Some RoH News

Jack

TNA star Abyss gave his notice to Ring of Honor and is done with the promotion effective immediately. There's no heat over the departure. It was a case of Abyss wanting to be more featured and Gabe Sapolsky, who loves Abyss' work, didn't want to put another TNA name on top of the cards over his core crew for all the obvious reasons. When asked for comment, Sapolsky confirmed the departure and said, "There's no problem between us personally. I think he's awesome in the ring."

There are also issues with Milano Connection AT, who also appears to likely be gone from the company. AT had been turned down for a raise and was also unhappy about Ring of Honor opening negotiations with the Dragon's Gate promotion in Japan for future plans as there is friction between Milano and Gate. Milano is in Japan until 2/10, when he is scheduled to return to Texas, where he's been residing while in the United States. He had missed several ROH dates "due to injuries" according to ROH and is advertised for one more appearance, although who knows if he'll be appearing

I'm really dssapointed about Milano. I think he is an incredible talent, who cab o very far in wrestling, so I will miss him.

I.m not really bothered about Abyss. He's a pretty good wrestler, for someone his size, but really, RoH don't need any big guys full stop. He adds a bit as an enforcer for Nana, but he woul never do much outside of that I don't think.

There has been a disgreement in business arrangements between Low Ki and ROH management. Low Ki has canceled all his ROH bookings as stated in a headline at Low-Ki.com.

We will announce new matches for the ones that Ki has already been advertised in next week.

This will mark the end of Low Ki in ROH. We are sorry things turned out this way and apologize to the ROH fans for the lineup changes.

Gutted about this though. Low Ki was back to his best with his recent displays, againgst Jay Lethal, and then his one off, but quality, match with KENTA. The announcement of Daniels/Danielson/Ki II got me really excited as well, but obviously that won't happpen now, which is crap. I hope this is some kind of work, but I doubt it really. Again, very dissapointed.

January 31st: Today was a slow day in the three negotiations we talked about yesterday. The big news is that a fourth major negotiation started today!!!
Any ideas on this? I really doubt it's a new location for RoH, as no-one would give a sh*t. I think it has to be 4 major stars. I would of gone with Misawa, Akiyama, and two others, but apparently NOAH have a show that night. Could be Jericho, but that is a huge long-shot. I think, and hope, it is about 4 wrestlers though. That would just be awesome, considering how much of a deal Gabe is making of this, they have to be big stars. Edited by Jack

Abyss, as you say Jack, just doesn't fit the ROH mould. Guys in the past like Hotstuff Hernandez and Slugger who have worked for the company just looked out of place with their size. Abyss is a better worker than both of these guys, but still doesn't quite look right working for the company. I doubt he was a major draw to the shows though, so it's not an end of the world situation.

As for Milano, it's a shame he's turned into a Junior version of Shane Douglas, burning bridges left, right and centre. For a guy with so much talent to have ruined relationships with companies in both Japan and the US, it's looking less and less likely that he'll ever be able to make a comfortable living working for one promotion, unless WWE pick him up as has been rumoured.

I'm gonna presume the Ki situation is a work, just because I don't want to believe he's worked his last match for the company. You know what happened in late 2004-early 2005 where they tried to work everyone by making him "suspended" for attacking a referee, and I'm hoping this isn't any different. If he's going back to TNA, it could be a way to announce he'll be working other dates and cutting down on his ROH dates while making an angle out of it. Hopefully he'll be back.

As for the big stars, we could spend all day guessing. I'd expect at least one guy to be from NOAH, considering the success they've had sending over Kobashi, KENTA and Marufuji. Misawa and Akiyama are good calls, others who it could be include Akiro Taue, Katsuyori Shibata, Go Shiozaki, Katsuhiko Nakajima, Genchiro Tenryu, perhaps even Kensuke Sasaki. It wouldn't surprise me to see any of these names appearing in ROH sooner or later.

Some interesting stuff though, about a company we don't tend to hear an awful lot of inside news about, unless it involves kiddy fiddlers.

Nice to have this sort of thread put up, I hardly hear enough about ROH that I would like too but I haven't watched it for a while which is why I wouldn't be able to post anything myself but love reading how they are getting on and what is happening, wrestling and entertainment wise ROH could actually be better then WWE and TNA, it's just the national aspect which is beating them and everything away from the ring and superstars.

Basically everything you need to compete with them.:lol

I kid Brad, I kid!

Just couldn't resist.:P

:lol yeah you do, but in some ways you are right. I mean you can't compete with TNA and WWE with the facilities and production that ROH has, but they get the fans in and they do have a good fan base.

They're not trying to compete with TNA or WWE.

When did I say that they were trying, I just basically said that they couldn't. In my opinion it's a good thing that ROH can't and isn't competing with TNA and WWE because they are doing their own thing and they are doing what they want to do. But not once did I or anyone else say that ROH was trying to compete.

I mean you can't compete with TNA and WWE with the facilities and production that ROH has' date=' but they get the fans in and they do have a good fan base.[/quote'] Sorry that seemed as if you were implying that they were trying.

Yeah just another bit of news to add to this, rather than starting a new thread. The main event for the 25th March NYC show as posted on the ROH board will be

Marufuji & KENTA teaming up for the first time ever on US soil to face ROH World Champion Bryan Danielson & Samoa Joe

Nice.

Yeah just another bit of news to add to this, rather than starting a new thread. The main event for the 25th March NYC show as posted on the ROH board will be

Marufuji & KENTA teaming up for the first time ever on US soil to face ROH World Champion Bryan Danielson & Samoa Joe

Nice.

thank you, so much

Although, I think Gen-NExt would've been a better fit rather than slapping two singles wretslers together

I would have prefered it to have been KENTA and Danielson against Marufuji and Joe to be honest then the line up actually given...

Reason being is that KENTA and Marufuji have far more distance and recent story as oppostion then partners and Joe and would have been nice to see as a partner chasing Danielson and swapping kicks with KENTA... Plus Danielson has issues with Maru who will be wanting to get back that flash cradle loss in their RoH World Title match back in December.

As for Ki. Well if he is totally gone it will no doubt will be him putting his own foot in his mouth yet again like before when he left RoH to concentrate on TNA and Z-1 only to crap on Z-1 and go NOAH...

And Milano? He just has to realise that talented though he is that the wrestling world doesn't revolve around him!

And Milano? He just has to realise that talented though he is that the wrestling world doesn't revolve around him!

Just out of interest Gringo, what are/were the problems between Milano and Dragon Gate? Apparently the whole reason he is going to be leaving RoH, comes form RoH and DG having a solid relationship, which will result in bringing some of their stars to America once again. Surely it would have to be something pretty big for that to happen?

Milano came into Dragons Gate wanting to break out of his role in trios matches and wanted to either be the Brave Gate champ or the Dream Gate champion...

But CIMA wanted Masaaki Mochizuki to get the lengthy reign he never got in Toryumon whilst building up the young talent like Saito to shine in future....

This meant Milano wouldn't get the Brave Gate gold as that went to CIMA's young protoge in Naruki Doi or that many title shots or a reign with the Dream Gate.

He was unwilling to take a back seat like CIMA and TOKYO and decided to leave instead after big clear the air talks that resulted in some big bad blood between him and CIMA/TOKYO the booking and office force in Dragon's Gate.

Since then he just hasn't wanted to let the bad blood die and seen as he isn't that big a draw outside of that environment to demand a raise to work alongside the DG boys on RoH shows was a bad move seen as TOKYO and CIMA will draw more then him as will Saito and Dragon Kid, two others he has bad blood with.

And the Dragon gate wrestlers are...

Ring Of Honor and Dragon Gate are very pleased to announce that six of Dragon Gate's top stars will head to ROH for events on 3/30 in Detroit, 3/31 in Chicago and 4/1 in Chicago. Tickets for all three shows are now on sale at ROHwrestling.com, by calling 215-781-2500 and at Ticketmaster outlets.

Dragon Gate features state-of-the-art, fast-paced, high-flying wrestling. ROH fans got a small taste of what Dragon Gate has to offer on the 8/27 "Dragon Gate Invasion" show when CIMA faced AJ Styles and Shingo Takagi battled Curry Man.

CIMA will return to ROH for the big triple shot as he will lead his Blood Generation group. The Blood Generation faction will also be represented by Naruki Doi and Masato Yoshino.

Dragon Gate's other top faction, Do Fixer, will also be represented in Detroit and Chicago. ROH fans will get the opportunity to see Dragon Kid, Genki Horiguchi & Ryo Saito in action!!!

The addition of these six athletes will give the ROH shows an influx of fresh talent that is ready to steal the show. We will announce the matches featuring the Dragon Gate wrestlers next week in the ROHwrestling.com Newswire.

Just to confirm it further....

Translated from the DG site...

06 Feb 2006 Dragon Gate - More ROH Participation

BloodGen and now for the first time Do FIXER will invade the US at the end of March, participating on Ring of Honors' tripleheader in Detroit and Chicago. CIMA, Doi, and Yoshino will represent BG, Ryo, DK, and Genki for the DF side.

So thats the new 'ace' in Ryo, the Ultimo star pupil in Dragon Kid, the total 'ace' in CIMA, the up and coming and former Brave Gate Champion Doi and the former YOSSHINO....

Quite a line up and a number of potential breathtaking matches could be done... Hope they don't go for just an exibition match with Do-Fixer facing Blood Generation...

NOAH Discuss Overseas Expansion by RD - 07 Feb 2006

Pro Wrestling NOAH is looking to expand its "Overseas presence". An official website in English is planned & Kenta Kobashi, who proved to be wildly popular in his overseas excursions last year, has secured an American working visa which will allow him to continue his exploits outside of the Pro Wrestling NOAH ring.

Ryu Nakata said that aside from the presence of Kobashi, Naomichi Marufuji & KENTA in America a DVD distributor had been secured and that by the end of the year NOAH DVDs would be readily available. Nakata noted that they were aware of pirated versions of the shows readily circulating among American pro wrestling fans & that this popularity among wrestling fans should extend to official DVDs once copyright is enforced.

In addition to Kobashi, Naomichi Marufuji & KENTA have also secured American working visas so there is the possibility of lengthy foreign excursions for any of the three men. NOAH have rented a room in London also which will serve as the base for contracted NOAH wrestlers who go to England on an excursion.

I know this is more to do with NOAH, but I think this will certainly effect RoH in the near future. A fair while ago a joint show sounded out of reach, however, if NOAH want to reach out to the US market, why not have a show, with the biggest indy fed around, who they have a good relationship with? It still proabbly won't happen, btu it's looking more and more likely.

Strong vs Kobashi possibly, at 2/11? Gabe has been hyping the match sh*tloads, so it has got to be huge. Maybe with Ki pulling out, RoH thought it was impossible to get Kobashi boooked, and hype it enough, so they will book it as a suprise match? Again, it's a long shot, but I would love it, if it does happen.