barneveld final. Oh well.

Painter, Lewis, Part and Wade must all fancy their chances to get to the final now, it's hard to call who will out of the four of them. Maybe another Taylor vs. Painter final and hopefully as good as their previous encounter in the final.

Edit- Lewis vs. Eccles was a great match today, I felt sorry for Eccles, he threw great darts and ended up having a better average than Lewis but was still knocked out, unfortunate for him but still a great match.

Told ya! Knew he'd do it, should have put more £££ on him really. Hell of a win and no reason why he cant get to the final now.

Two shock wins today, Shepherd beating Manley and Part beating Wade. Wade has been ill also and looked really poor against Dudbridge yesterday. Have got Part in a double with Lewis tonight so hopefully the guy who won me £12.50 yesterday will do the business for me again tonight and lose!

Part vs. Wade was another class game, both of them played really well at times. Missed the Manley vs. Shephard match, but it sounded exciting too, another final set decider. It's been really exciting so far this year. I've a fiver on Mardle to beat Taylor 5-4 later tonight at 9/1. Miracles can happen, bitches. Believe.

The first 3 quarter finals were spectacular. So close, so classy.

This one isn't living up to it so far.

My tip for a while has been Painter for the title, but he's dropped off it a little this match.

I couldn't help myself when it came to a flutter... I saw Shepherd at 16/1 and threw a tenner on it. The odds were so tempting. First time i've ever placed a bet, as i've only been 18 for just over a month.

C'mon Kirk!

WOW! I feel such an idiot for going to the pub when i could have been watching Taylor get beat in the most unlikely of occasions - with a big lead and against Wayne "The Choker" Mardle of all people!!!

Although i had a fiver on him to win the tourney im glad he got beat. He didnt deserve to win any of his matches - the only reason he has been winning is from van Gerwen, Walsh and Tabern bottling it.

Any of them can win it now though. Hope Painter can pull it off though as he should have won it in 04 but was just a bridge to far. Shepherd was 66/1 this morning with Paddy Power now is 10/1!!! Crap i wish i had a time machine!!!!!!!

Aw, I was hoping for a Mardle vs. Painter final. :(

I can't believe how well Shepard has done and I really hope he wins it now, there is just something that I don't like about Part plus his theme music sucks.

Damn, those Mardle entrances are so fun.