Goldberg comments on interest in TNA

SuperKick Kid

While appearing on Bubba the Love Sponge's Sirius radio show this afternoon, former WCW and WWE World champion Bill Goldberg commented on TNA saying that if Spike TV wanted to invest their money and effort to go against WWE, he would be interested in discussing it. He also noted that he's had conversations recently with Sting about TNA.

The only other wrestling-related notes were Goldberg commenting that WWE "blew it" with his Wrestlemania XX match against Brock Lesnar, and praised Hulk Hogan for helping him get his agent.

Courtesy Pro Wrestling Insider

Awsome. Goldberg is great' date=' but his Wrestlemania XX did suck. Hope they do get him at some point, I personally would love to see him face Samoa Joe.[/quote']

Whether you like Goldberg or not, THAT would be something to see i think!:xyx And it would DEFINITELY be high impact, thats for sure....

I think if Goldberg did go to TNA, it would probably be the case where he may make the odd appearance now & again and have the odd match now and again, rather than be a full time roster member. The situation would probably suit all parties involved.

If used correctly I think Goldberg would have a positive impact on TNA, he his already working for Spike TV on some new reality TV game show, so maybe Spike TV & TNA could come to some terms. Spike TV and TNA certainly want some big names and maybe Goldberg could be the guy to help them.

I would prefer Jericho to Goldberg, as I see Jericho would fir in better with the TNA product, having said that, I'm not all the sure about Jericho's interest in wrestling at the moment.

Why not just start a normal fire and throw the money on it to save time?

Because Goldberg has a huge chance of drawing big time for TNA. It also gives their main event scene a huge boost of credibility. Goldberg is perfect for the sports-style presentation they have, and would be far more worth the money than Sting.

Goldberg would take TNA by storm and fit in perfectly I reckon. A great debut for him would be say if Samoa Joe was still unbeaten and still the X Division Champion, and he offered an open challenge to anyone, to which Goldberg's music hits and he destroys Samoa Joe within a minute to end his unbeaten streak and become X Division Champion.

Goldberg would take TNA by storm and fit in perfectly I reckon. A great debut for him would be say if Samoa Joe was still unbeaten and still the X Division Champion' date=' and he offered an open challenge to anyone, to which Goldberg's music hits and he destroys Samoa Joe within a minute to end his unbeaten streak and become X Division Champion.[/quote']

I don't think Goldberg would suit the X Division, it's all about young high fliers...put him into the NWA World Heavyweight Championship scene, win that, then give him a Title for Title match versus Samoa Joe.

A great debut for him would be say if Samoa Joe was still unbeaten and still the X Division Champion' date=' and he offered an open challenge to anyone, to which Goldberg's music hits and he destroys Samoa Joe within a minute to end his unbeaten streak and become X Division Champion.[/quote']

Yeah so when Goldberg leaves about two weeks after that and leaves one of TNA's main guys looking like a right tool, whilist Bill gets a big pay cheque. Great :roll .

Goldberg squashing Samoa Joe and winning the X Division Title is one of the worst ideas I have ever heard.

Goldberg would lend TNA a hell of a lot of credibility and I'd actually like to see him in TNA, just don't want to see him squashing guys they've spent ages building up.

If I'm honest, I agree with Dan. As much as Goldberg would benefit TNA, Jericho would benefit TNA more. He has the ability, the credibility and the love for the business that Goldberg doesn't have. The only thing in Bill's favour is his name and that, for me is dwindling more and more.

Gene's also correct when he says that having Goldberg squashing the biggest X-Division star TNA have right now would be daft. I'd much prefer to see Joe vs Jericho, AJ vs Jericho, Daniels vs Jericho and any 3-way dance between them rather than having Goldberg in any division.

I think Goldberg would create a spike in the ratings and in the short term really help TNA' date=' but a guy like Jericho could be someone who TNA could build the company around, and would probably been better long term.[/quote']

I agree completely witht that. Jericho would be a long time hit, Goldberg would be short and sweet.

I think Goldberg would create a spike in the ratings and in the short term really help TNA' date=' but a guy like Jericho could be someone who TNA could build the company around, and would probably been better long term.[/quote']

Question is tho would Jarret want the company to be built around anyone but himself? I think Jericho would be great for the company (probably more so then Goldberg) but if you take the long view how long would it be until the big hitters already there started to feel threatened by Jericho and he started to lose his momentum, the thing with Goldberg is he will come in give them a huge rating shot in the arm but not last long enough for Jarret and the other's to grow threatened by him and spoil the whole thing but thats just my view :)

Question is tho would Jarret want the company to be built around anyone but himself? I think Jericho would be great for the company (probably more so then Goldberg) but if you take the long view how long would it be until the big hitters already there started to feel threatened by Jericho and he started to lose his momentum' date=' the thing with Goldberg is he will come in give them a huge rating shot in the arm but not last long enough for Jarret and the other's to grow threatened by him and spoil the whole thing but thats just my view :)[/quote']

Well I think your right, I don't think Jarrett would like the company to be built around anyone but himself. But in saying that, TNA has to be built around someone other than Jarrett for the stability and success of the company. If TNA is going to be built around Jarrett for another 4 years we might aswell say good bye TNA now.

I think Jarrett probably knows that the company needs to be built around someone other than him, and the Carter's probably do to. If Jericho does come into TNA, I would have thought that Dixie Carter would do anything to keep him there, including going against Jarrett, Dixie and her father have the majority share, so I suppose they have the final say.

Jarrett will need to do what is right for TNA, not for himself.

Edited by Dan

Jarrett will need to do what is right for TNA' date=' not for himself.[/quote']

That's the problem right there. If a wrestler has power, their ego seems to control regardless of what stepping aside could do for their company, and in turn them in the long run. This is referred to in some circles as the "Triple H syndrome", you may have heard of it.

That's the problem right there. If a wrestler has power' date=' their ego seems to control regardless of what stepping aside could do for their company, and in turn them in the long run. This is referred to in some circles as the "Triple H syndrome", you may have heard of it.[/quote']

It's not called "Triple H syndrome", I think it called the "Dusty - Gagne" syndrome.

Well I think your right, I don't think Jarrett would like the company to be built around anyone but himself. But in saying that, TNA has to be built around someone other than Jarrett for the stability and success of the company. If TNA is going to be built around Jarrett for another 4 years we might aswell say good bye TNA now.

I think Jarrett probably knows that the company needs to be built around someone other than him, and the Carter's probably do to. If Jericho does come into TNA, I would have thought that Dixie Carter would do anything to keep him there, including going against Jarrett, Dixie and her father have the majority share, so I suppose they have the final say.

Jarrett will need to do what is right for TNA, not for himself.

I cannot disagree with anyhting said there, but like Slim Jim said is Jarret willing to give up being the top guy and let Jericho take over from him, on past experiance he is not likely to do so unfortunatly :(