Comments that don't require their own thread 2007 / 2008

Naitch

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like a trailer for Harry Potter 6 has been leaked. I say this because at the end of the trailer it says "this year", and this isn't scheduled for release until July.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXEMmHn46Ec&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXEMmHn46Ec&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

I want this film now. I'd seen a previously released trailer, but hadn't seen that one before. Cheers for posting it! It looks so good...tears are gonna be shed :sad:

That looks pretty damn good, even if the premise seems to be similar to JCVD.

There was another trailer to it I saw near the start of the year, but I couldn't find it until I saw that on on IGN's front page today, hopefully it'll be getting a theatrical release instead of a limited one in the US. It looks better than JCVD, in my (biased Bruce Campbell fanboy) opinion, but they both look awesome.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's more of these style films to come, just like the handy-cam style craze that has seemed to die down a little.

I currently only get 4 terrestrial channels (BBC1 and 2, ITV1 and Channel 4.) I therefore sat down tonight assuming that there'd be a few good scary films dotted around the scheduling to mark Halloween. I check listings to find that hte only blumming film on is Halloween 2 at 12.30. Poor effort I feel, there's normally more choice than that! I was really looknig forward to watching some scary films with the lights off cwtched up on the sofa! I don't even have any DVDs I can watch instead as they're all at my new house. Even more shockingly, the Simpsons that was on at 6 on Channel 4 wasn't evena Treehouse of Horror one! Terrible.

• 3 weeks later...
Metallica are rumoured to be in talks to headline a new UK music festival based in Knebworth.

The rock event would be set up as a rival to heavy metal festival Download, which takes place at Donington Park.

Stuart Galbraith, CEO for concert promoter Kilimanjaro, recently hinted that his company was interested in such a project.

"There's one new festival, which we're looking to launch next year, which at the moment I can't tell you a lot about," he told eFestivals.

"It's very much in the rock vein, to enter the marketplace in the same area as Download."

Kilimanjaro's touring roster includes Sharleen Spiteri, Elliot Minor, Metallica, Slipknot, Grace Jones and Deep Purple.

This has the possibility to be good. Download needs a kick in the ass after a couple of years of major issues (venue troubles, diminishing line-up quality, and poor ticket sales), especially after Reading pulled the festival of the year out of their asses. More rock can't be a bad thing, although I have no idea where Knebworth is.

This is awesome, I had no idea about Short Circuit being considered for a re-make until I found about it here today. Some may say the original was cheesy but man, I have fond memories of growing up and the film was always on the TV every once or so and still was great to watch everytime!

And, the original's special effects wasn't anything amazing but with the advances being made in special effects/CGI - the re-make could look amazing but I have only one wish - don't use CGI for Johnny 5, have the studio build proper robots just like the original! Then you've got potentially a good film.

I'm on a bit of a J-pop kick having gotten some Pizzicato 5 and Cibo Matto off of iTunes what I'm wondering is what else I should consider, I'm seriously tempted to get a Morning Musume album... especially if I can figure out which ones are from the generation Ai Kago and Maki Goto were in.

I did not know Peter Boyle had passed away untill reading about it today while looking up Taxi Driver on wiki..That is sad :(

sorry for one moment i thought you said Frankie Boyle! :sad5:

But Peter was a legend aswell, he was awesome in Everybody Loves Raymond.