In favour of the feud?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. In favour of the feud?

• In Favour
    • Not In Favour
    • No real opinion either way
    • What feud? I've not been paying attention

Guest Marc McCann

i've seen a lot written on other sites about this mainly criticising the angle. i'm not at all religious but i do think that vince has pushed this too far.

hey, what does everyone else think?

From the way the Hassan angle unfolded, to Randy Orton's Guerrero comments, to his own character calling Cena his "n****r" and onto this now, it's clear to see that Vince sees the way back to getting in the mainstream media's eye is through offending people. It's the whole "any publicity is good publicity" arguement. Vince thinks he can make people tune in to see his shows by creating a buzz around them and showing WWE to be over the top offensive entertainment.

The problem is that the mainstream media sources simply don't care enough about wrestling to give Vince what he wants. McMahon seems to think that focusing his feud with Michaels around religious beliefs and having them mocked by Vince's character is going to make waves with all of the news outlets in the US. They have no interest in wrestling these days, so the plan fails. It's not shocking, the religious skits drag on too long that they're not funny and they're really wasting the great heat that both Vince and Shawn are able to get by focusing the angle around religion.

I liked reading that Vince used to go to church regularly when he first started dating Linda. It really showed that McMahon is making a mockery of something he once believed in, all for the sake of creating a buzz around his product. I wonder if he feels it's been worth it.

If The Simpsons and South Park are able to poke fun at religion in it's many guises, i see no reason as to why WWE tv is not able to do it.

But due to it being Wrestling and a bit taboo there are sure to be many people standing up and asking questions. This angle is nowhere near as bad as Necrophilla and Eddies in hell. I don't have a problem with it.

Well I can't say I'm totally shocked, seeing what other "great concepts" Vince has thrown out there recently. It is a little past it for my liking, however I could say the same about Katie Vick, Eddie in Hell, Hassan and the terrorists etc, etc.

I'm not offended by it in the slightest, I just find it a bit ridiculous although some moments of it are funny. You could say I have a mixed opinion on it.

Guest cenarules
I love this angle, except when Vince takes it too far by putting himself above God. I'm a Christian and some things that Vince has done have offended me. However, some of it has been funny. Overall, though, I have enjoyed this angle.

Guest Hemme
Meh, to be honest I'm not fussed either way, the only thing I'm dreading is a possible "Higher-power" style waste of time, if the angle has a decent twist rather than a crappy cop out, then I'll be very surprised.

Guest Ed_666

I think it's great, I laughed my arse off when Joey Styles said "the match has been made, it's going to be Vince McMahon and his son Shane, versus Shawn Michaels,............. and God!" :lol

Ed

It doesn't offend me, I just merely think, what's the point?

As Russ rightly said, the media don't care, and because they don't care, stupid stuff like this will only make them have a worse opinion of wrestling in general. It breeds the whole attitude of "nah I don't watch it cause its crap" and if you try and justify it, they'll merely say "oh God's wrestling now? see thats exactly why I don't watch it".

I think the danger Vince has, is that he's not winning any new fans, but he certainly might lose a few. I bet Vince Russo is laughing his backside off. Vince and Stephanie saying his shock TV ideas were passe and wouldn't work, and here's Vinny Mac having God in a tag match.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
Depends what you mean by in favour I guess, I am not offended by it (or anything else WWE has ever done the Eddie in Hell stuff, Necorphilia etc mentioned earlier) I am an athiest so the whole god used thing is of no matter to me, but what I don't like is how much time they are taking up on shows to do it, the times Vinces haeads to the ring and talks about it is getting longer and longer and thats what i'm not in favour of, 1 shortish skit is ok for me but to have it take up quite a long time on the show isn't!

Guest craignwo4life
It doesn't offend me' date=' I just merely think, what's the point?[/quote']

Same goes for me.:roll

It's just when they start doing pyro "tricks" to show God is protecting Shawn Michaels it just becomes embarassing.

Guest carlito is cool

I think the Angle is absolutely stupid, im in no way offended by the angle in a religious sense but just by the sheer stupidity of it all. I originally thought when Vince announced the match it was a way of putting Shawn in a 2-1 Handicap match, but when they actually went with the pyros exploding i actually cringed it was that bad. Hopefully they come out with a logical explaniation ( i think someone mentioned HHH involvement eventually leading to a D-X reunion) but the way it has been booked so far i actually think they want the fans to believe 'GOD' is indeed helping HBK.

:roll