Genocide Discussion Thread

Christof

Seriously good PPV. Highlights for me are definatly the ME which was AMAZING! The I Quit match kicked ass as well. The 6 man tag was also surprisingly good I was impressed. Tag Team match was also good as was the US Title match. I skipped the JDZ/TLA match as it hadn;t been edited yet.

So an excellent PPV all in all. I'm knowm looking forward to see where the WHC storyline goes from here....

I've been nice and edited the JDZ/TLA match to space it out.

I've not read any of the PPV yet as I've got the show to finish reading, but in all honesty I thought that the tag title match was "weak" when I was writing it - I've just not had my mind completely on it. Sorry.

Only half noticed an issue with the formatting of Han's as I was copying it out of word. When I merged it with Anime's word document I noticed the formatting drop down had changed but I was already running late for work (see, I was even late for work for you guys!) and it didn't register enough interest with me to be given much attention.

Well I've only read the KOTM and the TV title match and what can I say, top stuff guys.

Really great matches that were entertaining from start to finish.

BTW this line from the ME made me chuckle "PH: Who let the Gower out? Who, who, who, who?". :lol

Anywhoo I gotta get ready for school (Yes I know, school sucks) so I'll give my full review of the PPV when I get home.

EDIT: Also whoever did the opening promo for the PPV, really awesome job, it really amped the ME match really good.

Edited by Drake

EDIT: Also whoever did the opening promo for the PPV, really awesome job, it really amped the ME match really good.

That was Baz, I asked him if he could throw a little something together yesterday.

All credits will be up later once I'm in the office

Only half noticed an issue with the formatting of Han's as I was copying it out of word. When I merged it with Anime's word document I noticed the formatting drop down had changed but I was already running late for work (see, I was even late for work for you guys!) and it didn't register enough interest with me to be given much attention.

We apreciate :xyx giving us time of your work this morning to post the PPV which is already late.

It seems though that each PPV there is something wrong with the formating of my match and it sure doesn't come from me! I am not blaming or doing anything like that or shooting at anyone anything, I am just pointing out a coincidence and HOPE that next time, it gets more attention...for whoever's match gets formation problems! :thumbsup

Han there was no need to bring something from the other thread. Drop it!

Thanks for the kind words Drake on both the video and the Main Event, glad you like them both:)

Matches that stood out for me, was the I Quit and the United States Title match. Both well writing, so well done to whoever did:)

We apreciate :xyx giving us time of your work this morning to post the PPV which is already late.

It seems though that each PPV there is something wrong with the formating of my match and it sure doesn't come from me! I am not blaming or doing anything like that or shooting at anyone anything, I am just pointing out a coincidence and HOPE that next time, it gets more attention...for whoever's match gets formation problems! :thumbsup

Han we'll ignore your attitude as that should have been left in the previous thread, but unfortunately you can't manage that.

The formatting was ok for everyone else's files. I will just double check all the files to confirm this, but everyone elses cut and pasted perfectly fine into word and back out again.

Edit - Just checked the file Han sent, the formatting is "Normal + Black" - when I clear the formatting you lose all of the lines inbetween. I've had this issue with your work in the past. If you change your formatting to either Normal or just clear formatting and re edit it yourself that would be great in future.

All - Just to reiterate, it is not the job of myself or Boyo to edit your work with a fine tooth comb, we expect you to be able to do this.

Edited by Christof

I've not seen the original document, but if you're using Words "paragraph spacing" to add the gaps, then taking that into a standard text file it will drop back to single spacing.

The easiest solution is to just hit Return an extra time at the end of every paragraph/line, this will mean that it copies cleanly, and you can add a little extra spacing where you need it.

It's not a big issue, so let's not make this into a big argument and get back to discussing the PPV matches themselves.

I just looked at the TLA vs. JDZ match. I'd said before when discussing a previous match that I didn't want JDZ to go about ripping up a fans sign because I think it's a heelish thing to do, but Han has him doing it in this match. Also, Sharp Shooter? Thats not in JDZ move list and its not a flying move!

Good spot Anime, Han plea be carefull not to stray too far away from peoples profiles. You've got to work with what they give you not how you think it should go....

1) There is nothing against using a move that someone doesn't have. It's not like a rule or something. Nothing fitted from the series of moves JDZ has in his profile to do what was suposed to happen and using an off profile move is not wrong. It's not like I made the whole match with non flying moves. Oh and by the way, it's not that easy to write a match with ONLY flying moves. It gets on your nerves eventually. And a sharp shooter like I saw AJ Styles do when I got the idea was perfect for JDZ after not being able to find something too fitting IMO.

2) What's the big deal of adding a fun line to the match? You don't need to be all angry about something that is to make the reader (especially Telf and Christof) laugh about it and go on. It's not like what JDZ did is going to mark him as a permanent heel or something. AO, you need to chill out.

3) Christof, I am not taking any attitude and I already said this. I had no idea of the formating thing and that's how I always write my documents. I never knew that this would cause a problem when coping over here and upon your request, I will use the normal formating from now on. Thank you for pointing that out. How about this for an attitude? You don't always need to feel like I am being sarcastic or blaming! :thumbsup :xyx :thumbsup and as would Boyo say: CHEERS!

EDIT - Anime, http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/forum/showthread.php?p=512457#post512457

So we don't intrude on this thread.

Edited by han89

Han if he talked to you anbd asked you not to do something and you go and do the exact opposite that's not on. The Sharpsooter is a technical move and as far as I recall JDZ does not have highly technical in his profile. Hlaf boston crabe or a simple leg hold maybe but Sharpsooter isn't right. JDZ isn;t Styles so why on earth would you write as if he was? The guy who wrote the character says it's wrong but you know better becuase....?

Remember the next time someone is writing a match invovling TLA and you ask them to put you over and they treat you like a b*tch not to complain. Simple courtesy dictates that you are in the wrong.

Han if he talked to you anbd asked you not to do something and you go and do the exact opposite that's not on. The Sharpsooter is a technical move and as far as I recall JDZ does not have highly technical in his profile. Hlaf boston crabe or a simple leg hold maybe but Sharpsooter isn't right. JDZ isn;t Styles so why on earth would you write as if he was? The guy who wrote the character says it's wrong but you know better becuase....?

Remember the next time someone is writing a match invovling TLA and you ask them to put you over and they treat you like a b*tch not to complain. Simple courtesy dictates that you are in the wrong.

...because I am writing the match. That's how I saw it, it looked good on TV and it will here, so one move is not something to make a big fuss. And about the sign thing, I won't say anything, I put it and it's there and it's funny. Sarcasen made a big fuss once of being used in the battle royal a few monthes ago and how he was miss used and so on while TLA was ridiculised in that match. Something that big could have gotten more anger from me to the booker/writer but i didn't, because it was funny and it was nice. I am not discussing this anymore, things are what i meant them to be.

Well done Han, you've gone the right way to make sure no one wants to work with you in the future. If your going to just do what you want why not just write match where you win the title, kill the entire roster and pink soap monkeys fly out of your arse? I officialy want to note that I'd rather not work with someone who would just write as they please with someone elses character regardless of what the other writer has requested....
  • Like 1

Well done Han, you've gone the right way to make sure no one wants to work with you in the future. If your going to just do what you want why not just write match where you win the title, kill the entire roster and pink soap monkeys fly out of your arse? I officialy want to note that I'd rather not work with someone who would just write as they please with someone elses character regardless of what the other writer has requested....

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/forum/showthread.php?p=512476#post512476

Go here. replying to you there.

Just one point about the (wrongly named) move at the end of the match - it was the final move of the match then it should have been a Signature of Finishing move, it's something to signify the end of the match, not a spot that you just throw in there.

EDIT: I've updated the match to JDZ hitting a SSP rather than the Sharp Shooter.

Edited by MrFill

Thank you Fill! It's a very confusing mistake I made and now it may be clearer. and I said why i used on the other thread.

now for Genocide, Great start of show, loved the promo. haven't finished the KOTM match yet but Baz, "chapeau bas" (french for I freaken loved it!)