E3 2007: News, Coverage and Discussion

Clarkey

It's about a month and a half away, but as they do annually, IGN have started to tally up the titles that are being showcased at this years E3:

1C Company

TBA

2K Games

TBA

2K Sports

All-Pro Football 2K8 (PS3, X360)

NBA 2K8 (PS3, X360)

NHL 2K8 (PS2, PS3, X360)

Activision

TBA

Akella

2025: Battle for Fatherland (PC)

Disciples III: Renaissance (PC)

Heavy Duty (PC)

Jagged Alliance 3 (PC)

Numen (PC)

Showdown: Scorpion (PC)

Atari

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 (PS2, Wii)

Godzilla Unleashed (DS, PSP, Wii)

The Witcher (PC)

Atlus Software

TBA

Bethesda Softworks

Fallout 3 (PC, PS3, X360)

Capcom Entertainment

Devil May Cry 4 (PC, PS3, X360)

Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law (PS2, PSP)

Mega Man Star Force: Dragon (DS)

Mega Man Star Force: Leo (DS)

Mega Man Star Force: Pegasus (DS)

Mega Man ZX Advent (DS)

Monster Hunter Freedom 2 (PSP)

MotoGP '07 (PS2)

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (DS)

Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles (Wii)

Rocketmen: Axis of Evil (PS3, X360)

Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (PC, PS3, X360)

Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (PS3, X360)

Talisman (PC, PS3, X360)

Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure (Wii)

Codemasters

Clive Barker's Jericho (PC, PS3, X360)

DiRT (PS3)

Race Driver: Create & Race (DS)

Rise of the Argonauts (PC, PS3, X360)

Turning Point: Fall of Liberty (PC, PS3, X360)

Crave Entertainment

Brunswick Pro Bowling (PS2, PSP, Wii)

Dave Mirra BMX Challenge (Wii)

Napoleon Dynamite (DS, PSP)

Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection (PS2, PSP, Wii)

Spelling Challenges and More! (DS, PSP)

D3 Publisher

Ben 10: Protector of Earth (DS, PS2, PSP, Wii)

Dark Sector (PC, PS3, X360)

Dead Head Fred (PSP)

Dragon Blade: Wrath of Fire (Wii)

Ed, Edd n Eddy: Scam of the Century (PSP)

Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution (Wii)

Naruto: Path of the Ninja (DS)

Disney Interactive Studios

High School Musical: Sing It! (PS2, Wii)

High School Musical: Makin' the Cut (DS)

Turok (PS3, X360)

Eidos Interactive

Age of Conan (PS3, X360)

Kane & Lynch: Dead Men (PC, PS3, X360)

Electronic Arts

Army of Two (PS3, X360)

Boogie (Wii)

Crysis (PC)

Hellgate: London (PC)

Madden NFL 08 (Cube, DS, PC, PS2, PS3, PSP, Wii, Xbox, X360)

Medal of Honor Airborne (PC, PS3, X360)

Mercenaries 2: World in Flames (PC, PS2, PS3, X360)

Need for Speed ProStreet (DS, PC, PS2, PS3, PSP, Wii, X360)

NASCAR 08 (PS2, PS3, X360)

NBA Live 08 (PS3, Wii, X360)

NCAA Football 08 (PS2, PS3, Xbox, X360)

Need for Speed ProStreet (DS, PC, PS2, PS3, PSP, Wii, X360)

The Orange Box (PC, PS3, X360)

skate (PS3, X360)

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08 (DS, PC, PS2, PS3, PSP, Wii, X360)

Foundation 9 Entertainment

TBA

Gamecock

Dementium: The Ward (DS)

Dungeon Hero (PC, X360)

Fury (PC)

Hail to the Chimp (PS3, X360)

Insecticide (DS, PC)

Mushroom Men (DS, Wii)

GSC GameWorld

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Project 1 (Platform TBD)

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Project 2 (Platform TBD)

id Software

id Tech 5 Project (PC, PS3, X360)

Konami Digital Entertainment

TBA

LucasArts

Fracture (PS3, X360)

LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga (DS, PS3, Wii, X360)

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (DS, PS2, PS3, PSP, X360)

Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron (PSP)

Majesco Entertainment

Fish Tycoon (DS)

Holly Hobbie & Friends (DS)

Kengo: Legend of the 9 (X360)

Nancy Drew and the Deadly Secret of Olde World Park (DS)

Operation: Vietnam (DS)

Turn it Around (DS)

The Wild West (DS)

Microsoft

TBA

Midway Games

Aqua Teen Hunger Force Zombie Ninja Pro-Am (PS2)

Blacksite: Area 51 (PC, PS3, X360)

John Woo Presents Stranglehold (PC, PS3, X360)

Unreal Tournament 3 (PC, PS3, X360)

Namco Bandai Games

TBA

Natsume

Harvest Moon 2 (DS)

Harvest Moon DS Cute (DS)

Harvest Moon Wii (Wii)

Harvest Moon: Boy and Girl (PSP)

Innocent Life: A Futuristic Harvest Moon Special Edition (PS2)

Math Play (DS)

Metropolismania 2 (PS2)

Puzzle de Harvest Moon (DS)

River King: Wonderland (DS)

Rune Factory: A Fantasy Harvest Moon (DS)

NCSoft

Aion: Tower of Eternity (PC)

Dungeon Runners (PC)

Guild Wars: Eye of the North (PC)

Richard Garriott's Tabula Rasa (PC)

Nintendo

TBA

Rebellion

TBA

SEGA

Condemned 2: Bloodshot (PS3, X360)

Sierra Entertainment

TBA

Sony Computer Entertainment

Buzz! The Mega Quiz (PS2)

Buzz Junior! Jungle Party (PS2)

God of War: Chains of Olympus (PSP)

The Eye of Judgment (PS3)

Folklore (PS3)

Heavenly Sword (PS3)

Home (PS3)

Killzone 2 (PS3)

Jeanne d'Arc (PSP)

Lair (PS3)

LittleBigPlanet (PS3)

NBA '08 (PS3, PSP)

Pain (PS3)

Pursuit Force: Extreme Justice (PSP)

Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (PS3)

SingStar (PS3)

SOCOM Confrontation (PS3)

SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Tactical Strike (PSP)

Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow (PSP)

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS3)

Warhawk (PS3)

Sony Online Entertainment

The Agency (PC, PS3)

EverQuest II: Rise of Kunark (PC)

Gods & Heroes: Rome Rising (PC)

Kung Fu Hustle (PC)

High Stakes on the Vegas Strip: Poker Edition (PS3)

Vanguard: Saga of Heroes (PC)

Square Enix

TBA

THQ

TBA

Ubisoft

TBA

Warner Bros. Interactive

F.E.A.R. Sequel (PC, PS3, X360)

FlatOut Ultimate Carnage (PC, PSP, X360)

Looney Tunes: Acme Arsenal (PS2, Wii, X360)

Looney Tunes: Duck Amuck (DS)

Not really a great deal of exciting titles yet. Killzone 2 will be interesting to see, because of the controversy of it's last showing. Littlebigplanet really interests and excites me with every showing, so should be no different here for me at least. Fracture and Hellgate: London look interesting enough. And of course the main title on everyones lips is Crysis. On a random note though, I never knew that Disney had acquired the Turok license (or at least I assume it is the Turok franchise).

I'll update this as IGN do, and from the other sites as more titles get revealed.

Edited by Clarkey

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (DS, PS2, PS3, PSP, X360)

That is the game to watch right there. I predict Game of the Year 2008.

Also, now they're coming out with the complete Lego Trilogy, hmmm, sounds interesting.

From Nintendo, I'm expecting SuperSmashBrosBrawl and Mario Galaxy.

Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles should be good. It looks at things from Umbrella's point-of-view, promising to shed light on some of the mysteries from the past games. Wesker will also be an important character this time out.

All the (main) characters from Resi 1-3 will appear in the game. The only minus point I can think of is that it's a FPS rather than a standard Resi game.

!I'm very eager to see; Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles, Dark Sector, Skate and Stranglehold.... and the entire Nintendo line-up.

EDIT: And I'm kinda interested in what Activision are going to do with Bond and of course Tony Hawk 9!

Edited by wyndorf

I can't wait for news/videos/information on Unreal Tournament 3, Made by Epic games who made Gears of War so it's going to be awesome online, no question about it.

other than that news on GTA, PGR4, the Half life 2 set and news on the 360 version of Crysis would be sweet to hear.

Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles should be good. It looks at things from Umbrella's point-of-view, promising to shed light on some of the mysteries from the past games. Wesker will also be an important character this time out.

All the (main) characters from Resi 1-3 will appear in the game. The only minus point I can think of is that it's a FPS rather than a standard Resi game.

Actually i have seen some of the footage for RE:TUC and for once i have to say it looks the poorest of all the resident evil games. Capcom have taken it back to the roots of the gun series. The main characters in the game is Jill, Chris, Billy (from RE:0) and i think wesker.

The footage shows them back into the mansion and it asks the question are wii owners being hard done by with this game in the RE series?

From Console Monster, but being speculated around the web:

Here is something to think about before the following gets taken down or totally dismissed. So grab that handful of salt...ready? OK...

Details on Microsoft's E3 announcements have been supposedly leaked via an "E3 Floor Manager" and has in turn made its way onto the interweb via a number of forums and sites. The "leak" shares some juicy details that will get most 360 owners excited if the following is in fact true.

* Microsoft start first at 6.30pm GMT+0:00.

* New Crimson Skies game to be announced.

* Bungie working on new title/series not related to anything in the Halo/Marathon Universe.

* Epic Games to show some gorm of Gears of War 2 Trailer.

* Microsoft have bought the Star Wars Battlefront 3 rights. Trailer/Demo to be shown.

* Rare to show off Banjo Kazooie 3 (Banjo-Theerie).

* Rare to announce 2 new games.

* Rare to announce Kameo 2.

* Lionhead Studios show more of Fable 2.

* Microsoft to fund a new game based on Jason Bourne. It'll be based on the books and not the film with Matt Damon.

* Team Ninja to show off Ninja Gaiden 2. Labeled 360 Exclusive.

* Apparently there's news of a MGS Game for the 360. May or may not be the 4th Installment.

* Dead Rising 2 to be shown. May not be ready.

If any of the above does come to light then we are in for a treat this coming July. Feel free to speculate or dismiss the above by leaving a comment below.

Talk about stating the frigging obvious to be honest. I could have sat and made that up....still hope it's true mind!

• 2 weeks later...
Microsoft plans to repeat its trick of beaming E3 into your living rooms next week, promising that high-definition trailers and playable game demos will be among the treats that form part of its second annual "E3: Bringing It Home" selection on Xbox Live Marketplace.

Advertisement

Last year's E3 offering included a playable demo of Lost Planet: Extreme Condition, and while the platform holder isn't confirming which games will be offered in playable form this year, it has identified some of those that will be covered by a range of "trailers, themes, gamer pictures and demos" - including Assassin's Creed, BioShock and Project Gotham Racing 4.

The other name-checked titles are Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation, Blue Dragon, Burnout Paradise, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, FIFA 08, Guitar Hero III, Lost Odyssey, Madden 08, NCAA Football 08, Need For Speed: ProStreet, The Simpsons, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08 and WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2008.

The release of assets on Live will take place between Tuesday, 10th July and Friday, 13th July. The company's pre-E3 press conference, held on 10th July at 8.30pm PDT (or 4.30am BST on Wednesday, 11th July for you), will be offered as a high-definition video download during that period, but won't be simulcast on Live. (Do you like the word simulcast? We're thinking of using it more often. Also: caribou.)

Anyway, Microsoft says that you should keep an eye on its E3 Marketplace Ticker for more information on things as they emerge. And of course don't be surprised to see games missing from the above list emerge in some form as well. We're sure there's something that's not on there. Something to do with gnomes.

I can't wait to be honest, if you couldn't tell I love all the hype and anticipation for titles that this all brings. And with E3 now becoming a closed shop, it lets the public still get a glimpse; well XBox 360 owners with Live anyways.

Here's the conference time table, Eurogamer even kindly changed the times for us UKers:

Wednesday, 11th July

* 04:30 - Microsoft

* 17:00 - Nintendo

* 19:30 - Sony Computer Entertainment

* 22:00 - Electronic Arts

* 23:15 - Activision

Thursday, 12th July

* 00:30 - Midway

* 01:45 - Konami

* 16:00 - Take-Two

* 17:15 - THQ

* 18:30 - Ubisoft

* 23:30 - Disney Interactive

Wednesday seems like it will be the day to follow, but the Thursday could have a quite a few sleepers. Midway and THQ the same day, possibility of SD vs Raw '07 vs TNA: Impact. Midway get a chance to one up THQ anyways, with their earlier showing.

Just a little precursor as I am sure MS will show it off tomorrow, but PGR4 has a new addition, motorbikes. From Eurogamer:

Bizarre Creations has finally confirmed that Project Gotham Racing 4 will feature our favourite robotic friends, motorbikes.

But these won't just be any old two-wheelers, the developer was keen to point out on its website - instead they will be special PGR4-styled machines. This means they'll have the same lavish amount of detail the cars enjoy, with a heavy emphasis on fun rather than realistic and difficult handling.

Advertisement

So, yes, you'll be able to wheelie irresponsibly, or brake too sharply and thrust your rear in the air. In fact, just pulling off dare-devil bits and pieces like this will actually reward you by giving you Kudos points. Power-sliding through corners and hitting the ominous "Stunt Button" will be the best ways of racking this up.

And don't worry about the effect motorbikes will have on the overall game. Bizarre is still insistent that cars are the real first love, although there won't be that much difference between the two vehicles if they're both top of the range - you'll be in for a tough race whichever you choose.

However, should you be a little fussy, then cars might handle better through tight corners and bikes sometimes display better acceleration.

Bizarre plans to show off the robotic horses of the 21st Century in new videos over the coming weeks, once it gets the all clear from publisher Microsoft. Included in these will be a look at the iconic machines in the line-up - each selected for its historical impact, so no scooters allowed - as well as a new game map in the shape of Chinese mainland city Macau.

Screenshots, here.