The Rock's promo on RAW

TsuMirren

It was another installment of the Rock and Coach show:

Hyping up his main event with Flair, the Rock told the crowd how his straight man the Coach likes to go back to his farmyard home, get drunk and spend some time with the animals.

"The Rock knows you like to get drunk and stick your microphone up the cows' rectums" was one line.

Coach then admitted it did happen once, even though the Rock said he had been joking.

Incidentally, I found this promo 10 times more entertaining than HHH droning on: "Shawn, I outsmarted you, cos I am that damn good, I am the Game and now you know it, you are going to have to face it that I am the Game, I'll keep repeating this in my incredibly monotonous delivery for the next ten minutes " effort.

Actually I don't know if it was 10 minutes because I pressed mute halfway through

Edited by Grapple

It's the same crap every week with The Rock though, absolutely the same damned thing only this week it was a cow and next week it'll be a Llama...week after that it'll be skunk, then a badger, then blah blah blah blah freaking blah. It's crap!

I beg of you, look back at all the great face promos and you'll see that they make sense and build the matches. All The Rock proves is that he's immature and can't come up with decent material, I really don't see how Russo can be shot down for saying The Rock should display homosexual tendencies as he's pretty damned obviously the most homophobic character currently on WWE TV.

Guest KidKrazy

WWF's product has improved, BIG time.

There should be no problem with Stephanie McMahon being back on TV... The girl is *hot*

Bischoff has made a U turn in WWE programming.

Rock's promos appealed to me when I was 15, but not so much only 2 years later......Tsu is right, it's getting very lame very fast. There can be funny bits here and there, but not often these days. Truth is though, as long as the fans react to he promos Rocky cuts, he will continue to do them........and one thing Rock's promos do do is make the fans react, so we're not gunna see the end of them for a very long time.

Originally posted by Jerichoholic

Tsu, that was quite harsh! Although The Rocks promos are a bit over the top, they are amusing and the crowd react well to them. Rocky posseses good mic skills, so he may aswell put them to use.

I think his mic skills are a bit better than good. The guy is the most comfortable person there has ever been on a microphone and your kidding yourself on if you think otherwise.

Originally posted by The Crippler

I think his mic skills are a bit better than good. The guy is the most comfortable person there has ever been on a microphone and your kidding yourself on if you think otherwise.

I would almost totally agree with that but I'm not sure if even 'The Rock' is more naturally gifted or the ''most comfortable person there has ever been on the mic'' compared to the likes of Jake Roberts,Ted Dibiase,Bobby Heenan,Hulk Hogan and Roddy Piper.

All the above wrestlers were absolutely terrific on the mic and (maybe barring Hogan) didn't resort to numerous catch-phrases to be entertaining either.

Edited by sam bird

Originally posted by TsuMirren

It's the same crap every week with The Rock though, absolutely the same damned thing only this week it was a cow and next week it'll be a Llama...week after that it'll be skunk, then a badger, then blah blah blah blah freaking blah. It's crap!

A Llama would have made it better... :xyx

Without a doubt the worst promo from Rock, since his "Blue Chiper" days... Although it was the lowest point of the show, still an improvement in the over all production of RAW.

Gah. Leave Rocky alone already! So the Ric Flair strutting bit in his interview was extremely irritating but it was far better than HHH's droning promo anyway!

Most of the WWE fans enjoy seeing his promos, and it was all part of Raw being the far better show once again. Theres no point in watching Smackdown anymore. There are a couple of things on Smackdown which I'd like to see on Raw, but if it means I dont have to see Stephanie through just watching Raw, Its a sacrifice I'll make.