Dissapointing Films

Steve O

Like the Album thing this is a thread about films that people were saying this is the best film of all time and when you watch it it is a big letdown.

For me it would have to be The Magnificent Seven. This film is supposed to be the best western of all time I prefer Rio Bravo. It wernt rubbish just coudnt live up to the hype for me.

And the second Charlie and chocolate factory it is nowhere near as good as the first. Johnny Depp acts way to much like Micheal Jackson wanting to be Peter Pan.

Your Films?

Blair Witch Project - Over hyped and over rated, wasnt scary as hell. However i believe the sequal "Book of shadows" was a far better movie.

Fanstic 4 - didnt like it one bit

Matrix,Reloaded,Revloutions - Over hyped, stupid story line, Cheesey as f**k diagloue

Kill Bill Vol 1 and 2 - Quentine should have left it in the desk and burned it. It wasnt no where near as good as pulp fiction or Jacky Brown

The 2nd 2 Matrix films spring to mind immediatly. The first film was so ground breaking but was'nt fond of the 2nd in the least.

Batman and Robin was truly awfull.

I also remember being really dissapointed with Dick Tracy, not seen it since i was like 8 now though.

Blair Witch Project - Over hyped and over rated, wasnt scary as hell. However i believe the sequal "Book of shadows" was a far better movie.

Blair Witch one I didn't particularly like but it was an interesting movie to watch as it was unique the sequel was awful and just another teen horror movie.

Matrix,Reloaded,Revloutions - Over hyped, stupid story line, Cheesey as f**k diagloue

Liked the first one the oter two are fun but if they had left the story at the end of the first movie it would have been fine.

Kill Bill Vol 1 and 2 - Quentine should have left it in the desk and burned it. It wasnt no where near as good as pulp fiction or Jacky Brown

You. Are. Mad.

Kill Bill is much better than Jackie Brown although perhaps not quite up to PF's high standards it's still got great dialogue especially Daryl Hannah in Volume 2 when she's talking to Michael Madsen also the end scenes are amazing including B.B.'s performance. The action is also excellent, by far the best to come out of America EVER!

You. Are. Mad.

Kill Bill is much better than Jackie Brown although perhaps not quite up to PF's high standards it's still got great dialogue especially Daryl Hannah in Volume 2 when she's talking to Michael Madsen also the end scenes are amazing including B.B.'s performance. The action is also excellent, by far the best to come out of America EVER!

No i am not. Sorry but looking at both films i just think they was over hyped to death because they was done by Tarantino. Lets face it if was any other director then they would have probally said "Trying to do what Reservoir Dogs did for crime films".

The Terminal starring Tom Hanks. Talk about why did they bother.

Kill Bill Vol. 2. The first one was great but the second one was pants.

Jeepers creepers 1. Which broke the rule in saying that sequels are always bad as the second was better than the first.

Tomb Raider 2 What on Earth was up with that plot? Please!

Johnny Depp in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. It was almost as awful as awful as Warren Beaty in Dick Tracy

The Muppets Wizard Of Oz (*Nuff Said)

Halloween 6 and onward thoug Halloween 20 was good where She kills Michael at the end but the sequel after that set in the basement of that house was utter rubbish

The Dukes Of Hazard starring Burt Reynolds

and the list goes on

Edited by Dark Dodo

King Kong what aload of crap.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory nowhere near as good as the Gene Wilder one the special effect were really cheap and what was the deal with digitizing one ompa lompa a million times, CHEAP.

2FAST2FURIOUS utter foolishness,

Lord of the rings 1,2,3, totally overhyped load of cobblers. Books infinitely better.

Kill Bill 1, 2 what a let down those two films were.

Scary movie however many they made,

4 Brothers, Stealth, Fantastic Four, Elisabethtown, Matrix sequels explain to me how the sequels of a film with a smaller budget have less convining CGI and graphics?

Terminator 2 and 3, not a patch on the original I don't care what anyone says, Highlander sequels why? Fun with Dick and Jane, Cat in a Hat absolute crap compared to Carreys performance in the Grinch. Munich a really good film if they edited it to two hours instead of two hours and fifty minutes,

Lost In Translation, decent enough film but shouldn't have won any awards totally overhyped, Catwoman, what can I say even looking at Halle Berry couldn't disguise a wooden performance by all concerned and an even worse script. And so on and so forth. If I'm honest Ican tell these days by the trailers if a films going to be bad.

You'd think with the technology that is readily at our fingertips they could make the special effects realistic instead of blatantly obvious when they're fake.

Which is what ruined Spiderman for me even though they stuck to the original story a lot more then I thought they would for me the film kept changing from live action to as if I was playing a video game.

Edited by Thirteen