iMPACT Discussion Thread - 12th July 2007

Guest FreeSpirit

Guest FreeSpirit

Preview:

USA: Thursday 12th July on Spike TV at 9/8c

UK: Saturday 14th July on Bravo 2 at 10pm

Abyss to speak for the first time

12th July 2007

This Saturday night "iMPACT" returns to Bravo 2 at 10pm with another huge broadcast just days before the "Victory Road" Pay-Per-View event. The below is a preview of what you’ll see on the broadcast:

STING PROMISES THAT ABYSS WILL SPEAK FOR THE FIRST TIME

According to Sting, Abyss will speak for the first time this week on iMPACT. In the five years that Abyss has been a part of TNA, he has never communicated with anyone except former manager James Mitchell. However, Sting’s mission to reform Abyss continues this week in a big way. What will Abyss say with his first words to the wrestling world? Tune in and find out!

8 MAN WAR BEFORE VICTORY ROAD – ANGLE, JOE AND 3D MUST UNITE

Also on "iMPACT", the opponents in the "Match Of Champions" at "Victory Road" must unite as it will be Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe and Team 3D joining forces for an eight man war. Will all hell break loose between the four TNA champions before the Pay-Per-View, or will the bitter enemies find a way to co-exist? Who will their opponents be? Tune in and find out!

THE MEMBERS OF SEROTONIN COLLIDE IN A THREE-WAY MATCH

In addition, TNAwrestling.com has learned that the members of Raven’s Serotonin will collide in a three-way bout as it will be Martyr vs. Havok vs. Kaz! In recent weeks, Kaz has been lashing out against his fellow Serotonin members, resulting in some friction in the group. Will this bout finally end the problems in the alliance, or will it shatter Serotonin further?

All this and much more this Saturday night on "iMPACT" on Bravo 2 at 10pm, plus more matches for the "Victory Road" event will be announced on the broadcast including details of the return of the daredevil Ultimate X Match at the Pay-Per-View![/Quote]

Edited by FreeSpirit

Guest FreeSpirit

Spoilers:

Credit: pwinsider.com

*Abyss pinned Lance Hoyt with a Black Hole Slam. Christy Hemme looked awesome. [Note from Mike: When doesn't she?]. Abyss goes under the ring and grabs a bag of glass. Basham comes out to pull Lance Hoyt from the ring. Voodoo Kin Mafia hit the ringside area and battle with Hoyt and Basham. Christy is left in the ring with Abyss. Tomko and AJ Styles jump Abyss before he can do anything. Sting's music plays and he appears behind Tomko and Styles, then clears the ring. Sting takes the mic and says they'll see Tomko and Styles at Victory Road. He hands Abyss the mic and Abyss says, "Tomko, Styles, three days until Doomsday."

*Kaz defeated Havoc and Martyr in a qualifying match for the 10 Man Ultimate X match at Victory Road after pinning Martyr. After the match, Raven hit Kaz from behind with the kendo stick. All three of them beat down Kaz.

*TNA & IWGP champion Kurt Angle, TNA X-Division champion Samoa Joe and TNA Tag Team champions Team 3D defeated AJ Styles & Christian Cage & Tomko & Robert Roode. Angle stayed out of the ring most of the match and had words with Joe. Brother Ray was trying to get them to focus on the match. Joe got Styles up for the Muscle Buster but Angle made a blind tag in. Angle covered AJ for the pin after the buster. Angle left the ring, leaving 3D and Joe in the ring.[/Quote]

Xplosion:

*James Storm pinned Senshi with a superkick.

*Jay Lethal pinned Petey Williams. Before the match, Sonjay Dutt came out and tossed flower petals around the ring.[/Quote]

Guest Twig
No Ricky Banderas. :(

Looks like they're gonna build Abyss up first, so that their feud and matches will be right at the top of the card. :xyx They'll possibly even debut Ricky with him beating Sting within an inch of his life.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Craig

I'm watching Impact because I have nothing better to do, and well, the show has sucked so far. Except for the Paparazzi Productions segment, particularly Alex Shelley calling Jerry Lynn the lead singer of Nickelback.

Why they won't push Shelley I'll never know.

Guest The Great Ahmar
I'm watching Impact because I have nothing better to do, and well, the show has sucked so far. Except for the Paparazzi Productions segment, particularly Alex Shelley calling Jerry Lynn the lead singer of Nickelback.

I hate Alex Shelley for saying things like that, I was planning the give the show a miss like last week but I have to see this!

Guest Drake
Looks like they're gonna build Abyss up first, so that their feud and matches will be right at the top of the card. :xyx They'll possibly even debut Ricky with him beating Sting within an inch of his life.

I will cry of happines if that happened, dear Twiggie. Plus, they aired a promo video hyping the debut of Ricky. He will be called "Judah Messiah" though.

Yeah, I laughed out loud when I heard that. Lynn really does look like Chad Kruger. :lol

PS: I'm liking Kurt now that he has given his character a new twist. Well, to be honest, it just seems like he's playing himself. :lol

Edited by Drake

No Ricky Banderas. :(
I'm thinking they may keep him for the PPV or the iMPACT afterwards.

Did Abyss wear his mask, or was he in the Sting paint? I must admit, it both shocked me and made me laugh out loud when I saw Abyss in the paint last week.

Surprisingly enjoyable Impact that failed in it's most important area (making the PPV worth a damn). TNA need to learn from WWE this week as to how to make a PPV worth buying. I'm not sure why TNA suck at go-home shows but they do.

Yet, it was a fun show. They've FINALLY realised how Angle needs to be pushed and are trying to make stars out of Roode and Harris. I'm disappointed that they're investing more time into Harris than Storm but I have more hope for TNA in pushing two new guys slowly than pushing one new guy big time and then botching it (Monty and Joe). I think they've seen how WWE are pushing MVP and are going a similar route with Roode which suits me just fine. Shelley calling Lynn the lead singer of Nickelback was great. Storm is still wonderful, and anything with Nash in obviously rules.

Could have done without Abyss talking. TNA still suck so much at editing. When something so momentus as Abyss talking happens, STAY WITH IT, and then MENTION IT LATER ON IN THE SHOW, AS MANY TIMES AS YOU CAN. WWE would never make that mistake, but it's these stupid little niggles that hold the product back from reaching its potential.

And at the end of it all, I still don't care about the PPV. The Ultimate X clusterf**k could have sold some extra PPVs but it wasn't really put over as well as it could have been. I still don't care about Angle/Joe v Team 3D (nor do most people, I suspect). And I couldn't even tell you most of the other matches.

So yeah - as a PPV go-home show, it failed where Raw succeeded big time. As an hour of fun, it did its job and then some. Business-wise, that's bad. From a personal perspective, I couldn't ask for much more.

Guest Drake
Seriously, James Storm drinking with Don West is hte funniest thing I've ever seen.

Are you kidding? I found Don West in that segment so embarassing. His acting skills completely suck.

I'm thinking they may keep him for the PPV or the iMPACT afterwards.

Did Abyss wear his mask, or was he in the Sting paint? I must admit, it both shocked me and made me laugh out loud when I saw Abyss in the paint last week.

Yeah, I'm hoping that he debuts at the PPV. Abyss just wore his normal mask.

Guest Slim Jim
Are you kidding? I found Don West in that segment so embarassing. His acting skills completely suck.

Well considering it was meant to be a serious segment, me finding it funny isn't a great thing.

West was either over acting, or he actually had one too many of those brewskis before filming.

Yeah I caught from "Lead singer of Nickleback on" when it aired, and it felt like I'd missed a lot more than I did. My girlfriend keeps changing the channels the second a wrestling match ends, not even waiting the three seconds to see if they're going into a promo or to commercials (and yet I'm not even allowed to speak when Grey's Anatomy is on TV, meanwhile she's talking about Mark Henry's cornrows over JBL's commentary) She saw the papparazi productions logo and switched over, leaving me stunned and nearly yelling at her to turn it back. I mean honestly, she turns the channel when Kevin Nash, Alex Shelly, Bob Backlund, Chris Sabin, and Jerry Lynn are simultaneously on TV! How doesn she not immedaitely recognize the greatness therein such a segment!?