ECW PPV news **Spoilers**

Brad

2006 ECW PPV: Benoit/Dean Malenko, RVD, Funk, & More

Date Added: February 03, 2006

Story By: Tim Brown

Credit: PWInsider

-- It’s still unknown where the next ECW PPV will be held, however you can be almost sure that it won’t be at the old ECW Arena.

-- WWE has contacted Terry Funk about appearing at the next ECW One Night Stand event. They have contacted him very early, and it’s likely to lock these guys in before the Hardcore Homecoming show gets them.

-- It’s likely that the PPV will be built around RVD.

-- Chris Benoit and Dean Malenko are pushing for a match against each other at the next ECW PPV. Malenko hasn’t wrestled in about four years now, however they want to face each other and do a Eddie Guerrero memorial match.

Mark Out Moment for the Benoit/Malenko match.

A little confused with the ECW ppv being built around RVD seeing that I heard it was Funk.

Two's thoughts?

Mark Out Moment for the Benoit/Malenko match.

A little confused with the ECW ppv being built around RVD seeing that I heard it was Funk.

Two's thoughts?

seeing how it was rvd's idea for the whole ppv last year and since he got injured before the ppv.

can't wait to see malenko back in the ring.:thumbsup

Hopefully, because of last year, tickets sell well so the WWE don't feel the need to interfere as much.

It'll be good to see RVD in action, I never got to see him wrestle in ECW, so this should be good. I also really hope they make Benoit-Malenko, a classic with neither holding back, doing it for Eddie.

Should be great. :)

Only a year too late, but alas, Malenko/Benoit would be awesome. Bringing in Funk would be awesome too, since Heyman basically credits Funk as the reason that ECW even existed as it did.

Again though, the PPV will lack significant key players. Raven was a huge part of TNA, as was Team 3D. Jerry Lynn too. But hopefully they'll try and snag a few guys they didn't last time, such as New Jack, Steve Corino, etc.

Only a year too late, but alas, Malenko/Benoit would be awesome. Bringing in Funk would be awesome too, since Heyman basically credits Funk as the reason that ECW even existed as it did.

Again though, the PPV will lack significant key players. Raven was a huge part of TNA, as was Team 3D. Jerry Lynn too. But hopefully they'll try and snag a few guys they didn't last time, such as New Jack, Steve Corino, etc.

Did you mean ECW?

Also, i agree with the points made about the new stars, they would be good, and maybe the fact that Mick Foley works with ROH or some part of it then it could help bring Steve Corino to the ppv. Maybe if they get Joel Gertner or Cyrus to do the commentating and involve people like CW Anderson as well. I also think that it's good that maybe Kid Kash will be a bigger part of it then last year now being recognised in the WWE and hopefully Nova gets to be in some sort of action but the 99-2000 Nova and not the BWO nova, i say this because I loved the new Nova because he was so innovative in the ring and was just entertaining to watch, shame we see none of that now.

Benoit vs Malenko is a fantastic idea. Rey Mysterio mentioned in an interview a while back that if they did another ECW event, he wouldn't make the mistake of wrestling WWE style, which is another great thing to look forward to.

I'm really looking forward to ECW this year. Benoit and Malenko for Eddie would be awesome. I hope that we see some awesome match-ups this year. Terry Funk being on the card should be decent, he always seemed like a sweet man...until he got in the ring. Also it will be great to see RVD wrestling this year, it was a real pity about last years accident earlier in the year.

Benoit vs Malenko is a fantastic idea. Rey Mysterio mentioned in an interview a while back that if they did another ECW event' date=' he wouldn't make the mistake of wrestling WWE style, which is another great thing to look forward to.[/quote']

I tend to disagree, I mean yeah Rey Mysterio did use WWE based moves to finish the match which he is known for etc. but I don't really think he wrestled a WWE style, maybe I am wrong but he did wrestle the way he used to like the more out there and unpredictable worker we used to know and be amazed off during times in ECW and WCW, I mean the seated senton into the crowd just showed in my opinion that he was actually trying to get into a ECW focus and away from the WWE style.

He admitted it himself and said it was his mistake.

He might of admitted it, but all I am saying is that maybe he was a bit too hard on himself, yes the match wasn't of the best quality but I don't think it was based on Rey's style in the match alone so all I am saying is that maybe he was a bit too critical to himself. As long as he knows it wasn't a great match then he knows he can improve and he knows that he will be able to put on a better match for June if that is when the ppv is.

I'd love to see Foley on the show aswell. He's in awful shape right now, but with a bit of dedication, we could possibly see another Funk match. It would be the sh*ts, but a lot of ECW's garbage matches were no better.

I'd like to see Awesome/Tanaka again. they had a pretty good match last year, although it had far too many spots in it. It's worth giving them 15 minutes though - The match wasn't reat, but was enjoyable.

Rey/Psicosis possibly? They had a couple of great bouts in the past, including one in ECW, so I think if they were to meet again, in ECW style, it would be highly entertaining. Same for Super Crazy/Nunzio/Tajiri which again, is very possible.

I think even with thr lack of current TNA stars, this event could be a runaway success once again. It won't draw a load like last year, but it should do about the same as your medium prestige WWE event.

I'd love to see Foley on the show aswell. He's in awful shape right now, but with a bit of dedication, we could possibly see another Funk match. It would be the sh*ts, but a lot of ECW's garbage matches were no better.

I'd like to see Awesome/Tanaka again. they had a pretty good match last year, although it had far too many spots in it. It's worth giving them 15 minutes though - The match wasn't reat, but was enjoyable.

Rey/Psicosis possibly? They had a couple of great bouts in the past, including one in ECW, so I think if they were to meet again, in ECW style, it would be highly entertaining. Same for Super Crazy/Nunzio/Tajiri which again, is very possible.

I think even with thr lack of current TNA stars, this event could be a runaway success once again. It won't draw a load like last year, but it should do about the same as your medium prestige WWE event.

I'm not sure if Tajiri would do the match because of his commitments in Japan and for the reasons why he left WWE, but maybe putting Kid Kash in that match could be just as good.

I'd love to see Foley on the show aswell. He's in awful shape right now' date=' but with a bit of dedication, we could possibly see another Funk match.[/quote']

Foley's got arthritis in his knees now. According to 'Foley is Blog' on WWE.com, he nearly passed out during his match with Carlito.

He means exactly that' date=' he's not a fan of garbage wrestling, which ECW in general was based around. Although Benoit/Malenko isnt going to be a garbage match, so fair go.[/quote']

I hate people like you who label ECW as garbage wrestling, CZW is garbage wrestling, but ECW used passion and weapons and used them to make more innovative wrestling, I can only think of New Jack who could be named as a garbage wrestler really, and even he had his good parts in ECW which wasn't garbage wrestling, they worked around the weapons and made good matches using weapons, WWE Hardcore Title matches were more garbage wrestling then ECW because all they were doing is hitting each other, ECW used weapons to create more moves etc. and if you actually watched ECW properly and not judged it straight away then you would know this. Please argue against what I have said if I am wrong or if you have a different argument or disagree, because I can't see you having a good argument.