Simpsons Movie

The Icon

Well the news is in, the film is here and people are not happy with it. Empire gave it 2 stars for example.

For my part I saw it Twice with two different groups. Well once on my own actually and once with friends. I liked it up to a point. First the good news. Some great jokes in particular the whole spider pig and the polar bear / wolf joke. Also despite the stretching out of whats meant to be a 25 minute show into 1 hour and 25 minutes it manages to hold up the entire time. Only just mind.

Now for the bad news. The plot sucks. Now I know its animation and not always realistic but its really not a good Simpsons plot. They have does so much better. Still while the plot sucks as I said the story just about holds up. Secondly forget everything you know from the show, they change everything.

They reveal where in America Springfield is. They also take some jokes too far. Bart nude? Then other stuff like Half the story taking place outside Springfield. Maggie talks? and so on. Was any of this needed?

A small niggely note also, some of the most loved characters like Apu and Skinner hardly appear. I don't think Skinner even has a line.

Back to the good then. Homer is at his stupid best and is a big highlight of the film. Marge and Lisa have some very funny moments as well. Bart though and his love for Flanders storyline just doesn't work for me. It leads to some good moments, the drink on the window is inspired, but seems like throwaway stuff.

So what to make of it, the good just about outweight the bad. However the fact that there is enough bad to even question what to make of it is enough to pause for thought. Do I reccomend it to you?

The answer is yes. It's still the simpsons and it is still funny as hell. Just don't go into the film thinking the hype is true and this is the best episode ever. It isn't, not even close.

I don't agree with empires 2 stars, however I wouldn't give it more than 3.5 stars.

Now i love the simpsons and i quote Homer J. Simpsons about 20 times a day. But i was disappointed with the film. Yes there was a few lol moments but no more than you'd get in an average 25minute episode.

I was expecting a lot more. I enjoyed it but like i said it didn't live up to the expections i had for it.

Still worth seeing of course.

Spider pig,spider pig,does what ever a spider pig does. Can he swing from a web? No he can't cause he's a pig. LOOK OUT he is a spider pig :lol

Classic.

I loved this movie...from the opening 20th Century Fox logo until the end credits, this film, IMO, was hilarious. Not enough Sideshow Bob, but then this was Homer's movie.

And for anyone reading Kurtmark's spoilers, the movie does not, in any way, tell you where Springfield is meant to be in the United States.

I loved this movie...from the opening 20th Century Fox logo until the end credits, this film, IMO, was hilarious. Not enough Sideshow Bob, but then this was Homer's movie.

And for anyone reading Kurtmark's spoilers, the movie does not, in any way, tell you where Springfield is meant to be in the United States.

Not really no, well it does but in a fake way. I just wanted to get people to see it on that basis.

I thought it was really average and the best point is made at the start of the film, why pay for something you can watch at home for free.

The film wasn't even good as one of the better simpson episdoes. I was expecting it to be like 3 top simpson episodes but it wasn't. They completly changed the format. Simpsons is renowned for getting away with having basically no plot in an episode. It's generally something of no interest like Homer starts a bowling team, homer gets a new job, and its really just an excuse to get in lots of funny one liners and jokes. The movie however has just one massive storyline, which pretty much buries the subplots completly, and the sub plots really don't go with the characters, especially the Bart and Flanders thing.

Also the best thing about the simpsons is the characters of Springfield, after 18 years themselves, the Simpsons themselves aren't all that funny other than Homer, and the film pretty much ignored the rest of the characters completly giving most of them no lines what so ever.

Lenny had the best line line the film.

I thought it was really average and the best point is made at the start of the film, why pay for something you can watch at home for free.

The film wasn't even good as one of the better simpson episdoes. I was expecting it to be like 3 top simpson episodes but it wasn't. They completly changed the format. Simpsons is renowned for getting away with having basically no plot in an episode. It's generally something of no interest like Homer starts a bowling team, homer gets a new job, and its really just an excuse to get in lots of funny one liners and jokes. The movie however has just one massive storyline, which pretty much buries the subplots completly, and the sub plots really don't go with the characters, especially the Bart and Flanders thing.

Also the best thing about the simpsons is the characters of Springfield, after 18 years themselves, the Simpsons themselves aren't all that funny other than Homer, and the film pretty much ignored the rest of the characters completly giving most of them no lines what so ever.

Lenny had the best line line the film.

You feel pretty much the same as me then. Which Lenny line? The one to Carl in the meeting?

Edited by The Icon

I was talking to a few guys in work today who have seen it,same as here really,some think it's average and others think it's fantastic.

I will judge myself when I see it in the next few days.

Everybody should see this and make up their own minds. Chances are 50/50 you will love it as every second person seems to love it and every first dislike it.

i thought it was average at best and pushed the boundries of family comedy to the limit. I wouldn't exactly be happy taking a youngster to watch it.

I thought at parts it was trying to be family guy. The joke about being black, bart wearing nothing on a skateboard and the homer chanting 'gay gay gay gay gay' spring to mind.

Just got back from watching the movie and i felt cheated by it, The so called laughs was predictable and it was boring. Never laughed once and i think the simpsons bubble has finally burst. I actually walked out of the film and watched Transformers again.

It's the worse movie of all time

-10 out of 10

Simpsons is renowned for getting away with having basically no plot in an episode. .

Thats Family Guy. I actually forgot is was out, I'll go this weekend. Im not over excited about it, but it should be good.