Great Promo Transcript's

Jack

Hopefully this thread will take off. Basically, just post your favourite promos in as much detail as possible (i.e not "all of the rocks were good")

I'll get us started with four from, I would say, four of the very best on the mic ever. Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, Steve Austin and Jim Cornette.

Okerlund: Alright, by virtue of winning the Royal Rumble, we have a brand new World Wrestling Federation champion. As the press look on, at this time to present the title belt to the new champion, our president, the distinguished Jack Tunney.

Tunney: Congratulations, Ric Flair, on becoming the undisputed champion of the World Wrestling Federation.

Flair: Let me just say, after carrying the belt that proclaimed me the real world champion, I’m gonna tell you all, with a tear IN MY EYE, this is the greatest moment in my life. When you walk around in this life and you tell everybody you’re number one, the only way you get to stay number one, is to be number one. And this is the ONLY.. title.. in the wrestling world that makes you number one. When you are the king of the W.. WF, you rule the world, Think about it like that, Mr Perfect..., The Brain, Whoooo!.

Hennan: Let’s give a big one, Whooooooooooo! You did it. I was never so impressed with anything I saw in all my life, he went out there for over 60 minutes, never took a back step. Took it to Hogan, took it to the Undertaker, took it to whoever got in that ring, that’s why he is, and you can call him now, the real World Heavyweight Champion.

Mr. Perfect: Hey Bobby, We’re not the kind of guys to say we told you so, but we.. told you so.

Okerlund: Okay, very good. Ric Flair, you have made World… Put that cigarette out. You have made World Wrestling Federation history here tonight.

Flair: This is the greatest moment in my life. I wanna jump, I wanna party, but I gotta tell you like this, for the Hulk Hogan’s and the Macho Man’s, and the Piper’s and the Sid’s, now it’s Ric Flair and you all pay homage to the man, Whoooo! I love it. I love it. I love it!

And this is a more recent one, from Jim Cornette, right after having his front teeth knocked out by Necro Butcher. A rant on CZW, and garbage wrestling.

CornetteYou know' date=' people have said it, people have said it and I relaise it, I realise it - I have got a problem with anger management! People have told me that all the time, and that's why I don't get out a lot anymore 'cause every time I go outside somebody is there, somebody, somewhere, they wanna push me, they wanna poke me, they wanna prod me, they wanna kick me over the edge. So every time I go out in public I have to say "JC" - I'm have to say it to myself, I'm saying "JC - Don't grab that guy at Wendy's at the drive through around the neck just 'cause he's a moron and he don't speak English, 'cause he was born in Bolivia - It's not his fault!" 'Cause I got an issue with anger management. So, the last thing I wanna do as Ring Of Honor commisioner is not be calm, and cool, and collected - As commisioner I'm trying to stay away from this wrestling hyperbole, which means cutting a promo on somebodies ass. But you see the problem now is, I can't even go to a Ring Of Honor event, to a wrestling promotion that I admire, that I respect, that I wanna help, without something like THIS (Points to teeth) happening to me a the hand of some of those [i']hardcore[/i] wrestlers. Well let me tell you boys something, as long as I'm commisioner of Ring Of Honor, there ain't gonna be any of this hardcore BS going on, as long as I'm commisioner of Ring Of Honor, I have got the word of the RoH officals, there ain't gonna to be no hardcore, barbwire, baseball bat, broken glass, flaming lightube, gerbils up people's poop shoots, there ain't gonna be none of that, because this is a wrestling promotion - And a real one. Not a seedy, backdoor, bar room, peep show promotion - That Combat Zone, or Bolivian Championship.

As far as I'm concerned you hardcore boys are pathetic - You have a shameful need to make something out of yourself in front of a small group of people, and you know, and you know there are some people who wanna see this stuff, and God bless all of ya, 'Cause the World needs more suckers like you, but as far as I'm concerned that is gonna stay in the peep shows, there is gonna be none of it in Ring of Honor. Now, one more thing, about my face - I don't view this as a broken tooth, I view this as a black eye. A black eye on my face, just like a black eye on the face of pro wrestling, by your participation in it. Your pathetic! So you wanna play? I've played some power plays before, and you wanna have a war? I got news for ya. If I was Terry Funk, right now I'd be saying "My eye!" and if I was the 'American Dream' Dusty Rhodes I would be saying "Payback is hell, Daddy", but I'm not - I'm Jim Cornette, I'm the commisioner of Ring Of Honor, so what I'm saying is, you wanna war? Well, we're gonna cause talk and suspicion, we're gonna give an exhibition, we're gonna find out what it's all about, you wanna war? Dig down in your bunkers, and dig into those trenches, and get ready, get ready, for shock and awe!"

(This whole promo is on ROH's video site - http://www.rohvideos.com)

Okerlund: Hulk Hogan, excuse me. Excuse me! What in the world are you thinking?"

Hogan: Mean Gene, the first thing you need to do is to tell these people to shut up if you wanna' hear what I've got to say… The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling (pointing to himself, Hall, and Nash). You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling. These two men right here came from a great big organization up north and everybody was wondering who the third man was. Well, who knows more about that organization but me, brother?… Let me tell you something. I made that organization a monster. I made people rich up there. I made the people that ran that organization rich up there. And when it all came to pass, the name Hulk Hogan, the man Hulk Hogan, got bigger than the whole organization.

Billionaire Ted wanted to talk turkey with Hulk Hogan. Well Billionaire Ted promised me movies, brother. Billionaire Ted promised me millions of dollars. Billionaire Ted promised me world caliber matches. As far as Billionaire Ted goes, Eric Bischoff, and the whole WCW goes, I'm bored brother. That's why these two guys here, the so-called outsiders, these are the men I want as my friends. They are the new blood of professional wrestling. And not only are we going to take over the whole wrestling business with Hulk Hogan and the new blood, the monsters with me, we will destroy everything in our path, Mean Gene.

Okerlund: Look at all of this crap in this ring. This is what's in the future for you if you want to hang around with this man Hall and this man Nash.

Hogan: As far as I'm concerned, all of this crap in the ring represents these fans out here. For two years, brother, for two years I held my head high. I did everything for the charities. I did everything for the kids. And the reception I got when I got out here - you fans can stick it, brother. Because if it wasn't for Hulk Hogan you people wouldn't be here. If it wasn't for Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff would still be selling meat from a truck in Minneapolis. And if it wasn't for Hulk Hogan, all these Johnny Come Lately's that you see out here wrestling wouldn't be here. I was selling out the world, brother, while they were pumping gas in their car to get to high school. So the way it is now, brother, with Hulk Hogan and the New World Organization of Wrestling, me and the new blood by my side, whatcha gonna do when the New World Organization runs wild on you.

Schiovane: We have just seen the end of Hulkamania… Hulk Hogan, you can go to hell. Straight to hell.

Steve Austin

A couple weeks ago, when Eric Bischoff told his secretary to tell her secretary to leave a message on my answering machine for me to call Eric Bischoff and then I called Eric Bischoff and he proceeded to fire me over the phone, I thought a big cloud was lifted off the career of Steve Austin. Because gone were the days when I’d go up to someone and say “hey – what about me and Sting? We got this big thing going – how ‘bout the cage?” and someone says “no baby, thath for thomebody elthe. We jutht gonna keep you right where you at right now.” Then I said “well what about me and Savage? I got this great idea – he comes in, he’s got the Slim Jim deal, well hell, I got…” “No Thteve. Thath for thomebody elthe, baby.” Then you go “I got this great idea – I could do it with Hulk Hogan. I’m gonna be the Steve-a-maniac and we’re gonna take this thing all the way! Because Hulk Hogan, Hulkamania was the biggest thing to ever come down the wrestling pike!” And they said “No, that’s not for you brother. You can’t do that. We’re gonna keep you right where you are.”

I said “how about me and Brian get back together? The Hollywood Blondes! It was the best tag team to come along in ten years!” and they say “no Steve, we need you in a singles role man. We need you to do this. We’re gonna put the US title on you and then we’re gonna take you here, and then you’re the number one contender so then you get this world title shot...” Well all that **** never happened!

So there I am, floundering along, there’s nothing going my way, because the politics in WCW kept the biggest potential superstar in wrestling on the goddamn ground! What are you supposed to do? On one hand, they’re paying you a bunch of money – they’re paying ME a bunch of money. While on this hand they’re saying “hey, go out and give Bagwell a hell of a match. Go out there with an 18 year old German kid. Give him seven good minutes. Let the people see what he can do.”

They say you are what you eat. In WCW, they didn’t feed me nothing but garbage, so I let myself become garbage. I became complacent with everything they said. As long as big Ted kept sending in the cheques…maybe I wasn’t happy with everything that was going on, but I became complacent.

Then they send me to Japan – the big injury! Bischoff delivers the shot heard around the damn world – Steve Austin’s out of the high-paying job. All of a sudden the phone starts ringing off the hook – it’s ECW, it’s the WWF, it’s All Japan, it’s New Japan, and all Steve Austin’s gotta do is make a decision. Tod Gordon, whether he re-mortgaged his house one time, two times, maybe three times, came up with the right figure for Steve Austin to make a decision.

I stroll into the ECW Arena – the biggest piece of crap I’ve ever seen. I broke in in a building called the Sportatorium in Dallas, Texas. Home of the world famous Von Erichs! Everybody who was anybody set foot in the Dallas Sportatorium. For the last two years, all you’ve heard about anywhere in wrestling is the famous ECW Arena. Debut night, I roll in. You got the Sandman. You got the Raven. You got the Pitbulls. You got Stevie Richards, you got the Public Enemy, you got the Gangstas, you got Mipey Whikrep – whatever the hell his name is! You got a bunch of damn MISFITS, running around thinking that they can actually wrestle. All I’ve seen in ECW is a bunch of violent crap and that’s exactly what I’ll call it ‘cos that’s exactly what it is. Steve Austin is here to wrestle. It’s what I do best. It’s what I do better than anyone in the world.

Dean Malenko, Eddy Guerrero, they got the big send-off. Tears were in everybody’s eyes. It was a big deal. All Steve Austin got was a good swift kick in the ass as Bischoff hung up the phone and left me high and dry. There’s no Hogans here. There’s no Flairs here. There’s not a Dusty Rhodes and there damn sure isn’t an Eric Bischoff here. There’s no-one that can hold back Steve Austin now.

“Stunning”? Tossed it out the window. Never was meant to be. ECW’s gonna find out first hand what Steve Austin can do. And I’m gonna show everyone here exactly what a true superstar is supposed to do, what a true superstar is supposed to be. Because no-one here can hold be back. Not Tod Gordon. Not Hulk Hogan. Not Eric Bischoff. Nobody. I’m gonna be the superstar that I always knew I could be, because there’s no-one - no-one in ECW that can stop me.

Edited by Jack

There's so many others, but I can't remember exactly what was said , but here's Paul Heyman doing what he does best:

"I've waited a long time to say this to you Eric Bischoff.

In case you didn't notice, it's not Paul Heyman with his tail between his legs going to a WCW PPV. You are in our house - b****!"

Oh wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute, hide your wives - it's Edge!

Now Edge, I know nobody with a written promo has the balls to say this to you but I have two words for you - Matt Freakin' Hardy!

And I almost forgot about you (JBL)! Mr Shoot Promo himself, 'bounced cheques, ECW went out of business'.

Hey John, on a personal note, from all of us just to you, since you want to shoot cowboy - the only reason you were WWE champion for a year is because Triple H didn't want to work Tuesdays."

This ain't Monday Night Raw…this ain't Smackdown… this ain't even WWE… this my friends is E-C-F***ING-W."

Chris Jericho's interaction with The Rock just before Royal Rumble 2002 was awesome.

Jericho: - "On top of that, everybody's talking about facing you at WrestleMania as if it's some kind of a foregone conclusion that you're gonna beat me this Sunday - as if I'm some kind of a fluke champion, or a transitional champion, but they can all go to hell if they think that! And all of you can go to hell if you think that! But most importantly, Rock, you can go to hell, too. Because there's something a lot more painful than any beating you can get, Rock, and that is the truth - because the truth hurts! The truth hurts, Rock, and the truth is you had the chance to become the Undisputed champ last month at Vengeance, but you failed! You were beaten by me! And you wanna talk about facing the Undertaker or Steve Austin at WrestleMania - you can face anybody you want at WrestleMania, but it won't be for this Championship! Because this championship is not yours, Rock, this championship is mine - it's mine - it's all mine - it's all mine - and the truth is that Chris Jericho is the most overlooked champion in WWF history! But you know what else is the truth, Rock? At WrestleMania, I will still be the champion - because this is my championship - this is my championship, dammit, and this is my show, and this is my--"

Rock: - "Whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa! Let the Rock clarify something to you, Undisputed Champion or not, this is not your show ... this is SmackDown!, this is The Rock's show! And what you're failing to realise is everybody is talking about WrestleMania, facing the Rock, for one reason: because they know, them in the back, they know, the guys in the back, they know, them, the millions ... and millions of the Rock's fans, they know that the Rock ... is better than you. You see the guys in the back know it, everybody around the world knows it, you know it - and you see, Chris Jericho, the truth, it does hurt - it really, really hurts - but not as much as the Rock is going to hurt you this Sunday at Royal Rumble. If you smell--"

Jericho: - "No! No, No, No, No, No! This is not a joke! I am not a joke! I am serious! And you will not look past me, you stupid son of a bitch!"

Edited by Wolverine

An in ring promo with Mr McMahon, Stephanie McMahon and Sable shortly before the No Mercy PPV in 2003:

Stephanie: I will not change the WWE Championship at No Mercy, Brock Lesnar Vs The Undertaker and I will not quit, not now not ever.

Mr McMahon: Yes you will. You'll quit if not tonight, you'll quit at No Mercy when everyone within an earshot of that arena will hear the blood curdling scream from your lips "I quit, I quit". That will be you Stephanie, but now there's an extra stipulation.

Not only will you quit the match (when you yell I quit at No Mercy), you're gonna be quitting your job as General Manager of Smackdown.

But you know-I still think you..I still think you don't realise what you're doing-I really don't. You don't realise that your making me, a loving father have to go into the ring, and pummel and beat down his very own daughter-you're making me do that.

Stephanie: I'm not making you do anything Dad, you can take this match back, we don't have to have this match.

Mr McMahon: Oh yes we do, U know why we do?. Because you're making me do it. You're defying me, thats exactly what you're doing. You're defying me, and I will not have anybody defy me.

I wont have these people defy me, I wont have anyone back there in the locker room defy me, and I sure as hell wont have my own flesh and blood defy me.

I don't get it, I remember, I remember when I held you as an infant, I held you tenderly as a child, I remember you growing up, I remember your first bicycle ride, I remember all your little dance recitals, and your graduation, and I remember all of that.

And now you're throwing it all away, because you want me to take Daddy's little girl and crush it in my hands , and throw it on the mat and leave it a bloody pulp.

That's what you're making me do. And I don't know if I'm capable of it, but I think I am, I do I think I am, I don't know why.

Why would you do this to me huh? Why would you do this to me? Have you got any idea how this is gonna affect me? Then by God I say this "AT NO MERCY, I WILL STRIKE DOWN THE FACE OF DEFIANCE"

Sable: Don't be so hard on yourself Mr McMahon. When you step in the ring with Stephanie at No Mercy-Don't think of her as your Daughter, think of her as what she really is. What was it that you called her last week?. Oh I remember, yeah I remember what it was Stephanie-A DISRESPECTFUL LITTLE BI**H.

Stephanie: This is a conversation between me and my father, so why don't you do what you do best. Go back to the Mens locker room and lay flat on your back.

Edited by FreeSpirit

Kurt Angle and Christian, RAW, January 7th 2002:

Angle: I don't get it!

Christian: I don't get it either.

Angle: I mean, what's the big deal about Triple H, anyway?

Christian: I don't see it, man, I don't know.

Angle: Who was the guy that singlehandedly saved the WWF at Survivor Series?

Christian: You, Kurt Angle.

Angle: And who's the guy that brings happiness and joy to children all over the world every single day?

Christian: Kurt Angle!

Angle: Exactly. I mean, where was Triple H during the inVasion, anyway?

Christian: Probably sitting at home...spinning U2 records or something! I don't know.

Angle: U2. He probably was! I can't stand that song. (mocking) Ehhtha byootaafeh dehh! You wanna know a beautiful day?

Christian: What?

Angle: A beautiful day was when I won the Olympic Gold medal.

Christian: Yeah, that was a good one!

Angle: You wanna know another beautiful day?

Christian: Yeah.

Angle: When I won the WWF title - both times! You wanna know another beautiful day?

Christian: The day I became Champion of Europe?

Angle: ....yeah, that - that was - that was a good one. But the point is, I'm not gonna let a guy like Triple H - a guy that tore his *quadracep* - I mean, he was out eight months! I tear my quadracep all the time! I tore it this morning, I'm fine! I'm here! I'm jumpin' around! I'm not gonna let a guy like that steal MY thunder!

Christian: No way, you know what you need to do, Kurt, you know what you need to do?

Angle: Huh?

Christian: You need to make tonight your PERSONAL beautiful day.

Angle: Yeah.

I always love these kinds of threads. I'll basically just give a few of my all time favourite promos by the usual suspects:

These would be quite possibly the greatest words ever uttered by a human being in history. I give to you, Mr. Arn F'n Anderson

"Intense pain is a wonderful thing, Gene Okerlund. Your life flashes before your eyes, things that are the most important to you become crystal clear. You start to begin to learn the meaning of life. Last week when they stuffed me in that ambulance and I looked across and I saw Flair, Sting, Woman, Bagwell and myself, I realized that we were people brought together not by philosophy, but by necessity. And I started to think, new world order, new world order, where have I heard that? And I remembered in the Good Book it says, 'When the new world order is put into place it signals the beginning of the end of time.' Well, WCW is our world, it's where we live and breathe. And if you want to destroy it, Hogan and The Outsiders, you've already made a mistake that jumps off the page. If you're gonna take a baseball bat to a Horseman, finish the job. Because there's one rule of gang fighting. See, we are the original gang and we're the most vicious in all of professional wrestling history. They send one of yours to the hospital, you send two of theirs to the morgue."

An extract from another great Arn Anderson promo. This time from prior to Ric Flair's return to Nitro:

''Ladies and gentlemen through the year 2000 we're gonna do exactly what all of you across this nation have asked: 'Arn Anderson, bring back the Horseman.' But I feel it fair to tell ya, I'm not gonna be responsible for what happens next cause we don't wear white hats, we're not nice guys and I can tell you this heads are gonna roll. So I've said it, be careful what you wish for because now you have it. Huh, what a goof! What a goof! You know I get accused a getting rapped in the head a few times and having a touch a Alzeimers. My God, I almost forgot the 4th Horseman, Ric Flair, come on down!''

This would be Flair's first TV interview after winning his first World Title:

''I came down here just as I've appeared on every major wrestling programme in the country and I told the people that I was born with a golden spoon in my mouth, that I wore the finest clothes money could buy, the most expensive jewellery, driven in the biggest cars, flown in the massive airplanes. Everything I've ever wanted in life has been mine. I reiterate, if I couldn't buy it, I went out and got it. But there was no buying the NWA Championship, it took a superb athlete in superb condition, mentally and physically, one that was not going to be denied, I wanted this, I went out and got it. And now this completes Ric Flair's attire. The biggest gold of them all, the most coveted trophy, its mine Gordon Solie. I'm in Georgia, line em' up. Tommy Rich, Wrestling II, Jimmy Snuka, Gordy, The Superstar, line em' up. I've said it a hundred times and I'll say it a hundred more times, if theres a wrestler out there that wants to find out where he stands, where he ranks in professional wrestling, the greatest sport in the world today, then he better get in the ring with Ric Flair because I am the illusion destroyer. Theres a lot of men out there who think they should be where I am today and I will destroy that illusion. Just sign the contract, whoooo get in the ring...'

WWE Vengeance 2003 PPV Intro:

Mr McMahon: Tonight is about control, everything is about control. Tonight I will maintain control with the Big Show, with Sable, with MEEEEEEEEE.

I am the dream killer, the reaper of souls, the master puppeteer on the stage of fools. I am the only one who can see the big picture, the grand design.

So take your bleeding hearts somewhere else-take your freak friend gimp with you, there's no room for either of you here.

This isn't a charity house, this isn't a key club or an old age home, this is a company, this is a business, this is my life.

I say what and who goes, I am the master of the house, I pull the strings around here. So I don't care who the hell you are-If you're in my way you will get taken out.

I don't know how everyone was able to get the quotes of the promos...

I just find the promo, and replay it over and over till it's done properly. I think the Cornette promo took me about 30 minutes to do, which is OK, seeing as I can't type fast at all. When you get going, it's pretty easy to do it although you do need to be quick.

Or steal it from somehwere. I know PWTorch had a few up in the past, and I'm sure other stes do aswell.

I just find the promo, and replay it over and over till it's done properly. I think the Cornette promo took me about 30 minutes to do, which is OK, seeing as I can't type fast at all. When you get going, it's pretty easy to do it although you do need to be quick.

Or steal it from somehwere. I know PWTorch had a few up in the past, and I'm sure other stes do aswell.

Thanks, I do remember a verse from one of the Rock's songs though

"The Rock Is Better Then Tom Cruise And Tom Hanks

And Yet He Has To Deal With These Long Island Skanks"

just hilarious in my opinion :lol .

This is pretty damn long but it is without doubt one of the greatest promos of all time. Heyman completely owning Vince McMahon in what was quite clearly, mostly a shoot. This was on the Smackdown before Survivor Series 2001. I was going to type it all out as I watched but I just couldn't be bothered so I google searched it.

In just a few moments I will call Vince McMahon out

in his ring, in front of his public, on a television

show that is owned by his grand company.... At least

that is... until this Sunday at Survivor Series. I

know how much you appreciate what Shane, Stephanie and

I have done, how Shane Stephanie and I have stood up

to the tyranny of Vince McMahon and how this Sunday,

the WWF will die. But don't blame me for that...it's

not my fault. I am not the one who lifts up my

leg...and pees all over the memory of Bruno

Sammartino. I am not the one who desecrated the memory

of Superstar Billy Graham. And I am not the one who

ruined everything that was accomplished by Stone Cold

Steve Austin.

You see, at Survivor Series it means so much more than

the personalities that are involved, it's about ending

what Vince McMahon has tried to accomplish. I sat

there at that desk on Monday and I listened to Mick

Foley and I agreed with everything that Mick Foley had

to say! The WWF truly does suck!

Don't boo me. Have you watched the TV show lately?

Vince McMahon has lost his mind. The man does not have

it anymore. He is a has-been, his ideas are outdated,

his concepts are draconian, and Mick Foley was right.

Because the WWF is imploding from within.

Like every great empire, the WWF is imploding from

within. Vince's loyal employees, like Stone Cold and

Mick Foley who want nothing to do with him, like his

Children who want him to burn in hell...and I don't

blame them. Vince McMahon will see the WWF die this

Sunday at Survivor Series, and he has no hope to save

his precious company. Vince has the same chances of

saving the WWF as he did of realizing his dream of

starting his own football league.

(Note at this point Vinnie Mac comes out.)

I want you to know, that I was down on my knees, as I

know you are used to men kissing your ass Vinnie.

Every time you walk in the back....There is Patterson

and Brisco saying, "What a great idea Vince!" (kissing

sounds).

You like men kissing your ass, don't you Vince.

Because that's what you are all about...A Billionaire!

The Billionaire, Vince McMahon, the Creator of Sports

Entertainment. (Gets up in his face). I have waited SO

long to say this to your face I HATE YOUR STINKING

GUTS VINCE.

But it's not just me Vince. It's your children that

hate your stinking guts, and at Survivor Series your

children are going to do to you, what I have waited so

long to see somebody do to you Vince. You are so help

me god, .the most vile, disgusting, son of a bitch

that I have ever seen in my life. You took Hulk

Hogan's blood, and you built Titan Towers. You stole

Bret Hart's dream, and with that money you built

yourself an airplane and put the WWF all over it. You

did that, and you KNOW it you son of a bitch!

You stole Shawn Michaels smile, took your company

public, and made yourself a billionaire. But not a

self-made billionaire like you like to tell everyone

Oh NO. You made yourself a billionaire through other

peoples hard work. Your Father, Vince McMahon went

around the country shaking every promoters hand

saying, "I will never compete with you." And when your

father died...you competed. And with your ruthless,

merciless, take no prisoners attitude, you drove

everybody out of business...didn't you Vince? You ran

all the competition into the ground, and you stole all

their ideas...and you made yourself a billionaire out

of it. And you know who's ideas you stole the most

Vince? you stole MINE!!

See I don't give a damn about Don Owen, and Sam

Mushnick, and Jim Crockett. I just care about what you

did to me and my family. How you stole my dreams and

my legacy, and you stole everything that ECW

represented. Because while Doink the Clown had green

hair and a rubber nose Stone Cold Steve Austin was

drinking his first beer in ECW DAMN YOU. While Bobby

Heenen and Gene Okerland were dancing around and

signing "Tutti Fruity", ECW was producing the edgy TV

that you named "Attitude". What you got is my ideas,

and you stole MY life, MY money, and MY LEGACY!!

SCREW YOU!! SCREW YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!! And I will

tell you something...you own children hate your guts

and on Sunday, they will get even with you for

everything that you stole from me...for everything

that you stole from them. You flaunt your affairs in

front of your wife, you flaunt your affairs in Playboy

for your children to read...You *******!

Look at TAZZ! This man was a killer!! He was a

machine. He was a Wrestler and a real man. But

wrestling is a dirty word to you, isn't it Vince? Your

father built a wrestling company, and you...you had to

have "Sports Entertainment" Tazz was a great wrestler

and now, he is a fat, little, obnoxious color

commentator. And not even a GOOD one. He is a "Sports

entertainer" He is not a wrestler, because you made

wrestling a dirty word. What kind of a man are you"?

(Note: Tazz gets mad and enters the ring)

What kind of a man takes wrestling, and makes it

Sports Entertainment? At Survivor Series, you're going

down. You're going down Vince, and I'm going to watch

it...and your children are going to stand over your

grave Vince and we are going to laugh. And there is

not a damn thing you can do about it. .I'm feeling

good about this!"

Tazz locks in the Tazzmission while Michael Cole screams like a fanboy. 'CHOKE HIM OUT TAZZ, CHOKE OUT THAT PIECE OF TRASH! TEACH HIM A LESSON TAZZ! YEAH!'

Vince McMahon says: Paul Heyman...you are the epitome

of the Alliance. Because this Sunday, the Alliance

will CHOKE.

And I am the new Millennium for the World Wrestling Federation! Now for those of you who don't know me, I am Chris Jericho - your - your new hero, your party host and most importantly the most charismatic showman to ever enter your living rooms via a television screen! And for those of you who DO know me, 2.4

6.5 well, all hail the Ayatollah of Rock and Rollah! Now when you think of the new Millennium, you think of an event so gigantic that it changes the course of history. You think of the dawning of a new era. In this case, the dawning of a New Era in the WWF! Thank you - thank you!" Crowd chanting "Rocky." "A new era is what this once proud and profitable company sorely needs! What was once a captivating, trendsetting program, has nowdeteriorated into a cliched - let's be honest - BORING SNOOZEFEST that is in dire need of a knight in shining armour! And that's why I'm here! Chris Jericho has come to SAVE the WWF! Now let's go over the facts. Television ratings - downward spiral. Pay-per-view buyrates - plummeting. Mainstream acceptance - nonexistent. And reactions of the live crowd - complete and utter silence! And I know why you're silent! You're silent because you're embarrassed to be here! And quite honestly, I'm embarrassed for you! And the reason why you're embarrassed is because of the steady stream of uninteresting, untalented, mediocre 'sports entertainers' where you're forced to cheer for and care for - no wonder you're not cheering! You could care less about every single idiot in that dressing room...and especially this idiot in the centre of the ring. You people have been led to believe that mediocrity is excellence. Uh uh...JERICHO IS EXCELLENCE. And now, for the first time in WWF history, you have a man who can entertain you! You have a man who is good enough for you! You have a man who can make you jump up off your chairs, raise your filthy fat little hands in the air and scream 'Go Jericho Go! Go Jericho Go! Go Jericho Go!' Thank you. The new Millennium has arrived in the WWF - and now that the Y2J problem is here - this company, from the front office idiots to all the amateurs in the dressing room (including this one) to everybody watching tonight, will never - e-e-e-ever - be the same - agayn!" Rock slowly raises his mic to his lips. "After three boring minutes, the Rock says know your role and SHUT YOUR MOUTH! How dare you, little jabrone, come on the Rock's show and not even have the class to introduce yourself? What is your name?" "I told you--" "IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOUR NAME IS! The Rock says you talk about your Y2J plan, well the Rock has a little plan of his own, and it's call the KY Jelly plan, which-- which means the Rock is gonna lube his size 13 boot real good, turn that sumbitch sideways and stick it straight up your candy ass! If ya smeeeeeeeellll....." Jericho makes funny faces...then walks off

this is one of my favs

This is the Stone Cold King Of The Ring promo which is one of my all time favourite promos and the fact that it was not scripted just made it better.

The first thing i want to be done is to get that piece of crap out of my ring! Don't just get him out of the ring get him out of the WWE because i've proven son without a shadow of a doubt you ain't got what it takes anymore. You sit there and you thump your bible and you say your prayers and it didn't get you anywhere.You talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16......Austin 3:16 says i just whipped your ass! All he's got to do is buy him a cheap bottle of Thunderbird and try to dig back some of the courage he had in his prime. As the King Of The Ring i'm serving notice to every one of the WWE superstars...... I don't giva a damn who they are, they are all on the lsit and that is Stone Cold's list and i'm fixin to start runnin through all of them. Steve Austin's time has come and when i get the shot, you are looking at the next WWE Champiuon, and that's the bottom line......cause Stone Cold said so!

That is one of my all time favourite promos and the fact that it was not scripted just made it better.

I think that is one reason why a lot of current WWE guys have zero chance of getting over. their promos are scripted by the writers, and the exact same writers at that. How many times do you see a wrestler in WWE, get on the stick, and say soetihing completely original? It doesn't happen at all. If you had the current 'creative' team, writing for Austin, Flair, Rock or Hogan, would they of stood out? not in any way. How can you expect up and comers like Chris Masters, or John Cena to get over, when they arn't the best in the ring, and out of it, they are being fed complete crap? In fact, look athow many cheers heel Cena was getting when he was writing his own raps. Now, he is constantly telling gay jokes.

Okerlund: All right, over the last couple of months, it has been very difficult for me to introduce this man without using “World Wrestling Federation Champion”---HULK HOGAN! Here at WrestleMania IV this afternoon, you’ve got the opportunity to change that.

Hogan: Oh, yeah it’s been hard to live with man! FEE, FI, FO FUM, Andre. One long year, and your time has come, man. No marks! No scars! No blemishes on the Hulkster, brother! But inside, man, I’ve been scarred for one long year. Everywhere I go, man, all the little Hulksters ask me, “Is there any truth to the fact that there was a controversial count? Hulkster, did you really get him over your head? Did you really beat The Giant?” Well today, man, in Wrestlemania IV, we’re gonna wipe all that controversy out. Andre the Giant, in the second round, when you’re fresh as a daisy, with the whole world watching, I’m gonna prove, brother, that I can beatcha anywhere, anytime! And all my Hulkamaniacs, they’re gonna feel it tooooo….

Okerlund: Speaking of the Hulkamaniacs, Hulk Hogan, we have seen him here in Atlantic City, and I know millions others are watching very intently all around the world.

Hogan: YES! But if you look in their eyes, man, have you seen the fear in all those little Hulksters? They realize that when I get Andre the Giant cinched up in the launch position, when I SLAM him through the Trump Plaza, brother!---from New York, down to Tampa, Florida, the fault line is gonna break off! And as Andre the Giant falls into the ocean!---as my next two opponents fall to the ocean floor and I pin ‘em, so will DONALD TRUMP and ALL THE HULKAMANIACS! But as Donald Trump hangs on to the top of the Trump Plaza, with his family under his other arm, as they SINK, to the BOTTOM OF THE SEA---THANK GOD Donald Trump’s a Hulkamaniac! He’ll know enough to let go of his materialistic possessions, hang on to the wife and kids, DOG PADDLE with his life all the way to safety! But Donald, if somethin’ happens, if you run outta gas, and all those little Hulkamaniacs, just hang on to the LARGEST BACK in the world, and I’ll dog paddle us, backstroke all of us to safety!

What a fantastic promo. It's a shame the majority of people think Hogan is all about "Well you know something, brother", as he is truelly one of the best mic workers of all time. Edited by Jack

Just wanted to add another couple of my favourites. This is the sitdown face to face interview The Rock and Steve Austin had leading into Wrestlemania 17. Rock was great in this and Austin was even better. Snippets of it were in the 'My Way' video package, which remains the best video package they have ever done. I was more hyped for this main event than I had been for a Wrestlemania main event in a long time and this sitdown interview made me even more hyped up.

JR: Certainly notwithstanding the recent physicality involving both you two gentlemen, I want to thank you for taking time out of your schedule to be here and thank you in advance for your professionalism during this interview. We're here to talk about WrestleMania. We're here to talk about the Rock defending the WWF title against Stone Cold Steve Austin in the Reliant Astrodome on Sunday, April the first, but before we do, Rock, you have a heck of a tall order ahead of you because you're in a handicap match against two men, Kurt Angle and Chris Benoit, as ordered by Commissioner Regal. Now Steve, I don't know how much stroke I have with the commissioner these days, but would you be willing to step up and be the Rock's tag team partner tonight—

Rock: Whoa, whoa, whoa, Jim. You don't have to ask Stone Cold that; you should ask me that. I don't need a partner, I don't want a partner. And at this point in time, he'd be the last guy I'd ever want as a tag team partner.

Austin: You gonna answer all my questions? Did you ask me the question?

JR: Yes, I did.

Austin: You gonna answer all my questions?

JR: Well, perhaps I should have asked the Rock the question, so obviously it wasn't a good question, and that's my responsibility. Uh... WrestleMania, April first - without a doubt, this is the most eagerly anticipated main event in WrestleMania history. This certainly could be the biggest WrestleMania in World Wrestling Federation as well. What does, Rock, the WWF Championship, as a professional, what does it mean to you - being the WWF Champion, what does that title mean to you?

Rock: Well, being the WWF Champion solidifies the fact that you are at the mountaintop, solidifies the fact that you've grabbed that brass ring. It's something I've worked very hard for my entire life, because I grew up in this industry - that's the reason I'm here in the WWF - so being the WWF Champion solidifes the fact that I'm the absolute best.

JR: Steve, on SmackDown! last week you spoke of this hellacious journey personally for you back. Have you changed your thoughts about what this match means in the last seven days since we've talked about it?

Austin: No, I haven't changed a damn thing about what I thought. It means Stone Cold Steve Austin is back; we can stop talking about it - the journey's over. It's Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. the Rock for the World Wrestling Federation title - that's what it is.

JR: It certainly seems to me, and certainly not degrading the WWF title, because that's it - anybody that passes through the doors of the WWF, as you have said, Steve, should be here for one thing and one thing only and that's to become the WWF Champion - but, it seems to me that thanks to Mr. McMahon assigning Stone Cold's wife Debra as the Rock's manager, that that has heightened, to me, the personal animosity, the peresonal issue between the two of you.

Rock: Well, it's heightened a lot of things - it's heightened the animosity, professional as well as personal. The fact of the matter is this: is I never asked for Debra to be my manager, never wanted Debra to be my manager, and I'll go on the record as saying I have no problem personally - or professionally for that matter, but the fact of the matter is she's not my responsibility. She's not my wife - she's your wife.

Austin: Let me go on record as sayin' that I don't like the fact that my wife is your manager, because there's a conflict of interest there. Ah, if she's supposed to be your manager and I'm wrestling you for the World Wrestling Federation championship at WrestleMania, that's a problem. That's a big problem. But I, I expect that my wife should have a career, and - and - all - more power to her. I'm gettin' a little worked up here, and I'll just try to settle down, and I'll tell you right now I don't like the tone of your voice when you mention my name, or my wife. You might wanna take a little bass out of your voice.

Rock: Well, I might not.

Austin: Let me go and cut you off here, let's just go ahead and take Debra out of this equation - bam, she's a nonfactor. The fact is, Rock, you've got the WWF title and I want it. Can we change the scenario? No. So don't even worry about that. Just don't even go there. You've got what I want - enough said about that.

JR: What are you - people are wondering, this animosity - do you hate each other? Personally, what do you think of this man? He is the champion. Personally, as a human being?

Austin: Personally, what do I think about the Rock?

JR: Right.

Austin: He's probably a wonderful human being and a credit to the human race in a lot of people's views. In my opinion, I could care less about the Rock. Personally.

JR: Your thoughts on Stone Cold as a human being, Rock? I know you're...

Rock: You know, it's - it's - it's - it's no mystery. There's no mystery how I feel about Stone Cold, there's no mystery about how Stone Cold feels about the Rock. We've gone good to bad, bad to good, we've done it all across the whole spectrum, but the fact of the matter is this, professionally, I've EARNED his respect, professionally, he's earned mine but when we get in that ring together, he brings out the best in the Rock. The Rock brings out the best in Stone Cold, no question. Personally? (pause) Personally, I don't like him.

JR: I don't think we need to let this...de - degenerate--

Austin: I'm tryin' to be a pro over here, right?

JR: I, I hope—

Austin : That ain't gonna be lastin' much longer (beep) if you keep sassin' me.

JR: Well, let's, let's focus back on WrestleMania—

Austin: How come you never asked what the belt meant to me?

JR: All right, good question.

Austin: You said, what's it like to be back at WrestleMania, ask me what the belt meant to me.

JR: What does that - okay, what does the WWF—

Austin: I'll paraphrase everything he said, it means I'm the number one (beep) in the industry, bottom line. That's my opinion what the belt means to me, I just thought you should ask me the question, too. You're little one sided here if you ask me.

JR: All right, well I'll ask you another question if you don't mind. And that question is, as the challenger, uh the onus is gonna be on you in the Astrodome at WrestleMania because we're looking at one fall, sixty minute time limit, he's the WWF Champion, he doesn't have to beat you but you damn sure gotta beat him. Strategically, does that change game plans, mind set, or is it still full speed ahead?

Austin: It's full speed ahead because when I get in the with the Rock in the Astrodome, 65,000 screaming fans, watching every single move that happens in that ring - yeah, I gotta beat that man. I've never wrestled an hour in my life, but if that's what it takes, that's exactly what I'll do. My strategy is to go in there and do whatever it takes to beat the Rock - 1, 2, 3 - and become World Wrestling Federation champion.

JR: Rock, without revealing your hand, and your strategy - your mindset as far as your approach to this, as...competitor to competitor.

Rock: Revealing my hand and my strategy? The fact of the matter is this: is that you brought up a very good point, Jim Ross, is that - is that the Rock doesn't have to beat Stone Cold, Stone Cold has to beat the Rock, but as far as I'm concerned, the belt is dangling, and we're both goin' for it. So I got one reason, and one reason only to go inside that ring, and that is to beat Stone Cold Steve Austin. It's just that simple. What, I'm just gonna go in there and back off, just because I'm the champion?

Austin: I'm glad you said that, because I don't want you to be on defense the whole match. I appreciate the fact that you wanna beat Stone Cold as much as I NEED to beat you. 'cause I don't want you on defense all night long. I appreciate the fact that you wanna whip my ass - it ain't gonna happen, but I appreciate your mentality.

Rock: Oh, well I'm glad you appreciate my mentality - I'm glad you appreciate the fact that I wanna whip your ass so much. We'll see how much you appreciate it on April 1st, see how much you appreciate it then.

Austin: You know what, you got that little T-shirt that says "just bring it" on the front of it. Well, that night when you're looking up at the lights and that little T-shirt says "Just bring it?" You will know that Stone Cold just brought of it.

Rock: Yeah? Well you've got your little T-shirt, too - Austin 3:16. "Austin 3:16 says I just whipped your ass." Right? Well I say just bring it, you say I just whipped your ass. So on April 1st why don't you try just come try and kick the Rock's ass.

JR: Obviously, the emotion, and I understand the emotion because of what's at stake - what's at stake is the WWF title at Wrestlemania, but in closing this interview, and again I appreciate your professionalism, I know it's not easy, any closing remarks Rock, as the champion, to the challenger?

Rock: Yeah, we - we can talk about one fall, two falls, sixty minutes, sixty days, talk about Debra being my manager, whose responsibility it is, it's his wife, it's this that's happening - it doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is April 1st, WrestleMania 17, the biggest of all time. The Rock and Austin, the biggest of all time. The fact of the matter is this: is I will give you every drop of sweat, every drop of blood, every ounce of energy I have - win lose or draw, you are gonna get the absolute best of the Rock at WrestleMania, and there's a reason why they call me the Rock, there's a reason why the most electrifying man the world has ever seen and all that - and there's a reason why they call me the best. Come April 1, two unstoppable forces will meet...and all questions will be answered.

JR: Steve, your final thoughts about this match?

Austin: Without getting overly sentimental, I'll go on record as sayin' every single time I've been in the ring with the Rock, he has brought out the absolute best in Stone Cold Steve Austin. So when I roll in to the Astrodome and WrestleMania on April first? Do I wanna beat you on a personal level? Oh hell yeah, I do. But on professional level, which bleeds over into my personal existence, I need it, Rock - I need it more than anything you could ever imagine. So that's the mentality I roll into the Astrodome with, the fact that Stone Cold Steve Austin is back, and that I must beat the Rock to be the World Wrestling Federation champion once again. And there is no other way. There can be only one. There can be only one World Wrestling Federation champion. And that will be, Rock, when it's all said and done...Stone Cold Steve Austin. With all due respect.

JR: Gentlemen, thank you very much for your time, and...best of luck to both of you at WrestleMania.

More Arn F'n Anderson, this time his retirement speech. God damn Arn could talk.

Well, Gene, all I can tell ya', to get a response like this makes what I got to say tonight mean that much more. Ya' see, I'm a realist. As everybody knows, I've got average size and speed and average ability. But I've parlayed that into what I would call a very successful career. And I did that on sheer will alone. But another reality is four months ago they took four vertebrae out of my neck. Consequently, I'm left with a hand, my left hand, too weak to hold a glass, too weak to button a button.

But I thought in my mind, I knew in my mind I could overcome that too through sheer will. And I was doing just like that. I think I've come back a long way. But the other day I had something happen in the gym that was like a cold slap in the face of reality. A guy about your size, Gene, came up and he slapped me on the back and he said, 'Double A, where ya' been? We hadn't seen you on TV.' And just that slap sent a jolt through me and I dropped the water I was drinkin' and just for a second my system shut down. And it became crystal clear as I watched the few little drops of water draining out of that bottle the symbolism that was involved. It was like someone had turned an hourglass over and the sand was runnin' out on the career of Arn Anderson.

Now the fact of the matter is not only do I put myself in a suicide situation by trying to wrestle again, I endanger these two men's careers and I respect them too much for that. And rather than being anything other than the Enforcer in my best friend's eyes, I'd rather walk away. And for all of you people out there that have ever bought a ticket to see Arn Anderson wrestle, whether ya' love me or you hated me, you know that when that bell rang you got all I had that night. Whether I won, whether I lost, I gave you everything I had. And you knew that. And when you did this to me (the four fingers extended) that was your acknowledgement.

Well, the fact is I got nothing left to give. And I want you to remember me as I was, not as I am. But being the man that I am, my last act formally as a Horseman, I got one last challenge. And that is to you, Curt Hennig. And don't misunderstand me. It's not for a fight. You got something special. I've seen you in this ring. Your skills, your maturity, your commitment to excellence make you something special. And what my challenge is to you, Curt, is stand beside my best friend, Ric Flair, and lead these two men back to the glory and the prominence that the Four Horsemen once had. And I'm going to tell you what your prize is. It's not a spot in the Horsemen. This is worth a lot more than that to me. I'm going to give you the only thing I got left. Not a spot. I'll give you my spot.

Edited by Naitch