Wrestlings genuine hard men?

carlito is cool

Wrestling is enertainment based on a form of make believe combat. So who are the real elite tough guys in wrestling that have a chance of holding there own in a form of mma or any other legitimate combat sport.

Brusier Brody springs to mind,haven't seen any footage of him but by all accounts he was a wild man. Dont think this guy was a skilled fighter as say for examplea Steve Blackman was but he could sure handle himself.

Kurt Angle olympic gold medalist in freestyle wrestling, beat brock lesnar in a little shoot wrestling match and also slapped eddie guerreo around a little, Kurt is a tough guy and probably the toughest in the wwe at this present time.

Brock Lesnar- Freestyle wrestling background, strong as an ox and from what ive read about him quite an aggressive chap.

Scott Steiner- Another with a freestlye background with a scary physique and volatile temper.

Goldberg- Strong as hell and im sure he has some mma training in there somewhere.

Others that include a mention are Harley race, Vader, Undertaker, Rick Rude, Paul Orndorf, Rick Steiner.

Topic might not be to everyones taste but you have got to love a guy that can actually live up to his tough guy image.

On the flip i reckon Shawn Michaels would struggle to beat upmy sister he just gives of that impression.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jake Roberts-

If I had a gun, and I was sitting in a tank, and I had one shell left, and Haku was three hundred yards away? He's mine, right? Well, the first thing I'm going to do is jump out of the tank and shoot myself - because I don't want to wound that son of a bitch and piss him off.

Kevin Sullivan -

In Puerto Rico... this guy was working digging a ditch and they were walking down the street and Jesse Barr went down this street with Meng and he kicked dirt on this guy. Meng said, "Brother, you shouldn't have done that." [Jesse] said "F**k you, what are you gonna do about it?" Big mistake. About three seconds later Jesse didn't have an eye.

Haku, I mean, King Haku is a mans man!

I've also heard that Taker is a bit rough round the edges' date=' not forgetting Shamrock WAS a UFC Legend. NOTE I said was before he came out of retirement when he really shouldn't have and promptly had his ass handed to him by Tito Ortiz(sp?), put up a good fight though.[/quote']

Yea i didn't mention Shamrock because he was UFC before he went to WWF. Out of the guys mentioned though i reckon only Brock Lesnar and Kurt Angle would be able to hold there own in genuine competition.

During the Ultimate Warrior/Rick Rude program, Rude came back after the match and asked Warrior to "lighten up" a bit. Warrior got right in Rude's face and said, "I don't have to, because I'm the Warrior." Rude knocked him silly with one punch and walked away.

Credit:nodq.com

Hardcore Holly, Finley, Scott Steiner, Bruiser Brody, Undertaker all spring to mind in this debate, if you wanted to go back real far then there is loads of them its just where do you draw the line on it really, through our the ages there has always been the 'hard men' and there will always be one or two who fit the bill :)

Pro wrestling is a tough life. Pretty-much anyone who's gotten anywhere in the business is probably a tough SOB compared to us mere mortals.

Well that's complete bollocks, nearly everyone I affiliate with on a social level outside of my art and work has survived or died by gunshot wounds or at the minimal multiple stabbings, so that whole tough SOB thing is bullshit bruv.

I was raised in Brixton, Harlesdon and Tottenham, the Gun Shot capitals of London.

But that doesn't necesarily mean that everyone from those areas are all gun toting nutters. Which by your assesment; 'If your a wrestler you must be tough' is a pretty much the generalisation that comes across in your post.

Edited by Thirteen

If were talking toughness as in ability to take punishment then Foley or Funk have to be the toughest guys around. Ive heard a couple of times that Stan Hansen was a tough ba****d too.

Ohhh and Bret Hart beat up Shawn and Vince :worship May not have to be tough to do that but you gotta love him for it.

I knew Bret Hart knocked Vince on his backside but I didn't know he'd fought with HBK.

I'd say alot of the guys in the 50s or there abouts were tough guys like Lou Theze (sp) and Harley Race too by all accounts is really a scary to get on the wrong side of, I remember in one of Foley's books they were in a program together and Harley said that if he didn't do a proper chair shot he'd kick Mick's ass.

I never knew Bret hart beat up Michaels but someone said Goldberg and from what i hear Jericho kicked his ass( if someone knows the full story fill me in)

Orlando Jordan is probably pretty tough too as he has a boxing background even if his wwe matches are very dull

Regal is a tough nut, just simply because of the pact he and Benoit have to stiff each other during matches [Not being rude.... You have a filthy mind.] And also the match he had with goldberg, where he put Goldberg in an "un-called" submission that Berg couldn't get out of.

Finlay, because he just is.

Also Daivari and Conway.

May 2005: Shawn "Khosrow" Daivari posted on his web site that when he was in Europe' date=' he wanted to train with Chris Benoit and Rob Conway and they warm-up by doing 500 Hindu squats. He said the average person can do 20 before cramping. I'd guess the average person could do closer to 100 on their first try, but they'll be hating life at around 60. Anyway, he got up to 325 to 400 and couldn't walk the next day. Well, you are supposed to build up slowly. He said he couldn't bend his legs on the Raw show, but with the adrenaline, he still worked the tag match. He said he p***ed red, puked five times and p***ed a Dr. Pepper color. He found out he had broken down muscle fibers in his legs to the point they got into his kidney and was p***ing it out. [/Quote']