Chris Benoit found dead

Cathal

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unbelievable. I honestly have no words.....my heart goes out to anyone close to the Benoits, and i dont want to speculate on what actually happened, until i know the full truth. Not necessarily what is being reported at the moment. I only hope the current rumours arent true. Please.....R.I.P Chris and family. I hope you find the peace you clearly didnt have in life.

look, i know he was a great guy and one of the best wrestlers to grace the WWE, but i feel some of you are being over the top with your comments. deal with it. he is a great loss, no arguments there at all. if you wanna rip on me, then do so, i couldn't give a monkey's.

Sorry mate, I can kinda get what you're saying because normally when a famous person dies, it's a bit of a shock but then that's it. But this is quite different. At least for me it is. The manner of it happening is truely horrific. It would have been bad enough if he had just died but for this. It's indescribable really. At the minute I've a Benoit WrestleMania mat plaque on my wall and I'm struggling to look at it. I feel like I want to change my avatar and everything but at the same time, I feel gutted to be almost turning my back on my guy, so to speak.

At the minute it feels more than just my favourite wrestler dying, it's now a case of having really massive mixed emotions about him and I hate feeling like this. Obviously something has went very, very wrong in his head for this to happen. All those people on TV weren't just making that stuff up about him when they were talking about him just because he is dead - people said the same when he was alive.

I will never lose respect for what he did in the ring - I think he's the best wrestler I've ever seen. I also will never start on the whole coward's thing with regard to suicide. If someone kills themselves then it's not for me to pass comment because I've had no idea what has driven them to such a situation. I guess I've no idea what drives someone to kill loved ones either but I just can't justify it in any way, shape or form. They didn't deserve it. I genuinely can't understand what would go through someones mind to do that.

It still strikes me as utterly bizarre because Chris always talked about his legacy and now that legacy will be tarnished forever.

This is Chris Benoit, one of the nicest, most respected guys in the wrestling industry and now I just feel incredibly uneasy that I've been so fond of what is, essentially, a murderer. It still feels quite unreal the whole thing.

It must be totally unbearable being a friend of his or his family members. His other two children, it must be unbelievable for them.

Sorry mate, I can kinda get what you're saying because normally when a famous person dies, it's a bit of a shock but then that's it. But this is quite different. At least for me it is. The manner of it happening is truely horrific. It would have been bad enough if he had just died but for this. It's indescribable really. At the minute I've a Benoit WrestleMania mat plaque on my wall and I'm struggling to look at it. I feel like I want to change my avatar and everything but at the same time, I feel gutted to be almost turning my back on my guy, so to speak.

At the minute it feels more than just my favourite wrestler dying, it's now a case of having really massive mixed emotions about him and I hate feeling like this. Obviously something has went very, very wrong in his head for this to happen. All those people on TV weren't just making that stuff up about him when they were talking about him just because he is dead - people said the same when he was alive.

I will never lose respect for what he did in the ring - I think he's the best wrestler I've ever seen. I also will never start on the whole coward's thing with regard to suicide. If someone kills themselves then it's not for me to pass comment because I've had no idea what has driven them to such a situation. I guess I've no idea what drives someone to kill loved ones either but I just can't justify it in any way, shape or form. They didn't deserve it. I genuinely can't understand what would go through someones mind to do that.

It still strikes me as utterly bizarre because Chris always talked about his legacy and now that legacy will be tarnished forever.

This is Chris Benoit, one of the nicest, most respected guys in the wrestling industry and now I just feel incredibly uneasy that I've been so fond of what is, essentially, a murderer. It still feels quite unreal the whole thing.

It must be totally unbearable being a friend of his or his family members. His other two children, it must be unbelievable for them.

I agree he MURDERED his family if it were an accident or heart failure you can sort of understand it.

I agree he MURDERED his family if it were an accident or heart failure you can sort of understand it.

I think we should wait for all the facts to come in before we pass judgement on this. IF that is the case then that is both horrific, and very, very sad. At this time, i think our prayers should be with his immediate family and other children. They are whats most important just now.

I am utterly and totally shocked, just stunned. I honestly can't believe this. I first read it this morning when I came into work, I logged on to the read the daily WWE news as I always do......I just can't believe it :sad:

I could feel myself well up, I had to get round to the toilets. I went round to the toilets, stood and cried sore for at least 10 minutes, then I managed to compose myself. My god I didn't even know the man but as a WWE fan, I respected the hell out of him, he was one of the greatest wrestlers I've ever saw in the ring. The moment when him and Eddie embraced at Wrestlemania as champions brought tears to my eyes and now they are both in heaven together :sad:

As regards to the alleged rumours that he murdered them then killed himself. I'm struggling to believe this. Chris Benoit was regarded as one of the most geniune, family orientated guys in the business. He loved his family with his heart and I'm struggling to get my head round the fact that he may have been responsible for their deaths. Whatever the situation is, it doesn't take away the fact that he is one of the greatest ever and he should be remembered for that.

RIP Chris Benoit

If Benoit killed himself, or indeed his family then this changes everything. After all the guy and even if he only caused one of the three deaths (i.e. his own) then its completely unacceptable and basically put, is the cowards way out. And even worse if he killed his family but Ill wait for more to be released as somehow I dont believe it

I really don't want to comment on the circumstances surrounding this, as it's just too hard to even think about it. I've always had respect for Chris Benoit the wrestler, he was never my favourite, but I've always enjoyed watching him. He seemed to me like a guy who was living out his dream in between those ropes, appreciating every last second. I just haven't got a clue what to think now. All we can be certain of is that Chris will always have a place in wrestling history, but I'm in complete and utter shock that it's ended like this.

If what is being reported about about chris benoit and his family is true all i can say is what a terrible tragedy this is. From his matches in ECW to the world title winning match at wrestlemania 20, chirs benoit wil be remembered for the great wrestler he was.:sad:

R.I.P Chris Benoit

If you want to know more about the benoit story check out Fox News.

I was quite shocked to find this out this morning when watching Raw (recorded). But I had actually been thinking, what would happen to the McMahon death angle if someone really did die? I guess that storyline is going to be scrapped completly (which, although I hated it, I would have liked to see the progression of the storyline and 'who done it').

Im sorry, but Daniel & Nancy were suffocated & Benoit was found hung, points to only one thing doesnt it....
Until it's confirmed, it points to suspicion, not proof... And I tend to be patient and wait for the proof, thank you very much.

What has happened is both sad and tragic - but i think until there is an official police and coroners report - all the speculation about what happened is hurtful and unhelpful.

I have read several random and apparently factual sources quote what the "real" story was - from finding out he had aids following a sexual encounter with another wrestler and going mad - to playing about and using his finisher on his wife and it accidentally going too far.

Something very bad happened, three people are dead, isn't that devestating enough for now?

Geez,i went to bed last night and people were just speculating,and now all this talk about murder/suicide and how it may be true-i just don't know what to say.

I think as today progresses we'll get a lot of answers.

I'm in such shock. I put RAW on this morning and saw the In Memory of Chris Benoit screen, I just can't believe it. This is truly a huge loss to the Wrestling world, Chris was such a talented worker and was genuinely a great man. As soon as the video aired I just filled up and I cried, i've been crying since, I just can't believe it.

according to WWE.com they are saying it was a murder-sucide from the sheriffs office straight from the horses mouth i would not have thought that the WWE would have reported it if it was not true its pretty strong stuff.

Yeah, that's what I thought. As soon as I read it on the WWE website then that is what sort of made me think it must definitely be true.

I mean, the autopsy etc has still to be done but it doesn't need to really go that far in some cases to know what has happened. If WWE is even mentioning the notion he has killed them then himself then I'd say in all likelihood it is true.

:(

I would not count on it they have been known to be wrong I say wait and see. I can not see Benoit murdering his family as he was one of the most family orientated guys around. I can however see him killing himself if his family had died as he had nothing left to live for. We will see!

****...really getting sick of all this

I remember watching Eddie's last match and thinking "that almost looks like he's waving goodbye" then under a week later he was gone

I watched Hennig on TNA and thought "God, he looks good" then again, he was gone.

I sat at work pondering "you know, Awesome would be great if given the chance" and yup.

I watched a woman's match the other week and thought "yeah, but you're not Sherri are you" we know what happened next.

I watched the Eddie segment on Vengeance and thought "think i'll watch that Mania moment again, would be nice to see Benoit as Champ again" and I sit in work finding myself reading 14 pages on here and 37 over on the UKFF about something which just doesn't make any sense.

I think I should just stop watching wrestling altogether.

RIP Chris