TNA-The Grandest Stage of them all PPV?

Murph

Do you think that TNA should do a version of Wrestlemania? Building up the PPV for months, calling it the biggest PPV ever, and having the greatest card they think of. They have a lot of PPV's, but they just build them all up for the four weeks beforehand. They should be talking about one for a few months, getting the fans really jacked up for it, and of course, hopefully living up to the hype.

Your thoughts?

The problem is it would only be a big spectacle and huge show for the loyal fans, and I doubt it would attract that many people over. People are fickle, they see WM as the big show and anything attempting to emulate or create its own niche will just be seen as riding along on its coat tails. Creating a big spectacle PPV as you put it would just be wasting money at this point in their progress as a company, its better to start small and build rather then make a big show and dance and flop. As I said people are fickle, and TNA creating a 'spectacle' PPV only for it just to emulate the ratings they are already getting rather then increase greatly on their ratings due to its higher prominence they try to imply, would just give TNA naysayers more ammunition to criticise the company, and would give the impression to the average punter still not drawn to the company that its just a small company trying to act huge and failing.

But taking all of that into account (and I am more then happy for someone to say I completely with what I have ranted on about, much ado about nothing), theres no reason to say they couldn't follow your idea but on a smaller note and setting some foundations of a show they build into thier pinnacle over the years, something you essentially said and I agree with on a pure wrestling fan basis. I'm not a huge TNA follower as I don't have access to it as much as I would like, but I assumed Bound For Glory was their big show which evidently it isn't from this topic being brought up. And Slammiversary, am I assume that was just a one off for last year? As if not could not Slammiversary be built upon?

---

Edit: On the Bound For Glory front it looks like I was beaten to it (Nice one Al and Omar), not quick enough off the mark. Should trust my assumptions in future though.

But the main thing which you need to remember is that Bound for Glory had to be changed at the very last minute with the health problems of Kevin Nash so of course the main event would have suffered(however i would have perferred to see Rhino in the main even over Nash any day of the year). However people say that Angle micheals at home coming was match of the year. I dissagree loads i think that AJ and Daniels put on one of the best Iron Man matches i have personally seen.

However lets face it, BFG was there first attempt at something massive PPV and i believe that this years is going to be one of the best PPVs in this year

Slammiversary should be thier WrestleMania.

I agree, it makes more sense seeing that thats when they started, but they can't exactly hype Slammiversary this year and forget about Bound For Glory can they, and also I believe Slammiversary is June and maybe they didn't want to showcase that as their main ppv when WWE had the ECW ppv because TNA stars would also be going to Hardcore Homecoming, whereas Bound For Glory is in October, so really it only has to compete with No Mercy.

I think one reason Bound for Glory was TNA's "big one" is because it was the fist PPV when they got on Spike TV, so it meant it would have the best lead up on national TV. TNA couldn't build up Slammiversary last year as I believe they were still on FSN, and may have even been doing the online shows.