Talk Whatever Online is becoming Deadicated Fans! Forum restructure is under construction ×

Change History

Jung

Ok what if you could go back in time and change the result of a match?

What would you choose, why would you do it?

I'll open with this.

The 1991 Royal Rumble.

There was no need on earth for Hogan to win it.

IMO they should have had Slaughter still beat Warrior except as well as Savage interfering, so would Hogan.

Then in the Rumble itself I'd have had Hogan get attacked by Slaughter, and have someone else win it.

Could have given a major push to Perfect, Jake Roberts, The Undertaker etc, and actually given WWF some proper singles main events come summer time, instead of re-treads between Mania and Summer Slam.

1991 Royal Rumble for me aswell, but not the Rumble match. Hogan winning was perfect as it kept him super strong going into WrestleMania VII.

What I've have changed was the WWF title match result. I'd have had Warrior retain and go on to WMVII to face Hogan in a rematch from WMVI. If that had happened, I have no doubt the WWF would have been able to stay at the Colliseum and sell out with 110,000 people because Hogan vs Warrior would have been the biggest rematch of all time, AND the WWF wouldnt have recieved the negative press from the Hogan vs Slaughter/Gulf War fiasco.

Hogan vs Warrior 2, with Hogan challenging after winning the Rumble, in front of 110,000 fans at the outdoor Colliseum would have been amazing. I'd have had Hogan win back the belt and move into a feud with Rick Rude leading into SummerSlam and the Warrior feud with Savage leading into SummerSlam, then you have the double main event of Hogan vs Rude for the WWF title and Warrior vs Savage grudge match.

It would have been unbelievable.

1991 Royal Rumble for me aswell, but not the Rumble match. Hogan winning was perfect as it kept him super strong going into WrestleMania VII.

What I've have changed was the WWF title match result. I'd have had Warrior retain and go on to WMVII to face Hogan in a rematch from WMVI. If that had happened, I have no doubt the WWF would have been able to stay at the Colliseum and sell out with 110,000 people because Hogan vs Warrior would have been the biggest rematch of all time, AND the WWF wouldnt have recieved the negative press from the Hogan vs Slaughter/Gulf War fiasco.

Hogan vs Warrior 2, with Hogan challenging after winning the Rumble, in front of 110,000 fans at the outdoor Colliseum would have been amazing. I'd have had Hogan win back the belt and move into a feud with Rick Rude leading into SummerSlam and the Warrior feud with Savage leading into SummerSlam, then you have the double main event of Hogan vs Rude for the WWF title and Warrior vs Savage grudge match.

Lol so I presume your 2nd changed history would be to sign Rick Rude to a new contract after his cage match with Warrior at Summer Slam 90?"

Lol so I presume your 2nd changed history would be to sign Rick Rude to a new contract after his cage match with Warrior at Summer Slam 90?"
Yeah definately, Vince was stupid to let Rude walk. He was booked to be on Earthquakes team at the 1990 Survivor Series instead of Haku who replaced him as he was feuding with Bossman at the time who was a member of the Hulkamaniacs. He was even on most of the earlier posters and promotional material. They could have started something with Hogan and Rude there, even have Rude be the cause of Hogans elimination or something.

Things didnt work out though and Rude sat home for a year until his contract was up, and went to WCW. Bad business was that.

My only problem with that would be that we would've missed out on the Warrior's best match ever at WMVII. I don't think it would have been as special if it was held at a Summerslam, or that there wouldn't be that "Savage cost Warrior the title" grudginess to the match.

How about Hogan v Warrior at Summer Slam 91, and the end of the match sees Flair debut, knock them both out with his "Real" World Title belt and that be the end of the show.

Admittedly its a bti of a big risk to do a non-finish to an early 90's major PPV, but it would have set Flair off on the right foot and actually given Summer Slam a main event and angle it deserved instead of a re-tread.

My only problem with that would be that we would've missed out on the Warrior's best match ever at WMVII. I don't think it would have been as special if it was held at a Summerslam, or that there wouldn't be that "Savage cost Warrior the title" grudginess to the match.
With them heading into SummerSlam 91 feuding, the match could have happened there and back in those days, SummerSlam didnt really seem any less important than WrestleMania because there were so few events. Plus, to have Hogan vs Warrior 2 at WMVII in front of 110,000 people and then a Hogan vs Rude feud and longer term Warrior vs Savage feud, thus dropping all the Sgt. Slaughter crap, I'd say its more than worth it.

Also, as long as the career vs career stipulation was involved, I think any Warrior vs Savage match would stand out. Their SummerSlam 1992 match was awesome so I think they just had good chemistry.

What about The Lex Express:)

That was horrible and not even slamming Yokozuna on that battleship could make Luger a WWF headliner :lol

Also I'd have signed Mark Henry to a two year contract instead of a guaranteed ten years which I understand annoyed the veterans on the WWF roster,then I'd have sent the strongest man in the world to OVW and asked for an honest evaluation of his potential after the two years.

Possibly would have never let some of the WCW headliners of their boom period have the creative control clause in their contract, that way, some of them may have done what management wanted, and some new stars other than Bill Goldberg may have climb the ranks of the company. Also, would have never hired Vince Russo to work for WCW in 1999.

Probably have given a title run for Dibiase. That man deserved a run.

There are so many things you could change back in the past. From Vince winning the wwe title to giving jake roberts a ic title run and give em a actual championship, or even a better push for Great Muta in WCW than the one he got despite his incredible legacy.

I would prevent Owen, Eddie, and Benoit/his family's deaths.

and

Have Jeff beat Taker in the ladder match and then make the match at Vengeance a Fatal Fourway - Taker vs Jeff vs Rock vs Angle.

Rock wins by pinning Angle and faces Jeff the next night on Raw in a rematch for the gold. Brock interferes and it is declared a no contest. Next week, Rock vs Jeff again, except this time it is No DQ. Brock interferes again and costs Jeff the match. After the match, Lesnar demolishes Jeff, to get Jeff off TV and into rehab. And it still ends up being Rock vs Brock at SummerSlam.

Edited by SuperKick Kid

So you'd give a guy that you're planning on sending to rehab and that had been demolished by Lesnar time and time again a very short WWE title reign just for the sake of it?

No, I am giving him the title reign so that when he returns from his rehab, he'll get a great response and he could jump right into a feud with Brock because Brock screwed him out of the belt.

I'd have changed the finkerpoke of doom Nash/Hogan match to a simple World title match that Nash would win, nothing spectacular, could even have got away with another Hall tazer shot, this time to Hogan.

Damage had already been done with Nash beating Goldberg for the belt, but no need to make it worse with the laydown and Hogan getting the belt back, with the nWo reforming. Have Nash keep hold of the belt with a solid win over Hogan in a main event that wouldn't have felt like a complete mickeytake to the massive crowd there that night and move on from there.

tosh. He was excellent on screen, and the nWo needed the power from somewhere. His turn was fine, his involvement was great, and his online persona has always been good. The whole angle would have made a lot less sense without Bischoff's involvement and many of the really great nWo moments came with him playing a major part in them.