Profile Problems

han89

I see this was brought up on the Genocide Thread and so we don't go off topic, i thought i say it here. Since not all our profiles are perfect, and since I had a profile problem while writing the Genocide match, I thought I make this thread so that everyone who has something to say about someone else's profile does it here.

Now about what I have to say: Anime, this is the second match I get to write with JDZ and this time, I faced MANY problems with your set of moves. let's have a look at those moves:

Normal Moves:

all sorts of regular punches and kicks

spring board plancha

standing moonsault

missile dropkick

Stinger Splash

baseball slide

flying armbar

Cornerpost Bow and Arrow

Double Stomp

Tree of woe to either an Umaga style flying headbutt or baseball slide

flying clothesline

top rope clothesline

leg lariat

Running top rope belly to belly suplex (like Kurt Angle)

Chain punches 10 very fast punches in the corner

Signature Move(s) Chestburster (360 superkick to the chest)

Triple Jump SSP

Top rope Asai moonsault

Top rope Lionsault

Pinball Wizard (Shining Wizard to a standing opponent)

The Viper Club (Camel Clutch sleeper)

Crossover Hit (RVD Inzerugi)

Plot Twist (JDZ is whipped into the corner followed by his opponent but controls his momentum so he can run up the turnbuckles and immediatly moonsault over his adversary, grabs them from behind and hits the back cracker)

Finishing Move(s) Rising Star Splash (450 splash with a backwards jump, once established this would become the Super Star splash)

Hollywood Babylon: sits on the top turnbuckle and gets his opponent to stand on the bottom rope facing away from him then pulls his opponents arms behind their back and flips off the top over their head driving them into the mat and locking in a Cattle Mutilation)

99% of your moves are either special flying kicks or martial art jumping/flying moves. You have practically NO normal moves that don't require jumping or flying or a turnbuckle or a ladder or heights.

This has made me frustrated while writing the Genocide match. It didn't bother me the first time as I didn't use a lot of moves in the first match, but now, I had a writer's block at some point because I couldn't find anything else but flying moves in front of me.

I am not saying this to blame/be sacrastic or anything else...I am just trying to give people who write with JDZ the ability to be at ease while writing for a very diversified character and not a narrow move set.

Am I right?

I think the point of the discussion was that you used a sharpshooter.

A) Not in his profile

B) A Technical move

C) No Technical ability on his character

So the bottom line I think is stick to the profile as much as possible but if a move works for their character then it's ok to use it on an odd ocassion. If it doesn't like in this case, don't use it.

Normal Moves all sorts of regular punches and kicks

spring board plancha

standing moonsault

missile dropkick

Stinger Splash

baseball slide

flying armbar

Cornerpost Bow and Arrow

Double Stomp

Tree of woe to either a shooting star headbutt or baseball slide

flying clothesline

top rope clothesline

leg lariat

Running top rope belly to belly suplex (like Kurt Angle)

Chain punches 10 very fast punches in the corner

Dropkick

Enzigieri

Elbow strikes

Yakuza Kick

Signature Move(s) Chestburster (360 superkick to the chest)

Triple Jump SSP

Top rope Asai moonsault

Top rope Lionsault

Pinball Wizard (Shining Wizard to a standing opponent)

The Viper Room (Camel Clutch sleeper)

Crossover Hit (RVD Enzigieri)

Plot Twist (JDZ is whipped into the corner followed by his opponent but controls his momentum so he can run up the turnbuckles and immediatly moonsault over his adversary, grabs them from behind and hits the back cracker)

Finishing Move(s) Rising Star Splash (450 splash with a backwards jump, once established this would become the Super Star splash)

Hollywood Babylon: sits on the top turnbuckle and gets his opponent to stand on the bottom rope facing away from him then pulls his opponents arms behind their back and flips off the top over their head driving them into the mat and locking in a Cattle Mutilation)

The new version of the Profile. Not very different, you added a few kicks which didn't do any good to me (I had those but didn't use them).

As for the sharpshooter, I missed that whole technical but it was the only move I had in mind at the time. Next time I will just have JDZ jump, TLA go down, JDZ run to turnbuckle/rope, TLA gets up, JDZ jumps...etc and so on!

That's all you have AO in your profile. jumping and flying. It gets boring after a while. That's my opinion.

I think the point of the discussion was that you used a sharpshooter.

A) Not in his profile

B) A Technical move

C) No Technical ability on his character

So the bottom line I think is stick to the profile as much as possible but if a move works for their character then it's ok to use it on an odd ocassion. If it doesn't like in this case, don't use it.

Actually the problem really is that he used it as a highflying move as opposed to the flying clotheseline which is in the profile.

Well done Han, you've gone the right way to make sure no one wants to work with you in the future. If your going to just do what you want why not just write match where you win the title, kill the entire roster and pink soap monkeys fly out of your arse? I officialy want to note that I'd rather not work with someone who would just write as they please with someone elses character regardless of what the other writer has requested....

Whatever...You are making this seem like I made the match a ladder match for the WHC title and made TLA the champion. All i did was use a louzy move for a character who has a very narrow move set that i got sick of. Therefore i will not be writing anymore for JDZ because I ran out of ideas as all his moves are A LOT repeatitive.

I have been doing every single JDZ vs TLA match until now (3) and it is becoming too repeatitive because of the look alike moves.

You want to still be stubborn and make a big deal of this so be it! let's wait until you have to write 3 same matches with few look alike moves and then come and critisize me for using something funny in the match and an off profile move.

Now people, this has been going on and on and on because of a little misunderstanding. The thing is YES i did write sharp shooter but it was NOTHING NEAR what i wanted to write. the move is suposed to be a shooting star press!!! sorry guys for all this confusion.

http://www.wrestlingencyclopedia.com/dictmovesSa.html

I saw the AJ Styles shooting star press here and liked it and then saw sharp shooter a few moves higher and wrote it inadvertently!!!!!

GUYS, i am really sorry. i was defending my point of view as what i thought i wrote (the press) WAS a flying move. it's a misunderstanding...

Listen mate i'm not the one who after being asked to specifcaly NOT put something in a match thought they were smart enought to just put it in anyway. You have absolutly no basis to argue back on this one Han. If you want to talk about borring monotenous profiles look at your own. I sturggled valiantly with your for the match I wrote last week.

If you want to mess about and put whatever you want in a match regardless then my point is why would anyone want to let you do that to their character? I certainly don't and anyone with any sense wouldn't either..

By the way 2 out of those 3 "matches" you wrote weren;t exactly MOTY candidates either. Anime's first match was better than your combined portfolio at the moment. I've written tons of matches using the same profiles! I wrote 70% of all the matches in the CR V New Blood series so don;t even try and lecture me about that boy....

Just so you know, there's nothing wrong with AO's profile - think about the fliers in TNA or WWE, most very rarely hit punches or kicks before doing somethiing flashy.

Watch a RVD match, he starts off with a couple of forearm clubs, then starts throwing kicks and begins to move into his "bigger" moves.

Look at most of the high flying X-Division stars, there's a few punches/kicks before they begin to move at speed and fly about.

I feel that you can generally use the "style" of the wrestler more than the move-list and take minor liberties with the beginning of the match, but the problem is that it was the ending of the match.

I've changed the move in the match to be a SSP, but it still should have been a Sig or Finisher.

Coming from a non-writer on here, but someone who reads avidly, I think there are 2 problems.

One-Anime is being a bit over protecive of his character, which is understandable as he's new, and wants the character to come across just right. But Taj, hun, you need to chill. He came across fine-yes, slightly heelish with the sign thing but not badly.

Two-Han I feel is being a bit of a twit. You need to get that it doesn't matter if YOU feel his moves are boring, the fact is they are his moves.If you didn't feel you could write JDZ up as the profile says, maybe you shouldn't have done it at all?

Point two is excellently made Nimf. the problemis as a non writer is probably dos seem like its all a bit out of proportion but for the sake of clarity imagine if you were at work, you've been asked to write up a major project with a colleague. after thrahsing out ideas that you both agree on. you turn up at the presentaion only to find out that your trusted colleague has altered all the bits YOU wanted to put in and has made your ideas the opposite of what you meant........ annoying isn;t it! :)

Oh I get that, Alpha, I've had that sort of thing happen before and it does suck...But i think both of the chappies involved need to remember that this IS just a bit of fun. Not to belittle what it is-I know the writers love what they do (i lose my other half for an entire evening most weeks...). But they need to remember it's not work, it's fun...well, supposed to be!

From a maker-of-matches point of view, Han is one of the best people on the roster. He almost always promos, he always offers to write his match if he has one, he always comes up with ideas, and he has enthusiasm by the bucket-load.

Also, after PMing him plenty, I know that he is keen to learn and develop. So that's a good thing :) :xyx.

The biggest issue I have with Han is that his matches can be a bit OTT, a bit overly-dramatic. If I say to him "Sickness cheats to win" he will write that Sickness is the biggest cheat ever since Ben Johnson. If I write, "TLA is to make the table catch fire" then it's the biggest fire since The Great Fire of London. And people then leap through that fire and get pinfalls, or at least attempt pinfalls, whilst in the fire.

Whilst there is no problem with someone trying to make their match as memorable as possible, and Han is innocent, not guilty of having pride in what he does; sometimes the almost cartoonish OTTness of his matches can disappoint some people.

As with anyone, Han has (pretty much) a free licence to do whatever he wants with regards to promoing himself backstage, but when it comes to match writing, and dealing with other people's characters, I think the adage "less is more" is quite apt. :)

Cheers!

But if you don't respect the thoughts of the other people you are working with I don't really care how enthusiastic he is or how many of HIS ideas he pushes. If his quality was anywhere near his quantity then he probably would be one of the best writers in the fed. As it is his matches are oftne disjointed, lack consistency and are filled with spot after sport with no flow to the entire match.

Boyo, you have to be honest here and admit that you can't stick up for someone if they blatantly ignore what the other person in their feud asks them to not put it! It's just rude if nothing else.....

1) Guys, as long as I care, you can do whatever you want with the sign thing, have JDZ look at it then move his head in disaproval, have a bad face of it, do whatever you want, change it, but what i really care about is the thing on the sign. I give up trying to make you understand that one line in an 11 pages match is nothing to do a big fuss on. So if your colleague at work Alpha Male changed a line, it's not a big disaster.

2) HIS ideas he puches??? I had a very different view of the match and wanted it in another way but after talking to Boyo and shooting ideas to give JDZ the push he needed, the all "prove himself thing", and making him look like the solid guy in the match dispite TLA doing his tricks, that is pushing my idea. good then! :xyx I have nothing to say anymore then...

3) I know what you mean Boyo. I thank you for your nice words and I just got what you mean. Yes, my matches are over dramatic and are too OTT but they are only like that at the moment because the feud demands me to be so. If you feel i am TOO OTT, then i will not do all this dramatic thing. No problem! :xyx

4) Mr. Fill: Yes I know what the high flying division is. I am a big RVD fan and i know exactly how he wrestles. And even RVD has some in ring ground moves. All i am asking for is to add from 2 to 3 stuff like suplexes and stuff like that so I and anyone who is writing for him don't give him moves that are not his when we need to use something that is not high flying or jumping. But you all seem to want to shoot me.

5) As for the SSP as the ending of the match: I had two choices in front of me, the SSP or the clotheline from the ring down to the ramp. I thought that the SSP, even if it didn't exist in the profile, would be a more beautiful finish to the match. a clotheline would have been very normal, but the SSP, it gives JDZ class!

1) If you don;t really care why twist your undwear in a knot when JDZ told you he didn;t like it? The REAL point is that he had asked you BEFORE the match not to put it in and you still did.

2) Dude, the booking is the booking. It doesn;t matter if you want to win every match your in it what the people who rnu the show think. So far all of those people have agreed that your "mistakes" are not good and one of the was a very disrespectful gesture towards Anime (as pointed out above). I don't think you've "pushed" JDZ to any great heights in your work, you've not made him look brilliant just as you haven;t taken any damage to your character either. Anime has so far only written one match and done some excellent promo's, thats how these things go. You can't be pushed from someone elses work!

3) do you also agree with Boyo that I have a point?

4)We all want you to see that ignoring people isn't on ad that you've really got to be careful with other peoples work and not just go with how you feel all the time. Had you put your hand up and said "sorry, shoudln;t have done the sigbn thing and I should have checked the profil more carefuly" you wouldn;t have gotten shot at so much...

5) Both of JDZ's finishing moves are top turnbuckle stuff so the arguement that you had to make up this new finishing move is just bulls***t. If you had actual read his profile correctly you wuold see that and realise how silly you sound now!

Boyo, you have to be honest here and admit that you can't stick up for someone if they blatantly ignore what the other person in their feud asks them to not put it! It's just rude if nothing else.....

As far as I'm concerned unless the person you're feuding with has gone awol, behaviour of this type is unacceptable and unprofessional and although Han is one of Boyo's charges I will be taking responsibility for any actions taken against him (and at this stage that is up for discussion).

Han, movesets may be the same (no one changes their move set every week - not even Gringo :P) but for you to call it boring is a fault in your own writing and imagination, not the profile. It is down to you as a writer to make the matches innovative and interesting within the confines of the match booking, feud status and profile. If you cannot do this then seek further guidance or training, or just watch some matches. It's not the big moves that make the math but the attention to detail and little things that you can add as a writer.

I'm disappointed that this has developed into a full blown argument, you have weeks not just one week to write a PPV match and should ensure that it is proof read and mistake free before sending it to myself and Boyo.

Boyo, please stop publically showing a huge favouritism towards your workers in spite of their work. I understand you are bound to enjoy feuds you've booked but you are also aware of the rest of the TWOstars team's views with regarding Han as a worker.