The World Cup!

Guest Gothic Angel

Guest Gothic Angel

What teams are you looking forward to seeing getting beat?

Are their any outer team besides England you will support?

I want to see if Brazil get beat and waiting to see England swan to victory?:P

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Genetic Jackhammer
Well I wont be supporting England thats for sure :xyx cant wait to see them hopefully get beat in quarters or semi finals.Im on for Argentina to win it, they have a really good team on paper I just hope they can utilize all the greatness onto the World Cup.I also am looking forward to watching Mexico, Serbia and Brazil playing.........

Guest Jimmy Redman

I am obviously looking forward to the Socceroos, although I dont have an inflated sense of how well they'll go. I doubt that they'll make it into the knockouts. But still, we're in the World Cup, who gives a f***.

I just dont want Brazil to win.

Guest Jimmy Redman
Why dont ya want Brazil to win??

Because I've never really liked them. I know they're good, maybe thats why I dont. And they won last time.

Guest The Genetic Jackhammer
Because I've never really liked them. I know they're good' date=' maybe thats why I dont. And they won last time.[/quote']

Oh right I was just wondering...........yous will win the world cup with kewell on your team :eek :thumbsup

Guest FreeSpirit

I just want to see England, Sweden and Paraguay get beaten by my home country Trinidad And Tobago. Then every team who faces T&T get beaten as well.

Just picture it, 2006 World Champions: Trinidad and Tobago! :lol :lol

Guest Wolverine

I am throwing my full support behind the Ivory Coast. I like practically everyone on their team (it's not just Drogba, I love Kolo Toure, Yaya Toure, Zokora and Dindane just as much as him). So, I'd be ecstatic if the Cote d'Ivoire could win it. Realistically they won't, but I do fancy them to get out of their group.

I'm offering the gamblers in my school a £5 bet that Brazil won't win the cup. So far, no-one's taken me up on it. I'm with Redman, I don't like them that much.

And I don't mind the English. I'll support them in some games but not others (i.e. Trinidad & Tobago).

Guest MojoPogo
Brazil will probably win it. England DO have a great chance, as long as they dont implode as usually happens, dont write off Argentina, Italy, or even Germany either though. I hope theres a surprise package again, like another Senegal, thats the kind of thing that MAKES the tourney!

I always look at Portugal as a team waiting to take the world by storm (Cristiano Ronaldo, Deco, Maniche, Andrade etc) with the amount of talent they have although they usually don't score enough goals which is their downfall. I agree with Wolverine about the Ivory Coast, awesome amount of top quality in that team (Drogba being the worst :D).

A player I really am looking forward to watch is Yaya Toure.

I think England will win the cup for some reason. They have just as good a squad and lets face it, anybody but Brazil will do for me.

I wonder if Holland might actually pull the finger out of their arrogant ass this summer and actually play like a team?!..only time will tell.

Guest Proudy
Of course I fully back England and hope they go all the way unbeaten to the final and win it, However if/once England go out, its Holland and some of you may have ago at me but...Argentina all the way!

Guest Wolverine
I'm offering the gamblers in my school a £5 bet that Brazil won't win the cup.

Brazil will win.

Fancy a bet? :P

Guest Jaymzy

The Aussies of course for me, so proud of the boys for finally making it to the big stage. Got a good feeling for some reason that we may get past the group stages.......I dunno, just a feeling......

If the Aussies don't win it then my loyalties switch to England considering thats where my family is from and having spent time there on a number of occassions.

Who do I want to see out???? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Lets go with Italy (professional diving team :evil ) , France (well their French after all ;) ), Brazil (cos Ronaldo and his arrogance saying he's never heard of Harry Kewell.....please......:evil ) and Uruguay (oh hang on, the Aussies already knocked them out :lol :lol )

Gotta see Becks haircut for the World Cup, every Cup I get the same do done...... :oops

Of course I'm supporting England, we have a chance, but we have to do it despite a coach who doesn't really give a ****. I'll also be supporting Australia, they gave us Neighbours and Crocodile Dundee, what more can I say. Also Brazil because I just can't bring myself to hate a nation that's provided so many quality players and plays the game the way they do. I'll also support Holland and the USA against other teams.

Teams I want out, France, Germany and Argentina naturally. Also the Ivory Coast, because I really don't like Didier Drogba.

Edited by K.J

Guest Proudy
Of course I'm supporting England, we have a chance, but we have to do it despite a coach who doesn't really give a ****. I'll also be supporting Australia, they gave us Neighbours and Crocodile Dundee, what more can I say. Also Brazil because I just can't bring myself to hate a nation that's provided so many quality players and plays the game the way they do. I'll also support Holland and the USA against other teams.

Teams I want out, France, Germany and Argentina naturally. Also the Ivory Coast, because I really don't like Didier Drogba.

I 2nd that :D

Guest Wolverine

Oh yes, that makes sense. Just because you don't like one player in the side, you want the whole team to lose. I think I'll apply that rule to myself now, let's see ...

Brazil - Adriano

England - Ferdinand

France - Cisse

Argentina - Veron

Portugal - Deco

Holland - Robben

Italy - Pirlo

Spain - Joaquin

Germany - Frings

Australia - Viduka

Sweden - Ibrahimovic

Ghana - Essien

Serbia - Kezman

USA - Howard

... I may as well not watch the World Cup this summer, I hate them all!

It's pure hypocrisy if you do that for Drogba/Ivory Coast and not the rest of the teams. And besides that K.J, you say you want Holland to do well. Now, it seems that you lot dislike Drogba because he dives and moans quite a bit. Robben dives more and moans more, so you must dislike him just as much. If that's the case, why do you want Holland to do well (bearing in mind your reasoning for disliking the Ivory Coast)?

I fancy Spain to do well this time round.

Brzil will be there but there abouts but a team with Adriano, Dida, Robiniho, Ronaldo and Roque Junhiho and ageing full backs like Cafu and Carlos is far from invincible also consider that they dropped points against all but 1 nation in the South American qualifying section they are far from the team that the media are building thenm up to be.

I think England will do well this year, say what you want about Sven when you have wet lettuces such as Curbishley, McLaren and Alladyce being banded around for his job come August the more i want him to stay. But anyway look at the PFA awards from "the best league in the world" and 5 out of he 6 nominations were English whats more out of those you have Terry, Lampard, Gerrard and Rooney and that sounds like a pretty good spine to any team. I just hope they gel .

Guest Nicole
Well I'm going to take the oppotunity to go into full patriotic mode and put all my support behind england. Sod "liking" other teams because they have players I like, for this tournament I'm going to call them lots of nasty names, wear my england shirt with pride and cheer the boys on for the win. Come on England!

Oh yes, that makes sense. Just because you don't like one player in the side, you want the whole team to lose. I think I'll apply that rule to myself now, let's see ...

Brazil - Adriano

England - Ferdinand

France - Cisse

Argentina - Veron

Portugal - Deco

Holland - Robben

Italy - Pirlo

Spain - Joaquin

Germany - Frings

Australia - Viduka

Sweden - Ibrahimovic

Ghana - Essien

Serbia - Kezman

USA - Howard

... I may as well not watch the World Cup this summer, I hate them all!

It's pure hypocrisy if you do that for Drogba/Ivory Coast and not the rest of the teams. And besides that K.J, you say you want Holland to do well. Now, it seems that you lot dislike Drogba because he dives and moans quite a bit. Robben dives more and moans more, so you must dislike him just as much. If that's the case, why do you want Holland to do well (bearing in mind your reasoning for disliking the Ivory Coast)?

Wolverine :wub Drogba

Only joking. ;)

I want England to win, it's the best conditions for the English players, a familiar country to play in and a group we should top...

As for the second road on I will just have to bite my nails and pray.... to the footballers god Eric Cantona of course, not the phoney one in heaven...

As for teams I'd like to see play (not do well as I am English through and through) well I love the Brazlian style of play and when the Dutch play well as well its a joy to watch.

I want Portugal out early though so Scolari can become the next England boss....