Talk Whatever Online is becoming Deadicated Fans! Forum restructure is under construction ×

New Millenium

Jimmy Wang Yang

Since the new millenium, what would you say was the best year in wrestling and why. Same for the worst year and why.

I thought 2000 was great, because that is when i started watching wrestling.

Is that your reason for liking 2000 the best, because thats when you started watching? Nothing to do with the booking, angles, talent etc?

For me, my favourite year was 2005 as it had the perfectly booked Hogan vs HBK storyline arc starting at WM21 and ending at SummerSlam. 5 months of Hulkamania as the main focal point of the show...awesome.

Worst was 2004, utter sh*t in every way.

Is that your reason for liking 2000 the best, because thats when you started watching? Nothing to do with the booking, angles, talent etc?

No, i thought it had the some of the most colorful "characters" and great main eventers

Kane, Undertaker, Benoit, Rock, Austin, HHH, and the midcard was great too.

Just a great year in wrestling.

2000 Hottest period wrestling has seen

2001 WWE begins to retract

2002 ..continuing to retract

2003 Utter balls bar The Rock

2004 Benoit as Champion..SNORE

2005 Getting better..

2006 Don't throw away momentum WWE!

2007 Seems okay but still alot of work to do

2000 was great, but it was not the hottest period wrestling has seen. WCW was hitting the skids and ECW was also on the way out, despite the elevation of Rhino to the main-event scene.

What would you say is the hottest period then?

2001 I thought was pretty good, it was just a case of massively missed opportunities with the Invasion angle. But on a whole the PPV's were very good matchwise, its just the booking went to pot.

Yeah, pretty much summed it up. Austin's heel turn ruined an otherwise excellent Mania - you could see the fans weren't buying it.