Talk Whatever Online is becoming Deadicated Fans! Forum restructure is under construction ×

Year of Injuries

Jimmy Wang Yang

I think this has been a very hectic year in the WWE. I call it the year of injuries, because how many superstars have been legitametely injured? Edge, HHH, Undertaker, HBKI, Ken Kennedy had an injury, Gregory Helms, we all know the Chris Benoit incident. Cena.

What is your opinion of this year, has it still been a good year? Do you think it could have been better without the injuries?

Of course it would probably have been better without the injuries. And the loss of Van Dam , Big Show and Kurt Angle has really thinned the ranks.

I do feel very sorry for the WWE right now. So many injuries, as close as they have been, is just unlucky.

With the harsh schedule wrestlers have to work it's not surprising their bodies can't support it for long,WWE needs to take a few dates off their house show list for each month because then they can keep their top stars fresh.

Totally agree. The house show schedule is just insane. When Edge was World champ, he was wrestling 7 - 8 times a week. No wonder top guys bodies are just collapsing all over the place.

Yeah, it has been a year of injuries, more importantly; the injuries have been to the main eventers. I remembered thinking about this back when Batista got injured and Kurt Angle followed shortly after.

I'm very sorry to bring this up as I really do not want this thread to become a discussion about this, but; now is the time to reunite the brands as the WWE really do not have enough stars to keep three unique shows going.

I think the WWE have handled this year really well, the injuries have been a big blow to the rosters and main event talent has been at a low but they've managed to scrape by fine. The list of people going down injured has been shocking and especially seeing as they're top calibre stars have been the majority. Plus Benoits death this year has been a lot of pressure and the fact of losing possibly the best Wrestler in the WWE. So I think they've handled really well, however when these stars return from injury i'd expect the shows to do better than they are currently.

Totally agree. The house show schedule is just insane. When Edge was World champ, he was wrestling 7 - 8 times a week. No wonder top guys bodies are just collapsing all over the place.

I call bull on this. These days the schedual is lighter than it was 6-7 years ago, Edge was probably wrestling no more than 4 times a week tops!