Backlash and Sky Box Office...whats that all about?

Guest Dave7g

Guest Dave7g

Does anybody have access to the buyrates on Sky Box office? It's a little off that Backlash is on free this year, when it was on Box Office the last few years.

Has this got anything to do with rumours of falling ppv buys on SKY. It would really make more sense to just put the big four on ppv and leave us the rest if it's failing. Not many people want to pay extra for Sky Sports AND for a ppv every month.

I just hope they havent just swapped around the ppv's this time, I'd really love to have ECW ONS 2 on free again, I don't really mind about the rest. I don't have Box Office before you start calling me cheap.

I rarely order the box office PPVs unless the card is especially good. The last two I got were WrestleMania and Vengeance. I watched SummerSlam too but wasn't that free?

Guest Wolverine
Sky's doing well with the free pay-per-views lately - No Way Out was the last one, where we got a possible WWE MOTYC in Angle/Taker and the rest of the card was very solid. If Backlash is as good as No Way Out, I'll be happy (I'm in the same boat as Dave, I can't get Box Office either). And I'm boycotting ONS2, so I don't care whether it's free or not.

Guest Howie

There are eight on Sky Box Office and six free. The ones on Box Office are Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania, Judgment Day, Vengeance, Summerslam, No Mercy, Survivor Series and Armageddon.

The six free are No Way Out, Backlash, One Night Stand, Great American Bash, Unforgiven, and Taboo Tuesday/Cyber Sunday.

Edited by Howie

You should get Sky digital but keep you're old cable box. If you disconnect cable and bribe someone to reattach it for you once your bill has been cut you get free basic cable. Some people would pay good money for an old cable box because of this.

Guest y2kwrestlingfan

I only pay for the big four pay per views, would never pay for a single brand pay per view. Prime examples armageddon, no mercy, judgment day. Hmmm intresting i picked the smackdown pay per views.

Why don't raw and smackdown swap their pay per views round.

Guest FreeSpirit
The six free are No Way Out' date=' Backlash, One Night Stand, Great American Bash, Unforgiven, and Taboo Tuesday/Cyber Sunday.[/quote']

There's seven free on Sky Sports 1, with New Years Revolution added to that list as well.

Guest craignwo4life
I never order the PPV's, instead I buy a copy from ebay for around £5, then if the event is any good I may buy an original when it is released.

Guest Reality Checked
can anyone tell me if Backlash is on free on Sky Sports 3? and is there any ppv thats free on that channel? greatly appreciated :D

Guest horsemansmiler
And I'm boycotting ONS2' date=' so I don't care whether it's free or not.[/quote']

May i enquire about the boycott?

Guest big pau hoolinator
Is it definitely free because I wanted it as I can only watch PPVs on Box Office and i'm off school the next day for May Day...?

Guest Wolverine
May i enquire about the boycott?

Indeed you may.

The WWE aren't going to recapture the magical atmosphere of last year's One Night Stand, no matter how hard they try. And by running ECW "tribute" shows every year, it seems to me like they're cheapening its legacy. Last year's show felt more special to me because I honestly believed that the event's name was correct and it was truly a "one night stand" - the last chance to see the majority of my ECW favourites back in their old environment. But now that I know that the WWE are planning to put together an ECW event every year (ONS3 is already scheduled), I really have no desire to watch them.

Also, I really don't want anything to tarnish my memories of last year's One Night Stand. If this PPV doesn't turn out to be as good, then I doubt that I'll remember the original ONS as fondly as I currently do. It's pretty much the same reason why I didn't buy the One Night Stand DVD - so many of the things that made the show the success that it was got edited from the DVD. The crowd singing along to "Enter Sandman" was my favourite moment on that show and it's something that got cut. But all in all, I don't believe that ONS2 (or ONS3) will have the same feel to it as the original One Night Stand.

So, it's basically a combination of those two reasons.