Will the Rock wrestle?

Guest rvd420

Guest porridge

To be honest, who knows?

I can't even remember the last time he appeared in WWE! If he wrestle anywhere it'd be Wrestlemania 23 or as a longshot, Summerslam '06. But it'll all depend on his movie schedule.

But I do know that when The Great One, fiiiiinallly comes back to the W..W..E, the roof will be blown off the building!

Guest Craig P

no chance in hell hes been qouted in interviews saying hes dine everything hes wanted to do in the ring and has no desire to return.

because the money he makes in wwe is peanuts compared to hollywood money.

Edited by Craig P

Guest porridge
no chance in hell hes been qouted in interviews saying hes dine everything hes wanted to do in the ring and has no desire to return.

Bwaiswa the money he makes in wwe is peanuts compared to hollywood money.

What's "Bwaiswa"????????????

And he wouldn't return for the money, he doesn't need to. He'd come back purely for the love of the business and in gratitude to Vince & the WWE.

What's "Bwaiswa"????????????

And he wouldn't return for the money, he doesn't need to. He'd come back purely for the love of the business and in gratitude to Vince & the WWE.

Ah I got it! It's "besides" If you look he screwed up the "E" and the "S" because they're right next to "W" and "A" respectively.

Guest MrFill

The only way I could see him return would be like his last in-ring appearance, with Mick.

But seeing as his conditioning was HORRIBLE, and he'd lost a lot of size, I can't see him doing anything "serious".

Guest the HiTman

Plus that chest tatoo looks ridiculous and should be covered at all times....infact I think he is so embarrased about it that its the reason he 'retired' in the first place :P

Other than Fill, who else agrees that Rock looked a little 'gay' coming towards the end of his time? The goatee and that tatoo plus the fact that he weighed about 2 stone less?

I don't like wrestlers returning when they have retired because I know it usually won't be long term and takes the meaning away from their appearance. That said, I try to enjoy it when they do return and take it for what it is.

Guest Down In Albion

I'm sure it will happen, but it won't be for a while yet.

Even then i expect it will be something like Mr.Fill said, a last match or something.

Whenever i have seen The Rock doing interviews he always seems like he wants to talk about anything, apart from wrestling.

Or maybe that's just me.

Whenever i have seen The Rock doing interviews he always seems like he wants to talk about anything, apart from wrestling.

Or maybe that's just me.

No i caught that aswell, when he was at a Film premier and he was being interviews whilst walking on the red carpet he was asked to do the People's Eyebrow and he looked around to make sure no one was looking to avoid "embarrasment"

Guest rawiswar
Hey maybe Rock finally gets a little bored of the movie business and comes back to wrestling full time. You never know, the guy is still fairly young he's got plenty years ahead of him, even when he's in his late 30's he could return for good, why not? HBK returned when he was.

The one thing i noticed aswell was when The Roc was last on Byte This he didnt have a clue about the Product, he was asking if the WWE had a lightweight title, he didnt know who the champions were, he didnt know half the roster, this was back in 2003, if i was Vince and Rock wanted to return i'd make him stay and home for a good few months so he can catch-up.

Guest Dickie Hyde

Bwaiswa the money he makes in wwe is peanuts compared to hollywood money.

That seems like a typo for "Besides" judging from where the keys are. EDIT: Seems Twiggie beat me to it! :P

:lol Anyway...

Yes, i dont think The Rock will wrestle a match this year, and if he does, as mentioned above, it will be for the love of the business and gratitude to Vince and the WWE. Simple. I think The Rock may make an appearance somewhere along the lines near the end of the year. Maybe at something like Saturday Night ME. Or if there's a PPV/RAw in Hollywood!

Dickie

Edited by Dickie Hyde

Guest Jonny

The Rock has a busy schedule at the moment as filming and promoting his latest films:

Instant Karma (2005) (filming)

Gridiron Gang (2006) (completed) as "Sean Porter"

Johnny Bravo (2006) (in production, release date set for Nov.21) as "Johnny Bravo"

Southland Tales (2006) (post-production) as "Boxer Santaros"

Spy Hunter (2006) (pre-production) as "Alec Decker"

Reno 911: The Movie as Himself

Everyone Tinkles: The Nayt Haddad Movie as Himself

We may see him in 2007 :(

Guest Hemme

I think down the line he will, not in the near future, but sometime. The guy grew up in the sport so I doubt he'll never set foot in a ring again, it's in his blood.

I don't blame him from avoiding wrestling for the time being as he's trying to establish himself in hollywood properly instead of going back in the ring every couple of months.

Guest Dave7g
If the Rock comes back' date=' it will be to face Vince in a street fight.[/quote']

Sources??? :?

The Rock as of his next movie Southland Tales will be known as Dwayne Johnson. The Rock is no more. So that's a little indication of when he's going to return to WWE...never!!

Guest Jonny
He will come back, never is bollox to be honest. Give it a couple of years and he be back for a couple of PPVS. Edited by MrFill

Guest Craig Van Dam
In wrestling I always used the "never say never" rule, it is very unlikely that The Rock will wrestle in the next year or so however I think somewhere down the line WWE and Rock will work together again, I mean he is 33 now so he still has time on his side for when he either gets bored or his acting career slows down

I think he will definately be in a WWE ring again, but maybe just for an interview/promo/segment, I can't see him wrestling a high profile match ever again.

Guest porridge

To say he won't appear in a WWE ring ever again is absolute tosh. As Craig Van Dam said, never say never. The guy owes a lot to the WWE and in no way would he be "embarassed" about talking about wrestling or returning to the ring. What rubbish. I'm sure at this point in time he just wants to concentrate on really forging out his movie career, hence why he'd prefer to talk about that.

He will be back one day, maybe not in the next year but I'm sure he'll wrestle again.

Edited by porridge

Guest big smithers

Dwayne has distanced himself from the squared circle at every opportunity. He is one of the only guys who has genuienly gone out on top and in his prime.

This guy owes WWE nothing, he made them a fortune and now he's moved on. He likes the fact that he has moved on to bigger and better things. I agree that he may come back for a one off match in a few years. Perhaps once he's over 40 and his movie schedule dies down he may consider the pay day. I think it's fancyfull to think anything else.

Guest porridge

Think this ends the argument.

Source: WWE.COM

WWE.com asked The Rock if fans will see him on RAW or SmackDown in the near future. He answered as only The Rock can, “Just as sure as I whoop ass and have a million dollar smile! Don’t think I’m ever going away for good. I’ll show up when you least expect it!”