RBS 6 nations

Kate

It was a good game, though Wales fell apart at the end and the score flattered England a lot. But it was a good performance from the England pack, and shows that Wales need a few meatheads int eh pack to give em a bit of oomph. Still not impressed with the England backline though, i think they could do with a bit more creativity. Wales showed that when they play to their strengths, and play free running rugby it can work. But they need to sort out their defence first.

Winners will be France, cant see England doing it to be honest, and Ireland on todays performance wont beat England, France or Wales.

• 2 weeks later...
Rugby isnt normally a sport i follow with much ferocity, however over the past few months i've been getting into it a little bit more. So of course the 6 Nations starts and i gotta watch the English on the TV. They havent been too strong at the back, but were able to take advantage when Wales fell apart in the last 10-20 minutes of that game, and they held on well against an italy side that seem to be surprising a lot of people. So far i've enjoyed the tournament, especially the wales victory, but obviously there is a long way to go yet. And a question for wales is whether Ruddocks unforced/forced step-down will affect them.

Well the coach does have a huge impact on not only the way the team play, but also the attitude and moral they have. See England after the World Cup for example, they changed coach and whilst they may have lost a few big players they still looked a hugely differnet team.

Its just all a bit suss doing it in the middle of the 6 nations. Its that bloody WRU they dont know their arse from their elbow about rugby at times.

Well whatever the reasons behind it, the pressure will be on the Welsh team to see if they can come out of it unscathed and grab the victories they need. The tournement is winnable for most of the teams, the only teams i know about though are us and the Welsh. England need to sharpen up at the back and be stronger, whilst the Welsh need to be able to ignore the loss of their coach and dominate like they can.

• 2 weeks later...

SCOTLAND BEAT ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

Yes indeed, and they bloody deserved it too. No matter if people say England didnt play well, because they didn't. But the reason they didnt play well was because Scotland didnt let them. They created pressure, and their forwards matched up well so Englands so called superior scrum.

Well done Scotland, means no one can get hte Grand Slam now!

Scotland thoroughly deserved their victory against us yesterday. The scottish defence was tight at all times, closing down every chance we had. Obviously it didnt help that we played poorly and gave away a lot of very stupid penalties, but we lost all the same. Scotland deserved it as i said, fair play to them.

Although i must admit i enjoyed watching Wales lose today, just brought a smile to my face as Ireland seemed to dominate, maybe not from the outset as Wales were holding all the possession at the start. But Ireland were the better team overall.

Wales were woeful yesterday. Fair play the Irish outplayed us, they were more craetive, they had a better defence, their kicking was better etc. But Wales did themselves no favours, they just didn't step up and show what they could do. Didn't help that Steve Jones went off, and our only replacement was a bloke who'd played 3 games all season. Henson was rusty, as well he should be, but the whole team didn't play well. Terrible, i didn't even watch the whole game, couldn't do it.

Who do we all reckon is gonna win it all now?

Personally I think its wide open, and 5 teams (yes I'm still including Wales) could win it. I don't think England will, as we have arguably the toughest games. France and Ireland depend on their form and consistency, Wales really need to improve but should at least beat Italy, and Scotland may just do it considering their form.

I honestly don't know. Thoughts?

I just have a sinking feeling that Wales could lose to Italy. Personally id be tempted to stick a tenner on Scotland, they've got Italy and Ireland left to play and i think could win them both.

Cant see it being England, I jsut don't think they have the attacking basis to beat France.

Numerically its possible Wales can win it, but if Stephen Jones isn't fit who on earth do we use. Gavin Henson shouldn't be playing, hes had less than 5 hours play this season and just isn't ready. We don't have a ready made replacement for number 10 and it could well be our undoing.

Edited by Popsi

I think Ireland hold an edge but I guess I'm biased.

Even being an irish guy aswell (well northern irish but who cares when it comes to rugby), I'd welcome Scotland taking it just for beating the English.

All being said it's still very open and as a few have pointed out it still could go to 4 or 5 teams.

Anyone wanting to see a real rugby match (none of this Six Nations rubbish :P) who lives anywhere near Ravenhill - Schools' Cup semi-final tomorrow. Methody vs Inst. Come on down and cheer the MCB. :xyx

Well I'm from Ballyclare High and we were robbed in the quarters so my taste for rugby has run a bit dry in terms of the schools cup, although no doubt I'll go to the final.

Yes. The first match at our school they scored a try in the last few moments that was clearly held up by three of our guys, the ref gave the try regardless. Many neutrals even said it seemed the Portora support (which was quite impressive I must say) influenced the decision.

And in the replay the ref was as consistant as Jose Mourinho's views on diving. 6-0 the replay finished.