Forums are under active construction. ×

Vista compatabilty and security problems

Guest Gemsi

Guest Gemsi

Windows Vista, the delightful, totally UNsecure little blighter that it is, has a compatability issue with Nvidia Geforce graphics cards above series 6.

When I got my laptop with Vista, I thought fantastic. All up-to-date ready for some gaming. I thought the only let down would be my 1.7ghz processor. But looking at the back of a lot of my games, I seemed ok. That's until, games installed, I run into the compatabilty issue Vista has. Searching the web for a fix. I've found that the geforce 7 graphics card I have, is the main problem to not being able to play games on my computer.

I've noticed the problem being mainly with Sims 2. I've put so much time into getting that to run, it's unbelievable. I've even resorted to downloading Daemon Tools. The best I can get is Sims 2 without any build mode at all. :info7: All other games with the problem seem to work fine with fixed .exe files. Just not Sims 2

Anyone know of any ways in which to get it to work, as MS don't seem to have any real answers yet apparantely. But Nvidia and MS are working closely together to solve the problem (so I've been told.)

Vista looks all so pretty and things on the outside. I just wish it weren't such a pain. I expected teething troubles, but not like this. I also didn't expect to have to actually install virus software. My old laptop on XP had kept all viruses clear without any antivirus software help. Vista let 600 viruses into my system files in the first 4 days. Which corrupted half my computer. Luckily it was sorted when I installed Panda and starting disinfecting everything.:doh32:

Guest Gemsi

Sims 2 was the first game I tried. Had the laptop about 2 month or so now, only just started putting games on.

My old laptop handled a lot more games than I've put on this, and it had a third of the HDD and a quater of the Ram this has, with the same processor.

I wouldn't be as fussed, but I need it all sorted for when I next go into hospital. 2 weeks gets sooooo boring. I need all the games, draw programs and word processors I can manage.

It is the graphics card that's the main problem. The compatability issue is bugging me, I'm running windows update everyday just to see if there's a fix yet. But no such luck.

Guest Miss T
I bought a brand new Acer laptop with Vista on it and Messenger just WOULDNT work, the most frustrating thing in the world!!

Guest MojoPogo
Vista. Biggest pile of **** since King Kong had a vindaloo. Buggy, slow, overtly complex. But hey, it looks pretty. Thanks MS, but if i wanted something that would break down everytime i pushed its buttons, i'd date Britney Spears. Alledgedly.

Its G-force and Sims 2 not really a Vista problem I was getting probs before I got my new PC when I installed a new G-Force 7 card Sims 2 went wonky got new PC went ahead installed Sims 2 and wey hey with a Radeon card its awesome.

xXx

Guest The Genetic Jackhammer
Is the Vista that is out now the test one or is it supposed to be the proper final product??

Guest Slim Jim
Its G-force and Sims 2 not really a Vista problem I was getting probs before I got my new PC when I installed a new G-Force 7 card Sims 2 went wonky got new PC went ahead installed Sims 2 and wey hey with a Radeon card its awesome.

xXx

Sims 2 ran ok (well as good as my crap old PC let it) when I had the Vista beta with my GeForce 4. Of course 4 and 7 are different.

Is the Vista that is out now the test one or is it supposed to be the proper final product??

Vista came out finalised several months ago. I'll wait for the Service Pack before I install it on my new PC though.

Archived